07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
User Info
PowerPoint is yesterdays news. Prezi is basically a new, fresh and innovatve way to present.
From the website; "Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software that opens up a new world between whiteboards and slides. The zoomable canvas makes it fun to explore ideas and the connections between them. The result: visually captivating presentations that lead your audience down a path of discovery".

I am tasked with building presentations often for work to show clients. Prezi is my new best friend. I discovered it this morning, and havent left my computer all day. Anyone else have experience with it?

9 333
 07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That would have been a good tool for me seven years ago, but since retirement I have no need to do presentations.

173 23,486
 07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Ehh.... I have played with it some. I like how so many people in education are trying to push it; however, in order to have an account, the user has to be older than my students are. And yet, I know my daughter used it last year in school and has an account even though she was a year younger than my students. so, maybe I just read something wrong or they changed something. All my stuff is already in Smart Notebook anyway (I use Smart brand student remotes) so it is a pain to switch to another presentation software.

0 253
 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
User Info
Wow, Noah, technology sure moves fast for me. i have never heard of Prezi. i thought it was, originally, a food of some sorts or snacks. Hee hee. i try to limit my knowledge of technology to the basics. Good thing i can type and log into my computer so i can chat with everyone, here.

75 20,883
 07-26-2012, 02:34 AM
User Info
I have a prezi account and have used it a few times. Over the last dozen years, I have had to give and sit in on hundreds of PowerPoint presentations and nothing kills a meeting as swiftly. No other business tool competes with ppt in its soul killing effectiveness.

It's my theory that if ppt disappeared overnight; if we just woke up and the code was simply gone from everyone's computer that productivity across all industries would increase an average of 25 to 30%.

Prezi can be much more dynamic as a presentation tool as well as creative and entertaining. Unfortunately, there's real resistance to what is so obviously a superior product. I am convinced that most of us corporate wage slave types are scared of using something different in a traditional business setting.

Chicagotrim, if you're replacing ppts with Prezi's, then in my opinion you're making the world a better place. Can you tell us what the reaction of your co-workers are to the prezis? I'm curious.

5 298