04-14-2016, 05:49 PM
User Info
I just got this cream in yesterday and couldn't wait to shave with it, so here is my take on it.

Scent - it has a pleasant scent (I am terrible at describing scents) not to strong so it is probably good for most people and doesn't hang aound very long after the shave but I like something a little stronger.  I will say that it is a good thing if you are not wanting it to clash with your favorite aftershave.

Lather - as with most creams you only need about an almond size dollop in the brush to achieve a nice thick lather which didn't seem to dissipate

Slickness - I found it to be very slick, I was pleased with it

Closeness of Shave - I do a 3 pass shave with a clean up pass afterwards, I like that baby baby baby butt smooth feeling. This cream gave me a very close shave,  probably the closest I have had of any of the creams I have used so far.

Post Shave Feel - This Cream has alot of Soothing, calming and moisturinzing ingrediants.  it has Rhubarb which was used medicinaly with purfying and soothing properties and it also has Vitamin E in it.  My face feel so soft I can definitley feel the moistureizers in it.

Overall - Probably the best shave I have had with creams so far.  This just took over the #1 spot.

8 147
 04-14-2016, 06:12 PM
User Info
(04-14-2016, 05:49 PM)rkrmr Wrote:
I just got this cream in yesterday and couldn't wait to shave with it, so here is my take on it.

Scent - it has a pleasant scent (I am terrible at describing scents) not to strong so it is probably good for most people and doesn't hang aound very long after the shave but I like something a little stronger.  I will say that it is a good thing if you are not wanting it to clash with your favorite aftershave.

Lather - as with most creams you only need about an almond size dollop in the brush to achieve a nice thick lather which didn't seem to dissipate

Slickness - I found it to be very slick, I was pleased with it

Closeness of Shave - I do a 3 pass shave with a clean up pass afterwards, I like that baby baby baby butt smooth feeling. This cream gave me a very close shave,  probably the closest I have had of any of the creams I have used so far.

Post Shave Feel - This Cream has alot of Soothing, calming and moisturinzing ingrediants.  it has Rhubarb which was used medicinaly with purfying and soothing properties and it also has Vitamin E in it.  My face feel so soft I can definitley feel the moistureizers in it.

Overall - Probably the best shave I have had with creams so far.  This just took over the #1 spot.

Could you try to write in smaller letters ?

24 5,969
 04-14-2016, 06:18 PM
User Info
Well let me see>>>hmmmmmm since it bothers you that much I will give it a try.  I couldn't get the thing to do right everytime I did a preview it made some of them big and some small, I was lucky to get it this away.  Sorry that it bothered you so much.  By the way it was on number 2 of the letter size.

8 147
 04-14-2016, 06:19 PM
User Info
He is not been sarcastic, it is very small. Smile

61 3,796
 04-14-2016, 06:25 PM
User Info
First off I apologize, I thought he was saying it was being sarcastic saying it was too big.  On my Chrome base it looks bigger than it is so I looked at it on my other computer and you both are right and it is very small.  I will use a larger font next time keeping in mind that my main computer doesn't portray it correctly.  Again my humble apologies for the sarcastic response...please forgive me

8 147
 04-14-2016, 07:41 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Font size aside......I agree with you.  I Coloniali Rhubarb is a fantastic cream that is often overlooked.....the matching aftershave balm is equally excellent.

168 1,386
 04-14-2016, 09:15 PM
User Info
I will have to look into the balm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8 147
 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM
User Info
(04-14-2016, 07:41 PM)Steelman Wrote: I Coloniali Rhubarb is a fantastic cream that is often overlooked...
+1
It's been about 4 years since being (re)introduced in the US (though still not widely available).

0 489
 04-15-2016, 06:45 AM
User Info
Nice review.  Biggrin

It is a great performer, however I am a bit underwhelmed by the scent.  Not that it is bad, but as you stated it is not very strong.  Not a major problem as I Coloniali Rubarb Cream is in my regular rotation based on performance alone.

6 224
 02-08-2017, 08:04 AM
User Info
My absolute favorite shave cream!

8 192
 02-08-2017, 10:35 AM
User Info
(04-14-2016, 09:15 PM)rkrmr Wrote: I will have to look into the balm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I Coloniali balms and emulsion are excellent

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

2 83