05-14-2016, 05:49 PM
User Info
I've had a Pal Adjustable Injector Razor for some years, which I had not been using for want of good blades.  
I recently took it out of retirement to try with cut-down-to-size Feather AC Pro's, and the results were excellent.  
I had never tried the Schick Adjustable however, and wanted to see how they compared, so I bought one on eBay.  
Fitted with the same blades, I shaved one side of my face with the Pal, and the other with the Schick, both on their most aggressive settings.  
The Pal cleared my stubble in 2 easy passes, and the Schick took 3+ to do the same job, with no nicks or abrasions from either one.  
These are the razors that I used.

Roy

[Image: nFSAYa9.jpg]

10 177
 05-14-2016, 06:16 PM
User Info
Your assessment is correct. The Schick blades are sharper than the PAL aka Ted Pella blades. The PAL adjuster is more aggressive than the Schick adjustable.

5 267
 05-14-2016, 07:42 PM
User Info
(05-14-2016, 06:16 PM)Red Rider Wrote: Your assessment is correct. The Schick blades are sharper than the PAL aka Ted Pella blades. The PAL adjuster is more aggressive than the Schick adjustable.
I did not use Schick blades for my experiment.  I didn't have any on hand.
Instead I used Feather AC Pro's, which I cut down to injector blade size, using a vice-grip and a pair of snips.  
I understand that Chinese Schick blades are superior to Personna blades, and I may try them someday, when I run out of Feathers.  
Though I doubt that they'll be as sharp or long lasting as Feather Artist Club Professionals. 

10 177
 05-20-2016, 10:12 AM
User Info
(05-14-2016, 05:49 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: I've had a Pal Adjustable Injector Razor for some years, which I had not been using for want of good blades.  
I recently took it out of retirement to try with cut-down-to-size Feather AC Pro's, and the results were excellent.  
I had never tried the Schick Adjustable however, and wanted to see how they compared, so I bought one on eBay.  
Fitted with the same blades, I shaved one side of my face with the Pal, and the other with the Schick, both on their most aggressive settings.  
The Pal cleared my stubble in 2 easy passes, and the Schick took 3+ to do the same job, with no nicks or abrasions from either one.  
These are the razors that I used.

Roy

[Image: nFSAYa9.jpg]

I picked up a really nice Pal adjustable years ago. The adjustment mechanism worked (some don't). PIF'd if off...I found the handle tough to grip, being triangular.

I do appreciate my Schick adjustable. Just scored another one for $10 in a case at an antique store.

Both good...I prefer the Schick. Chicks over Pella.

20 346