04-04-2016, 08:30 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Hello brothers and sisters! I am trying to raise some cash in order to make a few purchases so I need to send some of my babies off to loving homes!  Sad I am trying to raise a specific amount of money, so once I have raised that amount, I will likely withdraw the remaining items. I'll try to honor the order in which I get the messages, so if there's something you've been looking for, let me know quickly! Questions are welcome, and thank you for looking!

* Above the Tie Kronos S1/S2 set. Sells for $256 new. I am offering for $220. $210 $205.
This includes both the S1(SB) and S2(OC) slant baseplates. Set is absolutely in like new condition. It has seen very little use, and has no significant signs of wear.
[Image: AI7CKo.jpg][Image: bTySYA.jpg]
(Note, I think I may have inadvertently put a picture of an H2 baseplate. Rest assured, you WILL get a S2 baseplate with this. I can provide a photo upon request.)

Cased GE Jones Brass-Handled Shake Sharp DE razor. The median eBay price of sold listings for similar items is $130.16 over the last 90 days. I'm offering this one for $110. SOLD
This item is in excellent condition. Mechanism works flawlessly, and it retains nearly all of its original plating. The case is slightly worn, but in overall very good condition.
[Image: yd93Xo.jpg]
If you (like me) are fascinated by innovative mechanisms for razors, this is an excellent specimen. It also shaves really well!

* Gillette F1 (1960) Prison Tech "Psycho" with working key. $95. $90. PENDING
This was sold to me as "New Old Stock" and I have used it exactly once. It is absolutely pristine, and in perfect working order.
[Image: 0ZBWc7.jpg][Image: CFTYMd.jpg]
Perfect for those of you considering opening a prison. Also, if you just like cool stuff. This razor is similar to a regular Tech, but can't be opened without the (included) key. Very fascinating piece of history!

* "Standard Safety Razor" - Germany. There are no points of comparison, but I paid $75, so I'm selling for $65. $55 $50.
This is not the "Standard" "Standard Safety Razor." It is a vintage razor from Germany. I've only ever seen one other example of this razor. It is very unusual in that the baseplate is nearly flat. The top cap is rounded, but it gives the blade an extremely mild, yet extremely efficient quality. I'm not personally a fan of mild razors, but if you like a good mild shave, this would be a great one to check out.
[Image: 9vFyhx.jpg][Image: 3dz1vo.jpg]
It appears to be very precisely machined from brass, and has very little plate loss. There are a couple minor scratches, but I would say that the wear is normal, given its age and vintage status. Definitely nothing that impedes the shave in any way.

* Polished B2(or maybe B1) Mongoose with UFO Godzilla XL Handle and Dr. Bomber handle$310. SOLD
This is the most dear item to be on the whole list. It will feature the original Certificate of Authenticity, which may have some stains from my tears. I generally try not to pair items into expensive lots, but in this case, this UFO handle is such a perfect partner to the Mongoose head, I couldn't bear to separate them. They look incredible together, and as far as weight, balance, and overall shave, they were made to be together!
[Image: r3aSzx.jpg][Image: E6eruK.jpg]
I will state on record that this is below the price I paid for it. Neither Mongeese nor UFOs are currently available for purchase, and this particular handle is most definitely a "non-production" item; I am an ardent supporter of the "anti price-gouging" rules in place here, and I don't believe I am violating the spirit nor the letter of the posting guidelines. (If the moderators feel differently, please remove this item, and accept my apologies.) I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone, I just don't use this beautiful combination all that much, so if someone is a dedicated Mongoose user, there simply is no better handle to use on it.

EDIT: I had a few questions on the batch of this razor. Here is what I know for sure. I believe there were some issues with the initial razors, in that they did not take the "Feather Super Professional" blades correctly without some modification. This razor has exhibited no such issues. I have tested with both Feather Supers as well as as Feather Super Professional, and both fit without any problem at all. However, I have the original box (which I will post pictures of later) and it looks like a very early box.

To clarify another question, unless specifically noted, all items are in absolutely pristine condition. There are no marks of any kind on the Mongoose, nor the UFO handle. (apart from perhaps some extremely minor hairline scuffs that come from not handling it with cotton gloves.)

There you have it, brothers and sisters. I welcome comments and questions.

22 835
 04-04-2016, 09:30 AM
User Info
Great stuff Craig!  Good luck with your sale

75 2,321
 04-04-2016, 12:54 PM
User Info
wow.  Nice gear.  Can't afford any of it.  GLWTS.

2 1,557
 04-04-2016, 03:58 PM
User Info
Can the stains from your tears on the certificate be cleaned off?  Biggrin

12 94
 04-04-2016, 04:02 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(04-04-2016, 03:58 PM)AABCDS Wrote: Can the stains from your tears on the certificate be cleaned off?  Biggrin

I think that with enough time, I may one day recover. I'll make sure to dry my tears before shipment.

22 835
 04-04-2016, 04:56 PM
User Info
Qxfxz

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

26 9
 04-04-2016, 04:57 PM
User Info
DxadxxfVaazxxxgSXxdtadxzQWz

26 9
 04-04-2016, 04:58 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Methinks your parity bit is turned off. (BTW, that joke is hilarious if you're a technology geek...)

22 835
 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM
User Info
That's what happens when you leave your phone open on the page of razors your drooling over and you kid grabs the phone. Sorry everyone

26 9
 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM
User Info
(04-04-2016, 03:58 PM)AABCDS Wrote: Can the stains from your tears on the certificate be cleaned off?  Biggrin

Laughing1

75 2,321
 04-05-2016, 10:18 AM
User Info
(04-04-2016, 04:58 PM)chamm Wrote: Methinks your parity bit is turned off. (BTW, that joke is hilarious if you're a technology geek...)

I just actually laughed out loud.

1 77
 04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I adjusted the price on a few items. Thank you for looking!

22 835
 04-08-2016, 12:42 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Shake Sharp and the UFO/Mongoose have sold. Congratulations to the new owners, and thank you to TSN!

The Prison Tech is pending, but if you have interest, let me know. I should know tomorrow if the buyer is unable to complete the purchase, and will post an update.

Price drops on the ATT and the "Standard Safety Razor."

As always, thank you for looking, and let me know if you have any questions.

22 835
 04-08-2016, 02:32 PM
User Info
Sending PW

4 58