05-13-2016, 01:59 PM
User Info
I normally now use Myursol Emulsion as my favourite preshave along with the 3 GFT Skin foods.

But a Gent on the forums adviced to give the thinner liquidy Myrsol Antesol a try as a pre shave.

I have now used it for my last 4-5 shaves and can report back that it's quite amazing stuff.

Especially if you use it during the hotter months of the year or live in a warm climate.

In fact I used it for today shave, where I was pressed for time and used this:

Gillette Fusion Power Pro shield plastic crappy handle, pro shield blade has been used 5 times + Sanex shaving gel

Took 3-4 minutes to wet my face and head (I'm a head shaver too) and massage the Myrsol Antesol thoroughly in.
Then shaved 2 days stubble away in 15-20 minutes in 2 passes with touch ups for a DFS.
(When I take my time, a shave normally takes me 45 minutes to an hour, all in all head + face shaved)

I finger strop the Pro shield cart frequently during the shave to remove the build up inside the cart. Worked pretty well.

I think a lot of the shavers, that had trouble using a cart and a can of goo for shaving would benefit from using a proper pre shave product and also improve the shave if they finger stropped the cart during the shave (I probably finger strop the cart 12-15 times during the head+face shave)

All in all I got a DFS out of it.

Woould I prefer to use a soap/cream and brush and razor with a better feél and quality handle, most certainly !
Could I live fine for the rest of my life with the speed shave I just got, most definitely !

And I think the quality of the shave for the most part is because of the Myrsol Antesol pre shave splash.

24 5,969
 05-14-2016, 06:14 PM
User Info
I've got a couple of their aftershaves and they are fantastic. I know they list Antesol as a pre and post shave. Nice to hear somebody has not only tried it but had success with it as well.

10 86
 05-14-2016, 06:45 PM
User Info
I've used Antesol as a pre-shave and had great shaves with it. Then again, I get great shaves without it as well, and in all honesty i have no idea if it had any effect. My typical routine does not involve a pre-shave. But what I did like, was the smooth menthol cooling that Antesol brings, which slowly fades away as you lather up. Quite enjoyable, especially in the warmer months.

40 1,166
 05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
I got emulsion can try it as a pre shave today. Guess I have to buy antesol soon !

10 376
 05-15-2016, 05:05 AM
User Info
Antesol is King!

1 1,451