07-25-2012, 09:11 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Hi everyone!

Many of you may remember me from other forms. I’m the owner, soapmaker from Prairie Creations. My store isn’t open just yet, but I’m getting ready to re-open soon.

The last year and a half I needed to take time off for me and my family. I cared for my dying mother for two months. A month after I lost my mum to cancer I came down with a couple of blood clots. In looking for the reason why I got those blood clots they found a spot on my pancreas. After many tests and whatnot trying to figure out what that spot was it was determined that it had to come out and they knew what it was via biopsy. I never thought I would have cancer before it hit 40 but I did. But I got lucky and it was the slower growing, lesser aggressive more rare type, and the kind that took Steve Jobs from this earth. But still just as deadly if not treated and even then many don’t make it. But it was also found by accident before it had a chance to spread. Recovery was LONG and PAINFUL. It also included a life flight (it wasn’t safe for me to travel by ground) trip back to Rochester which delayed my recovery. After everything that I went through it triggered fibromyalgia so that alone has prevented me from returning to work sooner. It’s hard to accomplish anything when your whole body hurts! I was barely keeping up with my family let alone business demands. But I changed how I eat and began exercising more and that has made the world of a difference for me. I still have bad days, but I'm having a lot more good days than bad so that's a plus in my book. At least I'm alive and ready to get back to life!

So thanks for understanding that I needed to take time off to take care of ME for a while. But I have really missed all of you!

It’s good to be back and see so many friends that I have lost touch when my life got so crazy that I needed to put everything on hold.

Krissy

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Hi Krissy! Welcome to The Shave Nook. This is a fantastic site and we look forward to your input. I hope you are now on the fast track to good health. Again, welcome. Smile

2 11,211
 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thanks again Freddy, it's GOOD to be BACK!!!!!!!!

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:20 AM
User Info
Hello and wlcome, Krissy. We've missed you. I'm glad you're doing better now.

184 12,003
 07-25-2012, 09:23 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thank you John, it was a long long road, but i'm just glad to be alive and have a second chance at life. It's funny how you view the world when your in that position.

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
Hi Krissy! I am so glad to hear that you've grabbed the big C by the, ahem, and showed it who's boss.

I hope your recovery continues to improve exponentially.

Welcome back!

9 408
 07-25-2012, 09:29 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Welcome Krissy to The Shave Nook. I am extremely happy your feeling better and look forward to the re-opening of your store.

100 12,444
 07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thanks Justin! I'm just glad it was one fight that I did win! I was with my mom when took her last breath and know how horrible cancer is first hand.

Thanks Jerry, it's so good to be back. Once I gain vendor status look for updates!

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:37 AM
User Info
Krissy,
I don't know you, but I'm a big North Dakota fan. Go out there each year for bird hunting with my brother and a close friend and our dogs.

Looking forward to trying your soaps.

oake

5 298
 07-25-2012, 09:38 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Oake what part of North Dakota do you get to?

I live in Cando which is north of Devils Lake.

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Hello Krissy...I am glad to see you here and glad to hear that your recovery is going well. I hope you feel 100% shortly.

Welcome to the Nook!

45 16,345
 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thanks Phil !!!!! It's good to be back. I think i will always have to live with some days of pain. But eating more natural and less processed foods and more raw foods along with exercise is helping a lot.

7 405
 07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Krissy, welcome to The Shave Nook. But more important than that, welcome to the recovery side of cancer. I hope you stay in remission until you reach 101.

Take it slow and easy, your fan base awaits.

173 23,538
 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I've read much about your products and am glad you are back and doing well! Welcome!

35 1,732
 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Welcome Aboard the Nook!

I am pretty new to hanging in shaving forums, and have made TSN my shaving forum home. Nice to meet you Krissy, and continued good health to you! Angel

9 1,684
 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thanks Johnny. My surgeon in Rochester is hopeful that it won't return. So I will have to have routine CT scans to make sure for the next five years.

Thank you Anthony, it's good to be back!

It's nice to meet you as well James. I've heard many AWESOME things about this forum from Freddy. So I have no doubt it's one of the best.

7 405
 07-25-2012, 10:01 AM
User Info
Welcome to the Shave Nook, Krissy and good luck with your journey.

75 20,883
 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM
User Info
Yeah Baby! [Image: 53.gif] [Image: 53.gif] [Image: 53.gif]
Great hearing from you Krissy. I know things were pretty tough there for quite a while.

Now where is my soap? (just kidding, just kidding).Biggrin

2 546
 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Thanks celestino, i'll see you around the forum!

LOL Bob, right after i get Freddy's made! and thanks it's good to be back.

7 405
 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM
User Info
I've hunted the Jamestown area where the wife has some relatives and for several years we rented a place in Ellendale. This year we've got a couple cabins that are, I think, pretty close to Devils Lake. Don't have the address handy, but am pretty sure it's not too far from there.
oake

(07-25-2012, 09:38 AM)krissy Wrote: Oake what part of North Dakota do you get to?

I live in Cando which is north of Devils Lake.

5 298