04-09-2016, 11:46 AM
User Info
Hello, I just picked up the ATT S1 with the Kronos handle.  I'd like a straight bar now and am trying to decide if, instead of staying with ATT, I'd get a wolfman straight bar.  My only issue is spending that kind of $ on a razor I don't end up liking. Would some of you guys mind giving me a comparison of the ATT Kronos vs Wolfman WRH1? And a comparison between the ATT R1 and Wolfman WR1SB. Thanks a lot guys

0 30
 04-09-2016, 03:29 PM
User Info
I was a tried an true user of the R1 for 18 months.
It was supplanted by the WR1 -SB

A year later the WR1-SB still leads the pack....

2 150
 04-09-2016, 04:16 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 03:29 PM)targa88 Wrote: I was a tried an true user of the R1 for 18 months.
It was supplanted by the WR1 -SB

A year later the WR1-SB still leads the pack....

Signs011

61 3,796
 04-09-2016, 04:27 PM
User Info
I own the ATT S1/S2 and have all three of their handles. I also own the WRI-SB/OC with WRH7 handle. There is no comparison in fit and finish, the wolfman is leagues ahead of anything ATT produces. The quality of the finish and the machining is impeccable. The Wolfy is also a bit more aggressive than the S1 and paired with a feather blade allows for a closer shave.

Where the S1 truly shines is in it's auto-pilot, effortless removal of growth. You hardly feel it's working when you're doing your passes and there's never any irritation either. I place the wolfy at #2 in my den followed by the S1 at #3 for modern DE's. I hope this helped...

0 650
 04-09-2016, 04:30 PM
User Info
I forgot to add that the atlas handle is beautiful to look at but the knurling is very sharp and I found the handle to be too short. The Titan is huge, heavy and unwieldy. The kronos in the middle is my favourite ATT handle. All three handles are built like tanks, as are the heads, and should last you a lifetime!

The inkwell stand is gorgeous.

0 650
 04-09-2016, 06:01 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 04:27 PM)ssultan Wrote: I own the ATT S1/S2 and have all three of their handles. I also own the WRI-SB/OC with WRH7 handle. There is no comparison in fit and finish, the wolfman is leagues ahead of anything ATT produces. The quality of the finish and the machining is impeccable. The Wolfy is also a bit more aggressive than the S1 and paired with a feather blade allows for a closer shave.

Where the S1 truly shines is in it's auto-pilot, effortless removal of growth. You hardly feel it's working when you're doing your passes and there's never any irritation either. I place the wolfy at #2 in my den followed by the S1 at #3 for modern DE's. I hope this helped...

Thanks everyone for your responses. Very useful info.  Ssultan, what's your #1?

0 30
 04-09-2016, 06:39 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 11:46 AM)loubal Wrote: Hello, I just picked up the ATT S1 with the Kronos handle.  I'd like a straight bar now and am trying to decide if, instead of staying with ATT, I'd get a wolfman straight bar.  My only issue is spending that kind of $ on a razor I don't end up liking. Would some of you guys mind giving me a comparison of the ATT Kronos vs Wolfman WRH1? And a comparison between the ATT R1 and Wolfman WR1SB. Thanks a lot guys

I have both, to me they shave equally well. I agree however that I prefer the look and finish on the Wolfman better. With ATT they've left the machining, where the Wolfman both the polished and brushed version have a 'cleaner' look. Just a matter of preference. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the performance of either razor.

1 97
 04-09-2016, 07:37 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 04:27 PM)ssultan Wrote: ...There is no comparison in fit and finish, the wolfman is leagues ahead of anything ATT produces. The quality of the finish and the machining is impeccable. The Wolfy is also a bit more aggressive than the S1...

Where the S1 truly shines is in it's auto-pilot, effortless removal of growth...
Really nothing more to add...

My #1/2 - in no particular order:
Wolfman SB and BBS-1

My current #4/5:
ATT S1/R1 - depending on my mood...

Could i live without my #4/5?  It would be hard but achievable.

Could I live without my #1/2? Might have to grow a beard Biggrin

And just for completeness - my #3 is my RRSS V1 - my preferred travel companion

7 882
 04-09-2016, 07:47 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 07:37 PM)alfredus Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 04:27 PM)ssultan Wrote: ...There is no comparison in fit and finish, the wolfman is leagues ahead of anything ATT produces. The quality of the finish and the machining is impeccable. The Wolfy is also a bit more aggressive than the S1...

Where the S1 truly shines is in it's auto-pilot, effortless removal of growth...

Wolfman SB and BBS-1

My current #4/5:

Thanks for your response, but what is the RRss V1? I assume the RazoRock Slant Stealth, but the V1 I'm not sure of?

0 30
 04-09-2016, 08:29 PM
User Info
he means the first version released of the stealth slant. there have been a number of variations released.

16 660
 04-09-2016, 10:01 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Can't help you with the handles as I prefer lighter ones (the wooden Robert Quinn versions).

If I had to choose between the R1 and the Wolfman I would take the SB (the +0,74 gap but the standard one or the  +0,67 are also great). They are however both amazing shavers!

On a sidenote, the BBS-1 after having used it a few weeks is closing in on the Wolfman and ATT, takes a bit of getting used too but I'm now getting amazing shaves.

28 1,433
 04-10-2016, 09:55 AM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 06:01 PM)loubal Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 04:27 PM)ssultan Wrote: I own the ATT S1/S2 and have all three of their handles. I also own the WRI-SB/OC with WRH7 handle. There is no comparison in fit and finish, the wolfman is leagues ahead of anything ATT produces. The quality of the finish and the machining is impeccable. The Wolfy is also a bit more aggressive than the S1 and paired with a feather blade allows for a closer shave.

loubal, I didn't mention my #1 since it wasn't on topic. I've been spending a lot of time lately with a polished blackland razors blackbird DE. With a feather blade, it's been giving me very close, irritation free shaves. I've been enjoying it enough to pick up a back-up in case Shane ever decides to retire Smile

0 650
 04-10-2016, 09:57 AM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Snuff Wrote: Can't help you with the handles as I prefer lighter ones (the wooden Robert Quinn versions).

If I had to choose between the R1 and the Wolfman I would take the SB (the +0,74 gap but the standard one or the  +0,67 are also great). They are however both amazing shavers!

On a sidenote, the BBS-1 after having used it a few weeks is closing in on the Wolfman and ATT, takes a bit of getting used too but I'm now getting amazing shaves.

Snuff, I've seen that cool display shelf of yours and your amazing wolfman collection. Very drool worthy indeed! I, myself, have been dicing with the idea of sending one of mine to have the gap modified to see if it'll shave closer. Aside from the closeness issue which is more of a personal concern, James does an immaculate job with his razors. The pride he takes in his products is obvious the moment you hold one in your hands.

0 650
 04-10-2016, 06:52 PM
User Info
Thanks for all of your responses guys. They were very helpful.  I'd still love to know what SSULTAN's #1 modern DE is.

0 30
 04-10-2016, 07:12 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 07:47 PM)loubal Wrote:

Wolfman SB and BBS-1

My current #4/5:

Thanks for your response, but what is the RRss V1? I assume the RazoRock Slant Stealth, but the V1 I'm not sure of?

(04-09-2016, 08:29 PM)mastershake Wrote: he means the first version released of the stealth slant. there have been a number of variations released.

Correct - the first issue of the Stealth Slant is for me an amazing razor - especially on travels. It is my top autopilot razor. Subsequent issues (I tried V2 and the Stainless Steel) are nice, but for me not in the same league...

What as shame Joe never got around releasing them properly

7 882
 04-11-2016, 03:30 AM
User Info
(04-10-2016, 09:55 AM)ssultan Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 06:01 PM)loubal Wrote:

loubal, I didn't mention my #1 since it wasn't on topic. I've been spending a lot of time lately with a polished blackland razors blackbird DE. With a feather blade, it's been giving me very close, irritation free shaves. I've been enjoying it enough to pick up a back-up in case Shane ever decides to retire Smile

Thanks for sharing your favorite. Looks beautiful. Handle seems like it may be a bit slippery,  but I assume not since it's your favorite.

0 30
 04-26-2016, 03:44 AM
User Info

Wolfman SB and BBS-1

My current #4/5:

Nice choice. I use most of the time the Wolfman OC with WRH1 handle in bronze material. My no 2 razor is the mongoose with feather pro blades which makes it quite aggressive

0 66
 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM
User Info
(04-09-2016, 11:46 AM)loubal Wrote: Hello, I just picked up the ATT S1 with the Kronos handle.  I'd like a straight bar now and am trying to decide if, instead of staying with ATT, I'd get a wolfman straight bar.  My only issue is spending that kind of $ on a razor I don't end up liking. Would some of you guys mind giving me a comparison of the ATT Kronos vs Wolfman WRH1? And a comparison between the ATT R1 and Wolfman WR1SB. Thanks a lot guys

Where would you be obtaining this Wolfman?

I've had both and while I really did enjoy the S1, the Wolfman (0.67mm) is my go-to #1.  I'm test driving a couple of Aristocrats right now (#16 & #21), which are fantastic, but I'm sorta missing my Wolfman.  I used both an R1 and S1, neither one of which I own any longer, and if I did it all over again I would be just fine with only the S1.  IMO it's ATT's best razor.

9 329
 05-22-2016, 07:19 AM
User Info
Any ideas guys how long it takes to order an Wolfman razor head ? I'm interested in the open/close combo head Or the Close head.

Is it necessary also to buy one of their handles or i can use an ATT kronos or Atlas ?

Thanks for the inputs.

0 103
 05-22-2016, 07:41 AM
User Info
How long for a Wolfman? The technical answer is "indefinitely" since he's not taking new orders. However, he's stated he will begin taking new orders in 2016, so there's hope. Once ordered it can take a few months to receive the razor. 

An ATT handle will work with a Wolfman head.

9 329