04-29-2016, 04:45 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
......to get vintage brushes re-lettered? I'm referring to an EverReady and perhaps an old Made-Rite. I don't trust my old unsteady hand.
Thanks in advance.

7 2,328
 04-30-2016, 04:09 PM
User Info
It's really a rather simple do it yourself project.  There are a few variations but basically clean the lettering with a brush to get any soap residue out, buy a paint pen in the color of your choosing and run the pen over the letters.  Some people will then squeegee off the excess paint, some let it dry and then buff or polish off the excess.  You can repeat if you think you need to but that's really all there is to it.  

You can use Testers model paint or really any paint, paint pens are just easier for me.  No brush to clean.

10 130
 05-01-2016, 09:21 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Well, two problems or reasons I don't want to do it. One, as stated my hand ain't quite steady enough and two there's no to little trace of the original lettering left so I'm assuming that someone who has more experience at it may know where it goes and how it should look. I was originally thinking of Gary from whom I purchased the brushes but it appears he doesn't hang around here anymore and I've lost his email address.

7 2,328