07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So whats a super happy photo pif photo contest thing,... well its a photo contest of course

HOW IT WORKS

1. you submit a photo of a shave nature to my email, james.ajaxmazda@gmail.com do not post photos in here as we want this to be anonymous (that way i can play too)

2. once we have everyones photos, we post a new thread with a poll for all members to vote on for a week

3. winner gets a prize,.... now heres the fun part !

so i have a travel box out i loaded a tonne of stuff into, so what do you pif when your low on stuff to pif and dont want to buy new stuff, well you pif other peoples things of course ! lol

so winner gets the goods, and the guys who didnt win send out something, yup if you dont win you have to send the winner something, one thing doesnt have to be big, a pack of blades, a brand new bentley totally up to you, its just for fun so nothing that would make you uncomfortable

so if we get ten guys to play then the winner will have 9 packages in the mail !

so to enter you must be willing to send something out to anyone else who enters, no conus only here, worldwide is how this one is playing out

so grab a photo and email it out,

THE DATES

ill leave the photo portion up until monday night at midnight, eastern time

then open the voting period for one week after that, being the following monday at midnight

and we will see who gets the goods

its okay to post your in as long as you dont tell which photo is yours !

What do you think ?

Oh and feel free to,

ask questions either here, or in a PM

let me know if you think this is just the greatest idea youve ever heard of, or if you must let me know what a boob i am lol all are entertaining, mix both in there if you would like

ill get back to you as soon as i can, and most importantly have fun !

On the suggestions of some experienced members i should make one thing clear guys, this is about some great pics, and having fun with one another, not about the reward, its just a catalyst for some braggin' rights to the others lol, dont spend any money any old thing you have around the den is what we are looking for, if you know what you want to donate up feel free to say so, i would love for new members to join in too and dont want anyone to feel left out becuase they dont think they have anything nice, it really doesnt matter

if you dont wish to let people know you are in the contest till after it is over let me know in Email what you would like to pif and ill post it anonymously on your behalf, and as always remember Aftershaves have alcohol and can not go in the post to all countries so be cautious of that one !

for my PIF ill add a nice sized chunk of Klar Kabbinet about a Inch to inch.5 lol cutt off my second brick here !

And we already have our first photo, and man that was fast i havent even had a chance to think about mine !, thanks for that one anonymous patron ! its fantastic

3 748
 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
User Info
Syngent.....GREAT IDEA Brother!!!

Very nice pif and a great idea...I love this idea!! Great way to get everyone in the game, and hopefully get some great photos!!!

0 66
 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Man I hope so, if I end up with just two pics imma feel so bad for the only two other people who were excited about this lol

3 748
 07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I really like that idea! I would say there are at least 10 who have great pics day in and day out who should get in on this. Howler comes to mind off the top of my head. Did everyone see his SOTD from a couple days ago with the wanted poster? It was very creative.

45 3,955
 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Yeah there is some mighty fine pictures that go into the SOTD, maybe we can encourage some new people to take some pics here,

how about you Travis you must have a camera, hop on in

3 748
 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Only two entrees so far, would love to know if others intend on joining in the game as well even if your going to take your pictures during the weekend

3 748
 07-26-2012, 04:38 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I would really love to participate,but as an admin I have to restrain,but I invite people to join the contest!I really wanna see those pics.

86 7,123
 07-26-2012, 07:45 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
(07-26-2012, 04:38 PM)Teiste Wrote: I would really love to participate,but as an admin I have to restrain,but I invite people to join the contest!I really wanna see those pics.

well its not really a PIF, i certainly would look the other way Teiste

3 748
 07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
James, it was decided among the administrators and moderators that it would not be appropriate for us to join in anything like a PIF, contest, etc. because we want to avoid any conflict of interest. Personally, I think yours is a great idea and I hope it gains traction. Thumbsup

2 11,211
 07-27-2012, 02:43 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Me too am a little worried about it at the moment lol c'mon weekenders

3 748
 07-28-2012, 05:51 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Come on guys i need more pictures, where is the photo taking community ?

3 748
 07-28-2012, 09:23 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
alright a new player has added himself to the game, a few more and we will have something going

3 748
 07-29-2012, 12:56 PM
User Info
James, looking forward to see the pics for this one. Hope it continues to build a following.

29 1,731
 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
There is three of us so far great photos but we could use more

3 748
 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Okay so I'm going to post the pics tonight all three of them Sad lol I would have thought more people be into this but that's okay us three can have some fun and one person can win a couple of prizes

3 748
 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Well its been a fun ride, i can say that i was pure alum, as if yall didnt know,.... came in a very respectable 3rd place lmao, but who were our other two players,

would boar vs. cobra please cmon down

how about you get em young time to reveal who you are

thanks to those two for playing, and everyone for voting, except freddy who abused his super mod powers to vote for all three ! lmao j/k thanks to you as well

3 748
 08-07-2012, 05:21 AM
User Info
Cobra and boar was i. Not the best pic, gents, sorry. i just sent it to James quickly to participate in the contest as he needed some pics. Congrats on the effort, James.

75 20,883
 08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
was a fine effort celestino thanks for playing

3 748
 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM
User Info
Start Em Young was mine...it's our little 5y old guy, with his semi-weekly shave.

he uses whatever brush he likes on on hand, his own fat handle gillette Tech and whatever cream/soap smells good that night.

i just got back from an extra long w/end of camping, so wasn't able to see the voting during that time

thanks for the contest syngent...it was lot of fun.

8 2,718
 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Congratulation Bruce on a job well done,

PM me your address so i can get your bounty in the post in the next few days (probably thursday) and thanks for playing too lol

without you and Celestino, i would have had nothing but to laugh at myself here although im sure that would have increased my chances of winning by at least half

3 748