05-15-2016, 08:52 PM
User Info
The wiki of another well known forum shows the same photo of a Fat Handle Tech, yet has two different designations and total weights (39.5 grams vs. 59.5 grams).  This is new to me.  One refers to a "Heavy Tech" and the other a "Fat Handle Tech".  Are they not the same thing?  I thought they were.  Were there two different Fat Handle Techs? I know about the little aluminum handled Brit variants and flat bottoms, hybrids and all that.  I'm talking about the regular Pre-War Triangle Slot Fat Handle Tech.

1 227
 05-15-2016, 09:16 PM
User Info
After more research, it appears it may just be the wrong photo, as the 59.5 - 60 gram Tech has the solid ball end handle.  Unless some one else knows about a factory stock un-weighted 60 gram Fat Handle Tech.

1 227
 05-16-2016, 08:28 AM
User Info
(05-15-2016, 08:52 PM)Laird Wrote: The wiki of another well known forum shows the same photo of a Fat Handle Tech, yet has two different designations and total weights (39.5 grams vs. 59.5 grams).  This is new to me.  One refers to a "Heavy Tech" and the other a "Fat Handle Tech".  Are they not the same thing?  I thought they were.  Were there two different Fat Handle Techs? I know about the little aluminum handled Brit variants and flat bottoms, hybrids and all that.  I'm talking about the regular Pre-War Triangle Slot Fat Handle Tech.

There are a bunch of variations.

The common Fat Handle, sometimes called the Heavy Tech has a closed end at the bottom of the handle.

I have another one that looks the same, except the bottom is open - you can see daylight through when it's not on a head. It's still Fat, but it's not Heavy.

If you push me, I'll get out my scale and weigh them.

4 180