04-30-2016, 09:55 PM
User Info
I have several nibs but nothing to hold them as I write with a dip pen. 

Does anyone get a stick from a tree and carve the end of it so it will hold a nib?

1 400
 05-08-2016, 05:36 PM
User Info
Those several nibs which I mentioned are all fine or maybe finer. By several I mean six. 

My friend Dave came to my apartment with a nib holder which a son of his made. It's wood and it's impressive. 

Those nibs which I mentioned above were not good . They were too fine.

But I have two other nibs. I got one of these nibs to work. But I'm still not happy and must keep experimenting.

1 400
 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Hi.  Writing with a dip pen is a very different experience than using a fountain pen.  Even more than a fountain pen, much depends on the holder, the nib, and, especially, the paper.  What paper are you writing on?  How much pressure are you using while writing (this is not a ballpoint, which does need pressure to perform).  Use just enough pressure (almost none) for the ink to transfer to the paper.  Finally, what is the ink you are using?  Some inks will work better than others; some write wetter and others drier.

I hope these tips help and if you already knew about them then I truly apologize.  Please continue to post as to how you are getting along.  Also, feel free to PM me with questions and I shall do my best to help.

By the way, where in Ohio is home for you?  I used to live in Toledo. Smile

2 11,211
 07-10-2016, 09:44 PM
User Info
I'm from Cincinnati. 

The ink is blue. It must be large enough for the pen to enter. So I use an ink well which is big enough. 

I use this pen only for sending charity money. 

I'm not a good writer on this computer, so I'm ending this because my neck bothers me.

1 400
 07-11-2016, 03:53 AM
User Info
Always good to see someone else from the Cincinnati area Duck Creek!

4 465
 07-11-2016, 10:00 PM
User Info
Wrong wordss

1 400