05-24-2016, 08:56 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I just escape keyed my way to freedom from one of those inane news articles with an even more inane precursor advertisement that had nothing to do with the title. It was another slide show of today's F. Scott Fitzgerald rich and famous and their conspicuous consumption  and demands. Phil and our artisans need to collaborate on items so rarified even Limited Edition is  'for the little people dear'. I'm talking pure platinum razors from Wolfman, Paladin brushes with handles turned from blackened La Brea Tar Pit sabre toothed cat incisors and soap containing a guaranteed % of Lavonia recovered from Titanic and scented with melted Baltic Amber by Brutalt Bra. I'm talking  fellow celebrity endorsements with utterly no connection or clue to what they are promoting; Duck Dynasty, Miley Cyrus and Dennis Rodman. Fold out ads in those magazines with nothing but fold out ads of high end watches and furniture boutiques or Gentleman's Quarterly with the previous 3 gentlemen in tuxs shaving. And finally, most important; I'm talking ridiculous price tags  That equal a family of five's yearly income.  Naturally, we would donate 1% to their favorite charity saving the planet.

2 3,171
 05-25-2016, 02:16 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Ah, the cult of celebrity, which proves that you can fool most of the people most of the time.  Never underestimate the gullibility of the masses.

7 934
 05-25-2016, 05:44 AM
User Info
Funny because I celebrity endorsements do nothing for me.  Reminds me of a line from the Simpson's about celebrity endorsements.

Bart: How could you, Krusty? I'd never lend my name to an inferior product.

Krusty the Clown: [loud sobbing] Oh! They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!

I just remember the price of the good has to incorporate the cost of the smiling face staring back from those pages.

4 475
 05-25-2016, 07:50 AM
User Info
I just look at the damn Bret Favre shaving ads and have my chuckle for the day. Don't think he ever shaved in his entire career.

76 1,331
 05-25-2016, 08:05 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I was mad and half zonked last night. Years ago I bought a premium sleeping bag for a famous environmeddler activist/ sex symbol of us treehugging save the whale guys and gals.
I was supposed to have lunch with her during a book tour. I show up and three beefcake bodyguards block me as a certain Thespian with aspirations of social gravitas took her
arm with a sexually charged smile to a booth. I briefly thought of the 6.5 1903 Mannlicher in the car trunk, but opted to yell a humiliating anectdote as everyone looked up.
Last night I ended my internet day reading how he bought a $17,500 purse for Mother's Day  before jetting home in a private plane from Cannes.

2 3,171
 07-04-2016, 09:41 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
(05-24-2016, 08:56 PM)kav Wrote: "...Paladin brushes with handles turned from blackened La Brea Tar Pit sabre toothed cat incisors and soap containing a guaranteed % of Lavonia recovered from Titanic and scented with melted Baltic Amber by Brutalt Bra."

hahaaa.... I just read this.  Freakin' hilarious kav.  I guess the people that find it most funny are those of us who live near the tar pits... LaBrea, that is.  Biggrin

129 320