04-28-2016, 03:56 PM
  • Cobre
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Hello Gents,

I am looking to buy a Romera rustic chubby brush, I would prefer a large knot, at least 26mm. I am in Canada but I have a CONUS address as well.

Thank you.

This is the one I am looking for:

[Image: YmTCfXK.jpg]

8 158
 04-28-2016, 04:08 PM
User Info
FYI, there's a couple in stock on the official webpage right now.

8 1,210
 04-28-2016, 06:20 PM
User Info
FYI.....

Before you order an "in stock" brush, please contact Gustavo to insure the brush you will be receiving is the actual brush pictured. In my last dealing with Gustavo, I insisted that he send me pictures of the brush he would be sending me due to past quality control issues. In the pictures he sent, the handle did not have a knot and the color/finish was different than the "in stock" brush. It did not match the picture of the "in stock" brush in any manner. Needless to say, I cancelled the order. He refunded the cost.  However, I was still the charged shipping cost.

I have a Rustic Chubby (Briar Wood) and a La Dame (Bubinga) which are excellent in both fit and finish and have the wonderful Romera knot. With creams, the knots are smooth as butter. I would love to order another but am not sure I would receive the brush pictured.

Just a thought.

Ed

22 764
 04-28-2016, 06:59 PM
  • Cobre
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Thanks guys. I did hear about the inconsistencies when ordering directly. This is why I thought I would check here first to see if anyone has one that they want to sell

8 158
 04-28-2016, 08:35 PM
User Info
Ed, I had a similar experience. The handle matches the pictures, the knot doesn't. Initially I was very disappointed but in my case the difference wasn't entirely bad for me and while it is not ideal way to do business I kept it and really like it. I used it today and its a champ lathering Meissner Tremonia.

Here are a couple of pics of mine and the announced pic. 

[Image: tz1sDrI.jpg]

[Image: 80laHqN.jpg]

Carlos, I hope you don't mind the conversation in the middle of your WTB. At least it gets you some traffic Wink Good luck!

8 1,210
 04-29-2016, 05:34 AM
  • Cobre
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
No problem at all Smile

"Carlos, I hope you don't mind the conversation in the middle of your WTB. At least it gets you some traffic Wink Good luck!"

8 158
 05-04-2016, 05:29 AM
  • Cobre
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I have found one, thank you!

8 158