03-31-2016, 03:53 AM
  • DYD
  • Soap Manufacturer
  • Italy - Varese
User Info
Cosmo Special Edition for Cosmoprof 2016 international fair in Bologna - Italy.

[Image: Gruppo-New.jpg]
Cosmo shaving soap represents our latest evolution in the Beta formulations and a big step towards slickness and post shave properties enhancement, hence the definition “beta 4.2”. The renewed formulation, different from the previous ones we made, and the addition of larch extract (Genus Larix Extract), provide an excellent post shave and an overall amazing experience. The larch extract is also able to reduce the trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL), thus helping those skin types that tend to dryness. We also added a new vegetal compound, based on castor oil, that gives a lubricating action and helps the razor mechanical action.
The aluminum container is anthracite coloured, enriched with a metallic label in antique brass.
--
125ml After Shave in 125ml bottle - 100% vegetable (shake well before use).
[Image: cosmo-AS-SMALL.jpg]
A very special formula that does take the product characteristics of an alcoholic EDT (alcohol we use is of plant origin) and a fluid cream. In combination with the shaving soap, also the After Shave gives great comfort thanks to extract of Larch. The active ingredients, in high concentration, make the formulation complex and rich. Apply just a small amount, spreading on the face.
--
30ml face serum in glass bottle
[Image: cosmo-serum-SMALL.jpg]
Man facial serum with a slight fragrance used in both soap and aftershave. One of the active ingredients of this serum, specifically designed for men, is based on a product that speaks of Italy. This is the extract of the white truffle, the most precious of truffles for its undisputed organoleptic qualities and the fact that grows exclusively in Italy.
The extract of white truffle acts simultaneously on different aspects related to skin aging:
  • skin elasticity
  • skin thickness (filler effect)
  • anti-wrinkle effect
  • anti-bags effect
  • hydration
Other active ingredients, such as the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid, panthenol and vitamin E, give the following characteristics:
  • instantly fills wrinkles and fine lines
  • topical alternative to injectable products
  • intensely moisturizes the skin
  • improves skin elasticity
  • smooths the skin

0 121
 03-31-2016, 09:23 AM
User Info
Container looks nice, is it plastic or alu ?

24 6,018
 03-31-2016, 09:27 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(03-31-2016, 09:23 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Container looks nice, is it plastic or alu ?

Stated above Claus... "The aluminum container is anthracite coloured, enriched with a metallic label in antique brass."

99 18,011
 03-31-2016, 10:11 AM
  • DYD
  • Soap Manufacturer
  • Italy - Varese
User Info
Thanks ben74

0 121
 03-31-2016, 10:20 AM
User Info
Lovely packaging.

61 3,796
 03-31-2016, 10:52 AM
User Info
Looks amazing, I can't wait to try! Now just waiting for a Saponificio Varesino shave soap with a I coloniali type smellWink

8 196
 03-31-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
(03-31-2016, 10:52 AM)Batmanacci Wrote: Looks amazing, I can't wait to try! Now just waiting for a Saponificio Varesino shave soap with a I coloniali type smellWink

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Really looking forward to trying the soap with the new formula. Something tells me that the aftershave will be something that I will like the post feel for. Who is planning on ordering this one?

81 1,368
 03-31-2016, 04:49 PM
User Info
Maybe I missed it but what's the scent on this supposed to be like?

148 3,594
 03-31-2016, 04:59 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(03-31-2016, 04:49 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: Maybe I missed it but what's the scent on this supposed to be like?

Yes, I'm interested in a scent description too.

[Image: Hoa3ikf.png]

99 18,011
 03-31-2016, 06:21 PM
User Info
I liked all the notes , interested in coffee , incense as base note.

Not a fan of vanilla , hopefully not much there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 03-31-2016, 06:27 PM
User Info
I just ordered this soap.....and I threw in one of the new Manchurian brushes for good measure.  Biggrin

8 849
 04-01-2016, 01:15 AM
User Info
Might have to give this a try, the scent description has piqued my interest.

Also the packaging is very nicely done Thumbsup

7 787
 04-01-2016, 02:12 AM
User Info
Dont know how to finish the soaps/creams I already have, resently bought few SV's.

New products coming out more and more these days, my heart wants to buy, but my logic says you wont live as much to finish all those soaps  Smile

0 132
 04-01-2016, 02:43 AM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
(03-31-2016, 06:27 PM)Dinder1 Wrote: I just ordered this soap.....and I threw in one of the new Manchurian brushes for good measure.  Biggrin

Lol! Wink

10 378
 04-07-2016, 04:33 PM
User Info
What is the feedback on the scent guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 04-07-2016, 05:27 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I ordered all three (soap, after shave and serum).

In relation to scent of the soap I've read (from Dave Eisenhuth - who I don't personally know, but his favourite soap is Tabac):

"The Scent is a very nice mystery as well. The initial opening of spice, and to my nose, mint mellowed into a very fragrant scent, but very hard to describe. This is appropriate for Summer or winter, with just the lightest of scents left over after the shave."

The same reviewer, said this about the after shave scent:

"Scent profile is the same, albeit a bit stronger, but still light. It almost evolves like an Oud throughout the day and some 7 hours later there are hints of the fragrance. Deep, citrusy, smoky, pungent, and even a bit powdery."

One of the other Mods here gave me his impression of the scent:

"I think the scent is very pleasant, although hard to describe. They have a scent chart on their site. I'm picking up a little coffee, but even more vanilla and incense, and I'm not sure I pick up on much vetyver or Sandalwood."

99 18,011
 04-07-2016, 09:03 PM
User Info
This Cosmo sounds so pleasing. Must resist ordering it! Ben, please provide us with a great feedback!  Biggrin

31 739
 04-08-2016, 01:36 PM
User Info
I just used this for the first time today and it is a great soap, very slick.  I've used the 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 recipe's and so far this is my favorite for getting a close shave.  The scent profile is complex and difficult to describe as the quotes Ben posted above but I agree with all three.

The water bloom from soaking the shave soap prior to shaving makes for a great preshave., The aftershave reminds me of the aftershave for the 70th anniv in consistency, looks and feel.  There was an initial sting when applied which I'm attributing to the plant alcohol mentioned in first post.  The serum is also very nice.  You should have no trouble finding a cologne to pair with this set.

2 12
 04-08-2016, 02:45 PM
User Info
(04-07-2016, 05:27 PM)ben74 Wrote: I ordered all three (soap, after shave and serum).

In relation to scent of the soap I've read (from Dave Eisenhuth - who I don't personally know, but his favourite soap is Tabac):

"The Scent is a very nice mystery as well. The initial opening of spice, and to my nose, mint mellowed into a very fragrant scent, but very hard to describe. This is appropriate for Summer or winter, with just the lightest of scents left over after the shave."

The same reviewer, said this about the after shave scent:

"Scent profile is the same, albeit a bit stronger, but still light. It almost evolves like an Oud throughout the day and some 7 hours later there are hints of the fragrance. Deep, citrusy, smoky, pungent, and even a bit powdery."

One of the other Mods here gave me his impression of the scent:

"I think the scent is very pleasant, although hard to describe. They have a scent chart on their site. I'm picking up a little coffee, but even more vanilla and incense, and I'm not sure I pick up on much vetyver or Sandalwood."

Thanks Ben .

61 3,072
 04-09-2016, 01:10 AM
User Info
I just purchased a pot of the shaving soap - look forward to sniffing it and testing how great it is compared to the others  Smile

Update:

The postmen was just here  Biggrin

Got it, very nice dark metal container - wish SV would make all their soaps in either this or the 70.th anniversary container and the likes of that.
I love my 4 SV wood containers, but to keep track of that's what, I like to get a soap in a container, where the name of the soap is on the outside - when you have more than 2 SV soaps in your collection, this is a nice feature, if you know what I mean  Wink

The scent.......very nice calming......I get the incense, the coffee, the citrus and the vanilla........also the sandalwood in the background.
This is a niche level scent definitely. Not for all. I love it !!

24 6,018