05-29-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
I have the OneBlade razor and it is a fine razor with an excellent well thought out design. I can get nice shaves with it but I find it to be very mild. When I do 2 passes with just about any other razor I will have some stubble left over but not much. With the OneBlade I definitely have more stubble left after 2 passes than I do with other razors. And I do not have a very heavy beard.
Does anyone else find it to be very mild?

5 1,562
 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM
User Info
It just requires a different technique. When I used it the same as my more aggressive razors I noticed exactly what you are describing. I then changed my technique to utilize its mildness. Now I get closer and longer lasting shaves than ever while also being the most comfortable shaves of my life. 

Work with its mildness, not against it.

31 8,058
 05-29-2016, 04:14 PM
User Info
I would say it is mild (as in safe), but efficient. I maybe unlike most here, but I can achieve BBS super close results with 1 AGT pass with touch-ups. As a point of comparison, my Wolfman is more aggressive, but less efficient. I can get the same 1 pass AGT with touch-ups, BBS super close results... but the touch-ups with the Wolfman require a lot more work and time, with more risk of blood.

I don't have one, but if you are coming from a razor like the Mongoose or Cobra with the longer blades, the OneBlade might take more work due to the thinner blades, or perhaps even an extra pass if you are used to 2 passes.

2 308
 05-29-2016, 04:15 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-29-2016, 04:00 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I have the OneBlade razor and it is a fine razor with an excellent well thought out design. I can get nice shaves with it but I find it to be very mild. When I do 2 passes with just about any other razor I will have some stubble left over but not much. With the OneBlade I definitely have more stubble left after 2 passes than I do with other razors. And I do not have a very heavy beard.
Does anyone else find it to be very mild?
Yup...which is why I no longer own it.

46 18,625
 05-29-2016, 04:24 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
Too mild for me but I did appreciate the design and build quality.

80 469
 05-29-2016, 04:29 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-29-2016, 04:24 PM)lfs70 Wrote: Too mild for me but I did appreciate the design and build quality.

Ditto

46 18,625
 05-29-2016, 04:32 PM
User Info
I love this razor.  A despined GEM blade makes it more robust, however I get fantastic results with the Feather blade as well.  The GEM allows for a more aggressive 2nd pass approach, leaving very little to clean up for me.  

Riding the pivot, this is the most comfortable razor I've tried.  This is particularly noticeable on my troublesome neck.

192 1,588
 05-29-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
Good observations.  I find it to be about as mild as my Feather AS-D2.  And equally as efficient.  I probably do a little more touch ups with the OB, but overall get a better shave with no real worries about nicks or irritation.

0 177
 05-29-2016, 05:27 PM
User Info
(05-29-2016, 04:32 PM)waveflow Wrote: I love this razor.  A despined GEM blade makes it more robust, however I get fantastic results with the Feather blade as well.  The GEM allows for a more aggressive 2nd pass approach, leaving very little to clean up for me.  

Riding the pivot, this is the most comfortable razor I've tried.  This is particularly noticeable on my troublesome neck.

Ride The Pivot  Trademarked by Dave!

31 8,058
 05-29-2016, 06:53 PM
User Info
(05-29-2016, 05:27 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Ride The Pivot  Trademarked by Dave!

Ah, yes.  One of the big realizations along my learning curve.  

I sold my first One Blade for 3 reasons.  I was using it like a fixed head, didn't like the head size under my nose and wasn't able to get a good 2 pass shave, especially under my chin.

After picking up a second I found that using / riding the pivot on any and all facial curves took the shave to another level.  I learned how to handle my nose with a variety of East / West strokes and nose contortions.  The under chin efficiency is fixed using a GEM (more ROBUST ... trademarked by Brian!), or one extra pass with the Feather.  That extra pass on my chin and neck is a small price for an otherwise superior shave.

192 1,588
 05-29-2016, 07:13 PM
User Info
Help me out here. When you guys refer to "riding the pivot" do you apply more pressure to force the pivot into action? I don't feel the pivot doing anything. Like Dave said, I am using it like a fixed head razor. I don't understand how I am suppose to use the pivot.

5 1,562
 05-29-2016, 07:37 PM
User Info
(05-29-2016, 07:13 PM)shave/brush Wrote: Help me out here. When you guys refer to "riding the pivot" do you apply more pressure to force the pivot into action? I don't feel the pivot doing anything. Like Dave said, I am using it like a fixed head razor. I don't understand how I am suppose to use the pivot.

I would say yes, but phrased as keeping the head flat. I have never gotten bitten by the One Blade, and find that as long as the head is flat i am safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192 1,588
 05-30-2016, 04:43 AM
User Info
I found it to be mild and inefficient on 2 day growth. The Feather blades are nice but too expensive to make it a daily driver. I will probably sell my OneBlade to make room for other razors.

5 160
 05-30-2016, 04:51 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I also think that it's a mild razor, but efficient with a day of growth. So far, I had some great shaves.

The only negative is the blades. They last about 3 shaves, which makes them expensive for what they are. Another thing is that there is no vendor that sell them in my country.

49 2,017
 05-30-2016, 05:00 AM
User Info
Finely crafted razor for sure.

Too mild for what I prefer so it didn't stay long.

I kept mine for a few weeks and sold.

82 2,249
 05-30-2016, 06:27 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
For me the best razor I have owned. I seldom use my other razors. Mine the pivot was a stiff at first and didn't move . Use your hand and bend the head back a few times to streach the spring in the pivot. once it starts working and you have the correct angle you will probably fall in love with it.

70 1,098
 05-30-2016, 06:32 AM
User Info
I currently have the razor on the OneBlade tour and did my first shave last night.  Best shave I've every gotten, and quite frankly was amazed.  Will see how it goes as the week progresses.

13 524
 05-30-2016, 07:10 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I too found it very mild.  I shaved with it 3 times, then switched to my ATT SE1, and then went back to it with a new blade for 3 more shaves for comparison sake.  For me  I would liken the one blade after three passes, to using a cartridge for one pass. An okay shave, but no where near bbs.  Clearly a product that is ymmv.

49 639
 05-30-2016, 08:06 AM
  • Monchoon
  • Saskatoon, Canada
User Info
(05-30-2016, 05:00 AM)Skinny Rogers Wrote: Finely crafted razor for sure.

Too mild for what I prefer so it didn't stay long.

I kept mine for a few weeks and sold.

Signs011 This is my thought exactly.  I did post on another forum what I thought and this sums it up. 

Also I have a light beard and what I did notice that even a new feather pulls and tugs, does anyone else get this?

3 48
 05-30-2016, 08:39 AM
User Info
The OneBlade has become my razor of choice. It gives me the best, smoothest, irritation free shaves out of all my razors. I don't have any problems with the Feather blade tugging no matter how many shaves I have on it.

0 5