01-14-2017, 01:58 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 01:49 PM)stan Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 10:42 AM)willhs Wrote: I used the punch tool with the V1 oneblade for 1 month and 3-4 months with V2. I thought the punch helped with the V1 and V2. I never tried to use the V2 without the punch. I have also tried feather blades with both. I definitely think the V2 with a properly punched blade is the best shave for me, by a noticeable margin.  I think it is worth trying for people. I don't have interest in selling punched blades.

Sounds like someone should just make a modern razor that takes Gem blades.

You make it,we'll buy it.

1 101
 01-14-2017, 04:20 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 10:42 AM)willhs Wrote: I used the punch tool with the V1 oneblade for 1 month and 3-4 months with V2. I thought the punch helped with the V1 and V2. I never tried to use the V2 without the punch. I have also tried feather blades with both. I definitely think the V2 with a properly punched blade is the best shave for me, by a noticeable margin.  I think it is worth trying for people. I don't have interest in selling punched blades.

Go for it Stan.

5 1,462
 01-15-2017, 05:18 AM
User Info

Waiting with PayPal primed.

31 7,981
 01-18-2017, 07:32 PM
User Info
So I got the nibbling tool - and it Does not make precise cuts.

I am going to get the nickle metal punch. Hope it makes clean holes.

Can anyone upload the video of the process?

5 264
 02-15-2017, 08:58 PM
User Info
(01-18-2017, 07:32 PM)inspectoring Wrote: So I got the nibbling tool - and it Does not make precise cuts.

Hi - I got the Nickle hole puncher but it did not call me with the instructions - and I don't know how to use it/ is there a video tutorial for the hole puncher??

5 264
 02-16-2017, 02:40 AM
User Info
(02-15-2017, 08:58 PM)inspectoring Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 07:32 PM)inspectoring Wrote: So I got the nibbling tool - and it Does not make precise cuts.

Hi - I got the Nickle hole puncher but it did not call me with the instructions - and I don't know how to use it/ is there a video tutorial for the hole puncher??

Maybe it's time to trade down to the V1

0 177
 02-16-2017, 04:33 AM
User Info
I'd say, look at the pictures, read the descriptions, and do some trial and error and you will get it.

0 16
 02-16-2017, 06:33 AM
User Info
(02-15-2017, 08:58 PM)inspectoring Wrote:

I believe the guy who first thought of using this tool has some directions in this thread. Go back thru this thread and find the instructions.

5 1,462
 02-22-2017, 03:10 PM
User Info
I have the V1 razor. It is a superb shaving tool. Better than anything I have ever used in the past. I still use lots of old razors and it is a hobby after all at this stage because of being retired. But, none can compare to the V1 One Blade in my opinion. Very easy to use, cuts so close with so little effort, and yes the Feather blades designed for this razor are wonderfully sharp but they last for 2 shaves and then are simply junk and not fit for shaving again. SO, I have tried the inspired Gems and used them and they very well in the V1 I have with no smile. Not sure why really as they fit plenty tight in my razor? But, the fit is mainly just pressure and the blade is not locked into the tabs. Still stay put and work. SO I bought the cheap nobler after reading about modifications. And, after sacrificing many blades, I finally figured out how and where to clip the blades with the nibbler. But, I find that many of the blades seem to be slightly lose. I presume this is the the almost but not perfect clipping with the cheap nibbler? And, of course my skills and abilities. But, the hole punch tool seems to appeal to me. I find the Gem destined blades to be durable enough to bother if I have to taping the Feather blade to a despised Gem so that I can get the hole clipping perfect. Because of the Feather blade lasting weakness I have been shaving first with one of the many, many DE and single edge razors I have and using the One blade for the final cleaning up. This definitely makes the feather blade last for 5+ shaves as I surmise the blade is only polishing up the already saved off surface. Now, will I bother buying the punch tool? I don't know. I have a hard choice of how long will I last and be able to shave with a DE or SE razor as I am retired and old? OR does that really matter as with everything it is never a matter of actual need. It is always a test of WANT!!! Life still is a Magazine. At the Time it was 25 cents. I only had a dime? That's life!!!

0 28
 02-22-2017, 06:10 PM
User Info
If the despined GEM works well without clipping the blade, then why bother. Simply remove the spine, insert, and enjoy 20+ shaves.

31 7,981
 02-25-2017, 11:49 AM
User Info
(02-22-2017, 06:10 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: If the despined GEM works well without clipping the blade, then why bother. Simply remove the spine, insert, and enjoy 20+ shaves.

People have done so, but I'm not sure the blade still has the same geometry on the head as it's riding the posts and not sitting in them.
There are some who claim that a gem without clipping will have a smile.

0 177
 02-25-2017, 02:48 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Anybody want to clip me some gems? I'll pay good money for your time and troubles.

5 526
 02-25-2017, 04:04 PM
User Info
(02-25-2017, 11:49 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 06:10 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: If the despined GEM works well without clipping the blade, then why bother. Simply remove the spine, insert, and enjoy 20+ shaves.

People have done so, but I'm not sure the blade still has the same geometry on the head as it's riding the posts and not sitting in them.
There are some who claim that a gem without clipping will have a smile.

The smile will not hurt anything and you will still get a great shave.

5 1,462
 02-27-2017, 03:36 PM
User Info
This has been my experience.  The Gem has the tiniest of smiles in my razor, but I cannot say I have noticed any negative effects.

59 450