04-30-2016, 12:55 PM
User Info
After having all but one of the de razors I want and while I'm waiting for my unicorn of a razors wait list to open, I have become increasingly interested in finding a good se razor. I know YMMV for most but I've limited it down to a few

One blade - not a big fan of having to modify the blades every time I shave (I only use blades once) and I hate not being able to try different blades

Cobra classic - because I'm looking for smooth not aggressive.

Mongoose- unsure what to think about this one.

The general - looks like it's pretty nice but I've only seen one person review it.

Others I haven't looked at????

Fellowship of cold water shavers

5 164
 04-30-2016, 01:06 PM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
King Cobra.  Simply awesome shaver!

49 990
 04-30-2016, 02:20 PM
User Info
I just don't think it's possible to get smoother or safer than a OneBlade with a Feather blade.

Did you say you only use blades once? I think you might have your answer...

Keep in mind though, all SE's have limited blade choice. If you go with a vintage SE, you're pretty much limited to the GEM, and the Cobras and Mongoose only have Feather's and Kai's (with different levels of blade exposure).

You might want to pick up a cheap vintage like a 1912 too, won't break the bank... Or get on the OneBlade pass around here on TSN. Also, both OneBlade and ATT's new SE to be released shortly have 30 day money back guarantees. Nothing to lose there...

2 308
 04-30-2016, 02:48 PM
User Info
(04-30-2016, 02:20 PM)Len Wrote: I just don't think it's possible to get smoother or safer than a OneBlade with a Feather blade.

Did you say you only use blades once? I think you might have your answer...

Keep in mind though, all SE's have limited blade choice. If you go with a vintage SE, you're pretty much limited to the GEM, and the Cobras and Mongoose only have Feather's and Kai's (with different levels of blade exposure).

You might want to pick up a cheap vintage like a 1912 too, won't break the bank... Or get on the OneBlade pass around here on TSN. Also, both OneBlade and ATT's new SE to be released shortly have 30 day money back guarantees. Nothing to lose there...

Wow, thank you so much for the information. I'll have to check out the att se. I mostly use the att r1 while waiting for the wolfman list to open so the se version may be the way to go for now. There is a great member that is going to lend me his king cobra abs mongoose for a test drive so I'll definitely be able to get a better idea as to what I'm looking for.

5 164
 04-30-2016, 04:11 PM
User Info
I singed up for the General's waiting list, wanting to give modern SE's another chance. I already have a bunch of different blades on hand to partner it up with, and it's the least expensive way of experimenting.

29 1,776
 05-05-2016, 07:52 PM
User Info
The general does look interesting, but so does the ATT upcoming one, and I've heard rumors that Wolfman is designing one. Plenty of options to try.

3 335
 05-07-2016, 09:39 AM
  • Journeyman
  • The Present (when I'm lucky)
User Info
This more than a rumor. James has a newsletter you can sign up for on his website. He confirmed in his newsletter than he is making an SE.

18 279