07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
User Info
I know... I'm dabbling in the Dark Side again, after all this time of staying true to traditional wetshaving...

The Better Half uses the Sensor for her legs - despite my attempts to convert her to DE razors - and yesterday she ditched the old cartridge.So in the name of experimenting I decided to see if my recollection of using a cartridge razor was right - even at the risk of a horrible shave.

The result?

The Sensor with the two bladed Sensor Excel cartridge is a mild razor - which is good, since I needed four passes and some touch ups to get close to the DFS I get from two passes and no touch ups with my DE razors. Honestly Gillette; if this is supposed to be "the best a man can get" then I suggest you all hand in your man-cards.

It's half an hour since I finished my shave, and I'm already looking forward to areal shave with a DE razor...

On the upside, I got a much better result with the Sensor today than I ever got before I started traditional wetshaving - prep and technique must count for something.

3 3,557
 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
User Info
Biggrin

Too funny! "man cards"!

Hans, have you considered getting your wife a Lady Gillette so that you won't be tempted by the dark side anymore?

32 6,308
 07-22-2012, 10:19 PM
User Info
Trust me, it won't happen again Biggrin

I tried to get her interested in using a DE - but the best I gotten so far is that she'll let me shave her legs with one. She has started using real shaving soap and a brush though, so I guess that's something at least Tongue

3 3,557
 07-23-2012, 08:45 PM
User Info
Always good to experiment, i say. Now, you will not want to try that again, unless you forget. Hee hee.

75 20,883
 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
User Info
My wife told me she didn't want one, so for her birthday I just did the deed and got her one. It turned out that she really wanted one all along, but wouldn't say that she did. She quickly ditched the disposables and went to the LG. There was some fear of a "blade" involved, and din't want to use it around ankles and knees or some such, but now she completely phased out the disposables.

She's immune to YMMV, so she's using the blades that I really don't like at all.

32 6,308
 07-24-2012, 12:12 AM
User Info
My other half uses a DE. It's a cheap wilkinson Sword one.

I've been using my sensor excel on and off for the past 6 weeks in conjunction with the Razorpit and have been surprised but the results. It was close enough to look good and the comfort levels were brilliant. You could literally shave with your eyes closed.

I can see why men all over the world switched to cartridges.

7 1,179
 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
User Info
Using the Sensor have given me a horrible case of shave bumps... lessons learned - stay away!

3 3,557