05-22-2016, 02:08 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Gents, a little help please?

I've been loving the shaves from my 2 Schick G types. Although there is one cosmetic difference I can detect, they seem to shave equally. I will photograph them this evening...

But my question is, how can I take the blade out short of injecting another one? Don't want to mess with the spring. I'd like to clean them thoroughly and display them sans blade.

4 1,922
 05-22-2016, 04:37 PM
User Info
You could always insert a new blade half way in, then remove both blades. Shy

82 21,056
 05-22-2016, 05:36 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
(05-22-2016, 04:37 PM)celestino Wrote: You could always insert a new blade half way in, then remove both blades. Shy

Yep, that's the easy way I have used a very small screwdriver to contact the edge of the blade, and push it out.
But Celestino's idea is safer and easier.

2 1,683
 05-22-2016, 06:37 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Sounds good. Thanks, fellas.

4 1,922
 05-22-2016, 08:09 PM
User Info
Why would you want to do that? Injector razors are designed to load a blade with a blade already in the razor. To this end new razors always came with a copper blade blank installed. There should always be a blade in an injector razor. The used blade holds the base plate and top cap apart so the new blade slides in smoothly.

Trying to load a blade into an injector without a blade already in it is difficult to do without dragging the edge of the blade across the blade stop and ruining the edge. In fact, recommended best practice when loading a blade without one already in the razor (for example, an eBay purchase) is to waste a blade. Load one into the razor and immediately load a second, discarding the first blade.

--Bob

0 185
 05-23-2016, 02:17 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Bob, what you say makes good sense. Thanks for the heads up.

4 1,922