04-26-2016, 01:36 PM
User Info
I picked this one up recently from ebay. It's from Fuller Brush Co and I've seen a few of these restored before and liked the look. 

The condition wasn't too bad when I got it. No really deep scratches and the top wasn't split other than one small area which I knew I'd get rid of when I widened the opening. It had an 20mm knot which I believe was Boar. I widened the opening to accept a 24mm Boar that I picked up from Aceshaving on Ebay. The knot arrived within 10 days and I have to say, it looked pretty good. It does have a fairly large glue bump above the base so I needed to widen the handle just a little more.

Sanded out the major marks and carefully removed a little from the bottom part of the handle to bring out the swirl pattern in the Catalin. Removed the old knot and shelf and the handle is hollow. Built a new shelf out of a Quarter and a cork. Final polish with plastic polish and set the knot with silicone. I normally use epoxy with boar knots but thought I'd try silicone which I've been using for years with Badger knots. 

Before and after photo's![Image: Hdb7u8M.jpg][Image: ekzosdW.jpg][Image: aG4FpDE.jpg][Image: VKPbN7F.jpg]

10 130
 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM
User Info
Lovely work and enjoy the brush! Thumbsup

83 21,081
 04-27-2016, 07:13 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Very nice! Good job!

4 2,767
 04-27-2016, 07:39 AM
User Info
Great work I just love this kind of thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Paul Bryan

0 748