04-23-2016, 12:20 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Take remaining two brushes and the L'Homme Shaving Soap Set for $75 shipped!

Doing a little Spring cleaning and have decided to let these items go from my collection.  Prices include paypal and US shipping. More pictures available upon request.  Please no low ball offers, but I will be happy to offer a small discount for multiple items.  I'm not looking for any trades at this time.

[Image: 8r9YFUS.jpg]
[Image: luw4Da7.jpg][Image: 9y7fONl.jpg]
On left:  Vintage L'Homme Shaving Soap, made by Scottish Fine Soaps, one new 75g puck and another which has been used about a dozen times.  This is a tallow first soap with a very light clean scent.  It lathers well and is very stable, unlike the modern SFS offering. Included is a modern SFS ceramic dish in gift box.  There is a very small chip on the base of the ceramic bowl.  $35 NOW $30

On right: Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna 350g Shaving Bowl.  This thing is huge and was on display at one of the NYC stores.  It is dated 1993 on the bottom and somehow still has the fabulous scent.  Although I never got the nerve to lather this unused giant soap, I have used other C&E from this period and they lather fabulously.  The bowl measures six inches across and two inches deep (without lid), this is the equivalent to 3.5 normal sized pucks and would likely last over a year of continued usage.  The bowl shows some minor wear and the soap itself is a little discolored around the rim.  A very rare soap and collector's piece.  $125 SOLD

[Image: UdU98Kj.jpg]
[Image: zM1OVMP.jpg][Image: 8ZuVcK5.jpg][Image: VLb5VzO.jpg]
From L to R:

Muhle Rein Dachs Butterscotch over Transparent Red (18x45mm knot) - Very good condition which has lost an occasional hair and a very pleasant "Pure Badger" experience.  I found the brush scrubby with just a hint of scritch.  Comes in a nice plastic travel container.  $40 now $30

Made Rite 1500L Lucite (22 x 60mm knot) - This was one of the top of the line brushes from Made-Rite and competes favorably with modern Kent, Shavemac and other high-end Silvertips.  There is some internal defects which add to the vintage look but the knot and handle are both in very fine condition.  The knot is very soft and about as close to floppy as I would care to use, but it face lathered Cade soap (triple milled) just fine the last time I used it this week.  $40 now $30 SOLD

Victoria Rein Dachs Butterscotch over Transparent Amber (20 x 50mm knot) - This one I hesitate most to sell, but with nearly 150 brushes in the cabinet and cases something has to go.  The knot is a great combination of moderate backbone and soft tips, very similar to vintage English brushes in my collection.  The handle is an absolute work of art and other than the faded label has no defects.  $55 now $45

Please feel free to ask any questions or PM me to purchase.

144 2,752
 04-24-2016, 05:33 PM
User Info
Beautiful Victoria brush Dave! GLWTS!

23 632
 04-24-2016, 06:08 PM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Now I see why you're the Butterscotch Bandit!  LoL.  Cool brushes!  GLWTS!

48 976
 04-24-2016, 07:40 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Thank you gentlemen!

Crabtree has been sold

144 2,752
 04-25-2016, 06:56 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Added the rest of the pictures, individual item pictures can be taken if needed.

144 2,752
 04-26-2016, 07:21 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Prices reduced

144 2,752
 04-26-2016, 12:08 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA