Poll: Which scent do you prefer?
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 04-02-2016, 07:59 PM
User Info
For those who have tried both soaps, which do you like better? I've tried both on separate occasions, but I just got some new samples, so that I could compare and contrast them, side by side. Going by the scent of the soap itself, before lathering, I find that they are very similar scents, but that Lavandin & Eucalyptus is just a touch more complex, with a mild but uplifting hint of eucalyptus. Ultimately, you couldn't go wrong with either scent, though. These are fantastic lavenders!

3 196
 04-02-2016, 08:32 PM
User Info
I like his HL the best of all his soaps.  Great scent. Great soap.

10 350
 04-03-2016, 04:44 AM
  • pb56
  • New York
User Info
I enjoy them both, but I prefer the additional complexity of the Lavandin-Eucalyptus. For me, it has a depth that's particularly engaging. It's one of my all time favorites.

44 178
 04-03-2016, 11:33 AM
User Info
I much prefer Mike's Lavandin/Eucalyptus for since it has a bit more complexity.

83 21,077
 08-27-2016, 07:34 PM
User Info
I have had Mike's Hungarian Lavender before but never shaved with it and gifted it to someone.

How many have had reactions to this and if I do get a reaction, does anyone have experience of airing out the soap a bit to get it to mellow out? I know I do know have an allergy to Lavender EO, just fyi.

Thanks gentlemen!  Shy

79 1,338
 08-28-2016, 05:35 AM
User Info
I have tried both and love Lavandin-Eucalyptus

Edit: Reactions to the soaps? None to both HL and LE. In fact I have never had a reaction to any of the scents from Mike's.

0 90
 08-28-2016, 07:57 AM
User Info
I've not heard of any allergies to lavender oil. I suppose it's possible, though, as everyone's skin is different.

3 196
 11-21-2016, 08:59 AM
User Info
So I have had a few shaves now with Mike's Hungarian Lavender. When I got the tub, it wasn't as strong as I remember in the scent strength. But for my last shave using it, I loaded my 26mm 3 band HMW brush a ton. I was getting these wonderful peaks right off the top of the soap before it even hit my face. I loaded a bit longer and wiped all the protolather off the puck and onto the top of the brush. It was one of the most pleasant experiences face lathering I have ever had. The feeling of the bigger, softer, more luxurious knots filled to the brim with super slick and thick lather. The scent was the most noticeable thing about the shave. During the lathering, the scent was so strong and pleasant! I can't wait to use it again!  Biggrin

79 1,338
 11-21-2016, 03:16 PM
User Info
I have only tried Hungarian Lavender, so can't vote.

24 5,966