05-08-2016, 07:43 AM
User Info
I have my first injector on the way, courtesy of Nick, and while the the NOS comes with two blades I think I'll need more.

Never really looked into injector blades before, but there seems to be the choice between Schick (chrome & PTFE coated stainless) and Personna (PTFE coated stainless). The later is much cheaper at about a quarter of the price per blade, but I known some cheap DE blades to be pretty rough...

So for those who uses an injector; what blades you prefer and why?

3 4,512
 05-08-2016, 08:45 AM
User Info
I haven't found as much of a disparity between injector blade makers than those of DE blade makers but most of my experience with Personna have been rebranded for medical use (like the Ted Pellas). The only Personnas for normal commercial use I've seen here are called "hair shaper" blades and I've found the Schicks to be fine enough not to try those hair shaper blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 1,505
 05-08-2016, 10:50 AM
User Info
I prefer NOS Schick Plus Platinums and Personna 74s tungstens because they're much sharper and smoother than modern blades like the Chinese Schicks (Chicks) and Pellas, and more consistent in those qualities. Since NOS prices can be off-putting and availability is hit or miss, and the Pella plastic dispenser can sometimes mis-load, the best current choice remains the Chicks. Those are available pretty much everywhere -- with the proviso that there may be the odd German-made version still floating around somewhere in someone's inventory (they're awful). The only way to check that is by reading the fine print on the back of the box for country of origin. But odds are in your favor.

29 1,776
 05-08-2016, 10:51 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Hans I have used the Schick as they are sold at the local drug store. I have also started trimming down the Artist club type blades and have been getting smoother shaves. The Kai Mild and Feather Pro have been my favorites. They last 6-8 shaves. I plan to try the Personna in the future.

59 4,503
 05-10-2016, 09:26 AM
User Info
Thank you for your though gents - I know I'll end up buying as many different sorts of injector-blades as possible, but it's always good to have a base to build on Smile

3 4,512
 05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hans, a few days ago I received a Ted Pella package with 20 injector blades. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm already in the second and last vintage Schick that comes with the razor. I had 9 enjoyable shaves with a day of growth with the first vintage Schick Super Chromium. I guess I'll use the Ted Pella for the first time in a week. But, it would be very nice if I could find more vintage NOS injector blades except those two that come with the razor.

49 1,999
 05-13-2016, 01:21 PM
User Info
I don't like the Personna blades personally. They're milder and more comfortable, but not as close. For me the Schicks are sharp, almost unbearably so for the first 1-2 shaves. After that they settle into a very pleasant compromise of closeness and comfort.

16 1,027
 06-01-2016, 07:38 AM
User Info
Any more thought on the blades?

I have just ordered the Personna and Schick injector blades..

can anyone help with regards to cleaning the razor after shaving, for example I have a thick wire like beard and with de razor I usually have to clean the razor thoroughly during and after shaving. How would that work with a Schick injector that doesnt have the leaver functionality to rinse?

Thanks

1 213
 06-01-2016, 08:24 AM
User Info
I ordered 20 Personnas and 3x7 Schicks... the former is way cheaper, and if they work as well I'm likely to stick with those. I haven't gotten around to actually shaving with either yet, since I'm more away from home than in my own den for a few weeks - but I will report in when I've formed an opinion.

3 4,512
 06-01-2016, 08:44 AM
User Info
Thanks WegianWarrior,

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them.

Mine should hopefully arrive by the end of the week.

1 213
 06-01-2016, 03:59 PM
User Info
I can get the Chicks at my grocery store.

I've purchased others but the plastic magazines suck. The metal Chick ones are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 372
 09-10-2016, 06:22 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....the plastic dispensers are simply horrible.......

...................the part that pushes the blade into razor passes over the blade and will not insert the blade into razor......
...........so frustrating.....

46 1,066
 10-09-2016, 07:14 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I've gone back and forth between the Personna/Pellas and the Chicks in both my in-rotation razors. No doubt about it, I prefer the Chicks to the Personnas. The Chicks load easier for me, and are for my face, smoother and more efficient.

If anyone is interested in trying the Personnas I've got at least half a dispenser's worth (probably more) available to PIF. Send a PM.

7 2,164
 10-09-2016, 07:25 AM
User Info
So far I don't have a favourite - they both works for me Smile

3 4,512
 10-09-2016, 08:36 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Schick blades perform slightly better for me.

49 1,999
 10-09-2016, 11:10 AM
User Info
I'm with Hans. F.E. I prefer Personnas for Schick I-1 and Schicks for PALs.

8 1,130
 11-08-2016, 10:17 AM
User Info
Im a fan of the chicks. 
I even managed to find them at a drug store about 3 hours north of the twin cities in the middle of nowhere.

0 57
 11-08-2016, 10:58 AM
User Info
Personna all day for me.  Sharp, smooth, cheap and made in the USA.  What more could you want?

0 31