05-21-2016, 10:52 AM
User Info
I have owned all the v2 Mühle 23 mm and 25 mm Silvertip Fibre Synthetics and found them too springy.

Much prefer my trusty high end badgers.

BUT a Gent told me this on paper is a 23 mm Silvertip Fibre, but in reality feels softer and far less springy than the regular Mühle v2 STF do ?

Anyone with experience and opinions regarding this ?

Have a 25% bonus left in a shop, that will run out 1.st of June and see they have the Mühle 70.th STF v2 23 mm brush.

24 5,850
 05-21-2016, 11:19 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I have used both 23mm and 25mm, and greatly prefer the 23mm. I sold or traded both XLs. Keep in mind that I generally prefer larger badger brushes, but I found the 25mm to have too much backbone. The 23mm is still quite springy, to be honest, but not as much as the XL.

22 824
 05-21-2016, 12:37 PM
User Info
I found that I prefered the Muhle Black Fibre over the STF v2s. I use to like the 25mm STF but it is almost chubby like, very dense and hard to splay. The 23mm needed more loft or less bulb shape. You practically needed to press down to the bottom of the to get it to splay or lather on the chin and then you could achieve the blooming effect. I prefer a floppy Plisson over any synthetic though.

79 1,298
 05-21-2016, 01:17 PM
User Info
Gents, I ask if anyone, who owns or has owned the Mühle 70.th STF v2 brush can testify if the STF fibes in it feels different than the regular Mühle STV v2 brushes !

I already know all about the regular Mühle STF v2 23 and 25 mm brushes, and while I did at one point actually think they were on to something and on the verge of replacing the badgers in my den, I quickly found out, that I just did not fancy the elasticity and springyness of the brushes, when I really tried to face lather deep with them. If I didn't go 'deep', I had trouble creating the lather, a problem the Plisson fibre doesn't seem to have, because the fibres are much softer and kind of floppy, unless they are densely packed like in the Stirling Kong and the likes of that brush.

What I was told by a user of the Mühle 70.th STF brush is that it feels differently on the face, than the Mühle STF v2 23 mm brushes does, less springy, softer and spreads out easier.

So I reach out to the owners of the Mühle 70.th STF brush - how do you feel about the brush ?

24 5,850
 05-21-2016, 08:01 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Claus, I owned the Silver Tip Muhle 70th brush, so I can't comment on the STF v2 23mm knot, but I can share my experience with the handle... IT'S DAMN HEAVY!!! Too heavy for my tastes.

99 18,011
 05-21-2016, 08:57 PM
User Info
It is indeed a heavy brush...

21 607