05-03-2016, 09:14 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
The Department of Redundancy Department has struck again!  I have a couple of brushes which are near duplicates of others in the collection and with the cabinet and display cases packed full I need some room.  There are zero problems with these brushes, I am the original owner and both have been very lightly used.  Prices include paypal fees and US shipping, international buyers welcome if willing to pay actual shipping/insurance fees.

[Image: AKcpR6B.jpg][Image: qXMrhZq.jpg][Image: l9zzyFJ.jpg][Image: vy5E8Lp.jpg]

On the left:  Taylor of Old Bond Street RT2S Super Badger (24mm x 50mm) aka Rooney Style 1 Size 2 - I purchased this brush a few years ago, when Rooney was still in full production.  Unfortunately the relationship between TOBS and Rooney is no longer active and all their brushes are currently made by Vulfix.  This fan shaped knot has medium backbone and has some curled tips providing a very soft face feel.  When the brush dries the tips stick together and form spikes as shown in the first two pictures.  The faux ivory stripe handle is gorgeous and the original model sticker is still partially intact.  I do have the original box which will be included.  $95 SOLD!

On the right: D.R. Harris Super (25mm x 50mm) aka Rooney Stubby 2 - This is a recent find and one that is really tough to let go due to it's rarity.  I believe this may be a prototype or early model as all the D.R. Harris brush by Rooney are labeled Best Badger (even though they are silvertip).  I picked this up as an old display model from a New York tobacconist and they told me it had been there since the 90s.  The backbone is medium-firm and while not as soft as the TOBS brush at the tips, it is not scritchy but rather a bit scrubby.  Whatever you want to call it this is a very usable collector's piece.  $125 SOLD!

139 2,676
 05-03-2016, 09:51 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
TOBS Sold!

139 2,676
 05-03-2016, 11:09 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA