04-16-2016, 11:32 PM
User Info
I have a tub of Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream to sell, it is at about 97%.  It retails for $43.99 + shipping Will sell for $39 Shipped CONUS only.  WITHDRAWN

[Image: xRhvdAc.jpg]
[Image: 4dwWubs.jpg]

8 147
 04-17-2016, 03:17 AM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
You can get this for $32 shipped at Luxury Barber, new.

17 549
 04-17-2016, 03:28 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(04-17-2016, 03:17 AM)Macko Wrote: You can get this for $32 shipped at Luxury Barber, new.

?????  It's sells at $43.99 at that website.

168 1,387
 04-17-2016, 03:42 AM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
(04-17-2016, 03:28 AM)Steelman Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 03:17 AM)Macko Wrote: You can get this for $32 shipped at Luxury Barber, new.

?????  It's sells at $43.99 at that website.

thru amazon

17 549
 04-17-2016, 05:57 AM
User Info
$32 shipped...Luxury Barber via amazon.
True enough.

39 3,920
 04-17-2016, 09:47 AM
User Info
It has come to my attention that I have grossly over priced this item and it was never my intention to do so and I apologize if it looked like I was trying to rip anyone off because that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Since I am a relative newbie to this forum and to wet shaving in general I would like to ask everyone's opinion on what it should be priced at fairly.  When I came up with the retail price I took the price from the sites that I am sure everyone is aware of, both of which shows the retail price at $43.99.

West Coast Shaving - http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Castle-F...p_991.html
Luxury Barber - http://www.luxurybarber.com/lavender-ess...ving-cream

I have seen the amazon listing for $32 shipped, but what I am confused about and I am just trying to understand and learn is why Luxury Barber would sell it for $43.99 on their own website and sell it for $32 shipped on Amazon.

I thank everyone in advance for their time in reading this and responding back to me.

8 147
 04-17-2016, 10:09 AM
User Info
(04-17-2016, 09:47 AM)rkrmr Wrote: I have seen the amazon listing for $32 shipped, but what I am confused about and I am just trying to understand and learn is why Luxury Barber would sell it for $43.99 on their own website and sell it for $32 shipped on Amazon.

One possible reason why they might sell it for a difference price on Amazon is to compete with other sellers on the Amazon marketplace. There's several sellers at $33.95, so perhaps Luxury Barber decided to price theirs below other sellers in order to get more exposure on Amazon. If there are dozens of sellers of the same item, Amazon will show you the lowest price first, and only 3-4 other similar-priced sellers in the sidebar.

I agree that it's confusing when the same store has several different prices; however, I think that most people don't even realize they are buying from Luxury Barber on Amazon. All they see is "Amazon".

More generally, it does suck when the going price for your items falls dramatically. That has happened with a number of times with wet shaving products as more and better competitors come out or when there's a sale going on. It kills re-sale value.

3 92
 04-17-2016, 10:14 AM
User Info
(04-17-2016, 10:09 AM)vadim Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 09:47 AM)rkrmr Wrote: I have seen the amazon listing for $32 shipped, but what I am confused about and I am just trying to understand and learn is why Luxury Barber would sell it for $43.99 on their own website and sell it for $32 shipped on Amazon.

One possible reason why they might sell it for a difference price on Amazon is to compete with other sellers on the Amazon marketplace. There's several sellers at $33.95, so perhaps Luxury Barber decided to price theirs below other sellers in order to get more exposure on Amazon. If there are dozens of sellers of the same item, Amazon will show you the lowest price first, and only 3-4 other similar-priced sellers in the sidebar.

I agree that it's confusing when the same store has several different prices; however, I think that most people don't even realize they are buying from Luxury Barber on Amazon. All they see is "Amazon".

More generally, it does suck when the going price for your items falls dramatically. That has happened with a number of times with wet shaving products as more and better competitors come out or when there's a sale going on. It kills re-sale value.

Yeah and for me I was just looking to sell something that I thought could get me a little closer to buying the new CRSW Soap and Bowl that I hear is amazing.

8 147
 04-17-2016, 11:28 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(04-17-2016, 09:47 AM)rkrmr Wrote: It has come to my attention that I have grossly over priced this item and it was never my intention to do so and I apologize if it looked like I was trying to rip anyone off because that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Since I am a relative newbie to this forum and to wet shaving in general I would like to ask everyone's opinion on what it should be priced at fairly.  When I came up with the retail price I took the price from the sites that I am sure everyone is aware of, both of which shows the retail price at $43.99.

West Coast Shaving - http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Castle-F...p_991.html
Luxury Barber - http://www.luxurybarber.com/lavender-ess...ving-cream

I have seen the amazon listing for $32 shipped, but what I am confused about and I am just trying to understand and learn is why Luxury Barber would sell it for $43.99 on their own website and sell it for $32 shipped on Amazon.

I thank everyone in advance for their time in reading this and responding back to me.

I did not see it either.  I admit, I am far from "internet savvy" so to the OP > don't feel bad.  Why they'd price it differently I'm not sure.  I can only speculate that it might be old or a re-stock item?  I don't know...just speculation.  But it sure is confusing.

168 1,387