04-17-2016, 09:54 AM
User Info
I appreciate the rules for listing items for sale on this forum, but I hope those with the power to make the rules would reconsider.  The concept of not making a profit amongst internet friends is pleasant and well intentioned, but not particularly useful if you want to acquire "hard to find" items.  Case in point is a Wolfman razor.  I would like to purchase one (not trade another valuable item for it), but rarely see them for sale on this forum since they have appreciated in price.  Again, I understand those with the power, choosing to protect me from myself, but I have plenty of money and would like to share it with someone that has a razor that I want to try.  I understand that people that are motivated by money (heaven forbid) should go to that Ebay place, but I like the camaraderie and general goodwill demonstrated on this site and would prefer to keep it in the family.  My post is intended to spur a conversation, not meant to insult anyone on this forum.

6 199
 04-17-2016, 10:39 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(04-17-2016, 09:54 AM)Never2Close Wrote: I appreciate the rules for listing items for sale on this forum, but I hope those with the power to make the rules would reconsider.  The concept of not making a profit amongst internet friends is pleasant and well intentioned, but not particularly useful if you want to acquire "hard to find" items.  Case in point is a Wolfman razor.  I would like to purchase one (not trade another valuable item for it), but rarely see them for sale on this forum since they have appreciated in price.  Again, I understand those with the power, choosing to protect me from myself, but I have plenty of money and would like to share it with someone that has a razor that I want to try.  I understand that people that are motivated by money (heaven forbid) should go to that Ebay place, but I like the camaraderie and general goodwill demonstrated on this site and would prefer to keep it in the family.  My post is intended to spur a conversation, not meant to insult anyone on this forum.
We have already had the discussion. There are no exceptions to the rule. It is the hard to get items that necessitated the rule in the first place. People were buying with the intention of flipping for a profit.

46 18,639
 04-17-2016, 11:29 AM
User Info
(04-17-2016, 09:54 AM)Never2Close Wrote: I appreciate the rules for listing items for sale on this forum, but I hope those with the power to make the rules would reconsider.  The concept of not making a profit amongst internet friends is pleasant and well intentioned, but not particularly useful if you want to acquire "hard to find" items.  Case in point is a Wolfman razor.  I would like to purchase one (not trade another valuable item for it), but rarely see them for sale on this forum since they have appreciated in price.  Again, I understand those with the power, choosing to protect me from myself, but I have plenty of money and would like to share it with someone that has a razor that I want to try.  I understand that people that are motivated by money (heaven forbid) should go to that Ebay place, but I like the camaraderie and general goodwill demonstrated on this site and would prefer to keep it in the family.  My post is intended to spur a conversation, not meant to insult anyone on this forum.

I do believe it would be under the rules to list a WTB thread. I have seen ppl state they don't mind paying a premium for what they are looking , even above rrecentpy  I'm  not entirely sure this is kosher or not but it has been done recently

28 777
 04-17-2016, 12:47 PM
User Info
(04-17-2016, 10:39 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
We have already had the discussion. There are no exceptions to the rule. It is the hard to get items that necessitated the rule in the first place. People were buying with the intention of flipping for a profit.

Several times over, as far as I recall... lets not have another one about it, since tempers tends to flare and people says things they might later regret.

3 4,684