05-30-2016, 08:56 AM
User Info
I have updated my website with three new shaving soaps for the summer:  Lavender Lime with menthol, Pompelmo e Fiori (Grapefruit and Flowers), and Raspberry Lemon.  The first is a repeat of one I did last year, but with the addition of menthol for the summer - I didn't intend for it to be mind-numbingly mentholated, just a good but not overwhelming cooling sensation.  It's essential oil only and has the same amount of menthol as Prospect Creek, without the peppermint oil.

Pompelmo e Fiori...I've been on Skype a lot these days giving my son in Sardinia a hand translating Italian into English for work and I think that's influencing my naming of products...anyway, this is an addition  that I've been meaning to make to my citrus scents, and was a suggestion from one of the gentlemen here who noticed how well his floral soap blended with a grapefruit scented cream...the grapefruit fragrance in this pairing is definitely stronger, with the lily of the valley flowers scent barely there in the background.

The third scent is a lot of fun, and the credit goes to Windsor Citrus for suggesting the blend - he described it as mostly raspberry, supported by lemon, grounded with Haitian vetiver and with a hint of leather.  It manages to be fruity without being overly sweet and I think it's an intriguing scent - I find myself stopping to sniff it every time I walk by the curing racks.  I look forward to hearing what you think of it, too.

All three of these incorporate a chelating ingredient which will, I hope, make them easier to lather in hard water, and all have lanolin.

I hope everybody has a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

0 272
 05-30-2016, 09:56 AM
User Info
Hurra!

18 642
 05-30-2016, 11:14 AM
User Info
I hope you all enjoy the Raspberry Lemon Smile 

Grapefruit sounds good to, I will be picking that up soon.

4 642
 05-30-2016, 04:07 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Hands down one of the very best soaps I've tried. The ONLY issue is; I have hard water and lathering can be difficult for me. Luckily the resident MW expert (Celestino) gave me some pointers. 

A chelating agent that helps lathering in hard water?!?!?!?! This sounds like right up my alley!! 

Any plans on adding this agent to your other soaps?

72 1,225
 05-30-2016, 07:44 PM
User Info
Gabe, she is going to be adding it to all of her other scents, very soon.  Shy

82 21,056
 05-30-2016, 08:20 PM
User Info
(05-30-2016, 07:44 PM)celestino Wrote: Gabe, she is going to be adding it to all of her other scents, very soon.  Shy

Was waiting for Celestino to publish the news.
Now I can say that I will soon place my order for 16 Mystic Water soap pucks in the new formula and new containers

24 5,842
 05-30-2016, 08:38 PM
User Info
(05-30-2016, 07:44 PM)celestino Wrote: Gabe, she is going to be adding it to all of her other scents, very soon.  Shy

With recent purchase today I now will have over 20 MW soaps and will need to rebuy everything with the new formula.  Ughhhh but yeahhhhhh!!!

192 1,588
 05-30-2016, 11:40 PM
User Info
(05-30-2016, 08:38 PM)waveflow Wrote:

With recent purchase today I now will have over 20 MW soaps and will need to rebuy everything with the new formula.  Ughhhh but yeahhhhhh!!!

I feel inadequate with my 16 soaps now

24 5,842
 06-01-2016, 04:19 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info

Somehow I knew you would know. Biggrin Thanks Celestino

72 1,225
 06-01-2016, 04:49 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-30-2016, 08:56 AM)Mystic Water Wrote: I have updated my website with three new shaving soaps for the summer . . .

I seem to be reaching the end of a love affair . . .

[Image: lUQ4dUo.jpg]
(That — about the diameter of a quarter but not as thick as a quarter — is all that remains of my beloved puck of Bergamot, Cedarwood, & Juniper.)

Obviously, while being well taken care of by my still fresh puck of MW Brown Windsor, I shall need to order more Mystic Water shaving soap soon.  I have been holding out for the release of the Non Bisonte ma Bufala Milk shaving soap (ah, mozzarella!), but the Raspberry Lemon sounds interesting in the meantime.  Question:  does that scent attract bees or yellow jackets to faces shaven with it?  We have a lot of them around our house.

0 1,049
 06-01-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
I'm in for that Lavender Lime! Order inSmile

55 923
 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM
User Info
Don't be sad. I can have all your soaps, if you wish.  Biggrin

13 1,313
 06-03-2016, 03:50 AM
User Info
I am back on the MW bandwagon : )

After hit or miss experiences with lathering, and no patience at all to try to get it right I stopped using MW soaps.  Which bummed me out because the fragrances from MW are without equal, and when I nailed the lather the performance was awesome.

I had no idea until this morning that there is a change in formula with the new offerings which I ordered samples of : )  and I have pucks of Bay Rum and Lilac ordered as well because life has no meaning without those fragrances in the den lol

Can't wait to be back on board with MW

6 223
 06-03-2016, 04:05 AM
User Info
Newton not to burst your bubble because I think this is great but I am not sure she has started adding the new formula to her range yet (only the three new ones) this will happen over time. It might be worth asking Michelle so you are not disappointed!

4 642
 06-03-2016, 04:19 AM
User Info
I would like to try these new scents, but Portuguese Customs are very sensible... Confused

13 1,313
 06-03-2016, 04:48 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(05-30-2016, 11:14 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: I hope you all enjoy the Raspberry Lemon Smile 
Raspberry Lemon is wonderful and will become one of my favorite summer soaps. I thank you and Michelle.

38 5,031
 06-03-2016, 05:01 AM
User Info
(06-03-2016, 04:05 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Newton not to burst your bubble because I think this is great but I am not sure she has started adding the new formula to her range yet (only the three new ones) this will happen over time. It might be worth asking Michelle so you are not disappointed!

Not a problem.  I placed my order with no idea there had been a formula change, so I wasn't expecting it.  Honestly, I think my issues with lather inconsistency in the past was me not being patient enough to work with the product.  I would nail the lather one day, and miss entirely the next day, which tells me it was a technique issue and not a product issue.

Thanks for the heads up : )

6 223
 06-03-2016, 05:59 AM
User Info
Excellent news I didn't want you to be disappointed again. Good luck with the soaps this time round I hope you enjoy them. Any lather issues speak to Celestino or Merkur Man. Smile

4 642
 06-03-2016, 07:59 AM
User Info
(06-03-2016, 05:01 AM)Newton Wrote: Not a problem.  I placed my order with no idea there had been a formula change, so I wasn't expecting it.  Honestly, I think my issues with lather inconsistency in the past was me not being patient enough to work with the product.  I would nail the lather one day, and miss entirely the next day, which tells me it was a technique issue and not a product issue.

Thanks for the heads up : )

Good luck with the soap and just be a bit more patient and tranquil while generating the lather. I am sure you'll become consistent with it every time you use it. Thumbsup

82 21,056
 06-03-2016, 08:11 AM
User Info
(05-30-2016, 08:56 AM)Mystic Water Wrote: I have updated my website with three new shaving soaps for the summer:  Lavender Lime with menthol, Pompelmo e Fiori (Grapefruit and Flowers), and Raspberry Lemon.  The first is a repeat of one I did last year, but with the addition of menthol for the summer - I didn't intend for it to be mind-numbingly mentholated, just a good but not overwhelming cooling sensation.  It's essential oil only and has the same amount of menthol as Prospect Creek, without the peppermint oil.

Pompelmo e Fiori...I've been on Skype a lot these days giving my son in Sardinia a hand translating Italian into English for work and I think that's influencing my naming of products...anyway, this is an addition  that I've been meaning to make to my citrus scents, and was a suggestion from one of the gentlemen here who noticed how well his floral soap blended with a grapefruit scented cream...the grapefruit fragrance in this pairing is definitely stronger, with the lily of the valley flowers scent barely there in the background.

The third scent is a lot of fun, and the credit goes to Windsor Citrus for suggesting the blend - he described it as mostly raspberry, supported by lemon, grounded with Haitian vetiver and with a hint of leather.  It manages to be fruity without being overly sweet and I think it's an intriguing scent - I find myself stopping to sniff it every time I walk by the curing racks.  I look forward to hearing what you think of it, too.

All three of these incorporate a chelating ingredient which will, I hope, make them easier to lather in hard water, and all have lanolin.

I hope everybody has a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

Congratulations on the new releases Michelle, each sounds wonderful! If you don't mind, I am curious to know which formulation you decided to go with from your samples for the new soaps?

73 2,199