04-19-2016, 08:06 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Up for grabs for Free-Ninety Free is a 2 band Shavemac custom in two band silvertip. I purchased this off a member whom I do not remember, and really don't feel like scouring back through paypal to figure out who it was because it is a moot point. We build a bridge and get over things, right? Flagging is the process where mechanical methods are used to fray and soften the tips of the badger hair, and I think someone was a tad overzealous in that process with this knot. To be quite honest, I'm not even 100% sure this is a Shavemac knot because it is so different than any other 2 band Shavemac which is quite known for consistency. Not a shedder, and makes lather no different that what your are likely using. Soft tips, mild scrub, and a stellar handle. 

I had this up for sale the other day and choose to withdraw it based on the fact that one would venture to say the tips were over-flagged in my opinion during the knot making process. After speaking with one of our fine members here about what I felt some of the brush issues were with the brush- it dawned on me that if I were to perpetuate my dissatisfaction with this by selling it, I am no better than the next person offing something that I myself wouldn't be happy to own. We are here as brothers and friends. This is why this place was started. 

Stipulations: I feel the brush is perfectly acceptable for a newbie starting out that would like to experience 2 band hair that is far better than the Tweezerman or low end badger you picked up at Target or Amazon. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You can't afford the $50 to get a decent 2 band brush. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You are a new member with <50 posts here and still don't know what the heck sense to make of all the types and styles of brushes. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You have exhibited a genuine interest and gentlemanly attitude here so far. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You have made the effort to post in the "Introductions" section of the  site. I want this brush to go into the hands of that guy. Share your interest here, I will decide by days end who I will send the brush to.

[Image: tgaL6Lv.jpg]
[Image: WIuJqGq.jpg]
[Image: yntcdG8.jpg]

143 1,983
 04-19-2016, 08:10 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(04-19-2016, 08:06 AM)Shanman Wrote: Up for grabs for Free-Ninety Free is a 2 band Shavemac custom in two band silvertip. I purchased this off a member whom I do not remember, and really don't feel like scouring back through paypal to figure out who it was because it is a moot point. We build a bridge and get over things, right? Flagging is the process where mechanical methods are used to fray and soften the tips of the badger hair, and I think someone was a tad overzealous in that process with this knot. To be quite honest, I'm not even 100% sure this is a Shavemac knot because it is so different than any other 2 band Shavemac which is quite known for consistency. Not a shedder, and makes lather no different that what your are likely using. Soft tips, mild scrub, and a stellar handle. 

I had this up for sale the other day and choose to withdraw it based on the fact that one would venture to say the tips were over-flagged in my opinion during the knot making process. After speaking with one of our fine members here about what I felt some of the brush issues were with the brush- it dawned on me that if I were to perpetuate my dissatisfaction with this by selling it, I am no better than the next person offing something that I myself wouldn't be happy to own. We are here as brothers and friends. This is why this place was started. 

Stipulations: I feel the brush is perfectly acceptable for a newbie starting out that would like to experience 2 band hair that is far better than the Tweezerman or low end badger you picked up at Target or Amazon. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You can't afford the $50 to get a decent 2 band brush. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You are a new member with less than 50 posts here and don't know what the heck sense to make of all the types and styles of brushes. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You have exhibited a genuine interest and gentlemanly attitude here so far. I want this to go into the hands of that guy. You have made the effort to post in the "Introductions" section of the  site. I want this brush to go into the hands of that guy. Share your interest here, I will decide by days end who I will send the brush to.
Kudos for making a fine PIF.

57 1,561
 04-19-2016, 08:10 AM
User Info
Of all the times to wish I were a newbie! Awesome PIF.

43 207
 04-19-2016, 08:25 AM
User Info
Great PIF, Jeff! Thumbsup

82 21,056
 04-19-2016, 08:26 AM
User Info
Very nice Shanman. I think you should also PIF your Rooney Heritage Beehive. Make it a Beehive PIF week.  Thumbup

27 396
 04-19-2016, 08:27 AM
  • pc4406
  • Vintage Shearer
  • San Francisco
User Info
Well done, Jeff.

72 300
 04-19-2016, 08:30 AM
User Info
Good on you Jeff, someone will be very lucky to receive this generous gift!

80 947
 04-19-2016, 08:33 AM
User Info
Very well played sir

4 78
 04-19-2016, 08:42 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Very nice offer! Well done, sir!

49 1,938
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
Solid move! Kudos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 860
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Very generous!  Kudos!

Eric

46 930
 04-19-2016, 08:43 AM
User Info
Great move Jeff.

48 5,707
 04-19-2016, 08:44 AM
User Info
Nice pif, Sir. The winner will be very happy, I'm sure if it.

37 404
 04-19-2016, 08:46 AM
User Info
Obviously not in but wanted to say awesome PIF! Good on you Shanman! Good luck to all those that are in!

147 3,459
 04-19-2016, 08:49 AM
User Info
Nice move.  Not in.

0 168
 04-19-2016, 08:51 AM
User Info
Great member here on TSN!

24 698
 04-19-2016, 08:51 AM
User Info
Excellent! I am newish to wet shaving, but bought a similar brush recently. I hope this goes to a new home soon! Great gesture.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3 328
 04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
User Info
Im in if you dont mind. Wow that is too kind. You know its people like you that make newbies like me feel so welcome and that you really do want to help out. As we all know this is a wonderful hobby and it makes something that some men have to do far more enjoyable, but that doesnt mean its easy at the begining. If it wasnt for this site and shaving sites in general i would have probably went back to cartridges cause i had somevvery rough shaves. But reading all the advice, new and old, has really helped me develop and now i get some dfs alot of the times. Im constantly learning something everyday. That brush is just beautiful, but your right, 2 band morre expensive. But i would love to have one just like most people. So if you dont mind, i would like to be in. You about to make someone very happy.
Thanks

0 87
 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM
User Info
Generous pif , always makes me feel good to be amongst great individuals here.

59 1,406
 04-19-2016, 09:28 AM
User Info
Awesome PIF. Not in. Kudos to you for doing this.

15 162