06-04-2016, 03:32 PM
User Info
Hi Guys

Would you guys know whether this is really a silvertip badger brush or its just a badger brush or a combo of the two:

http://www.amazon.com/C-Cherry-Wood-Shav...B00FEND640

Does anyone own this brush ? how is it ?

Thanks in advance.

0 103
 06-04-2016, 03:38 PM
User Info
(06-04-2016, 03:32 PM)capri Wrote: Hi Guys

Would you guys know whether this is really a silvertip badger brush or its just a badger brush or a combo of the two:

Thanks in advance.

It's one of the best value badger brushes you can get, if you like 2-band, backbone and soft tips.
Just a great brush. No matter the price. But it's very fairly priced.

I don't believe they call it silvertip - just 2-band super.

But there are no rules, the manufacturers can call ti what they want..
if they wated to call this Platin-Gold-Silvertip badger, they could.

No badger brush inspection police will come after them  Biggrin

24 5,840
 06-04-2016, 04:34 PM
User Info
@capri I've own the Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood and is not Silvertip the hair grade is Finest Badger as Best Badger, keep in mind those is scritchy after you use it about 10 or 15 times either hand or bowl lather the tip will soften up some hair will started to curl (more) and therefore feel more "gel" tips.

0 171
 06-04-2016, 06:10 PM
User Info
(06-04-2016, 04:34 PM)SpeedyPC Wrote: @capri I've own the Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood and is not Silvertip the hair grade is Finest Badger as Best Badger, keep in mind those is scritchy after you use it about 10 or 15 times either hand or bowl lather the tip will soften up some hair will started to curl (more) and therefore feel more "gel" tips.

This is the first I've heard of a soc being called gel-tipped. From my research when I as contemplating buying one , there were quite a bit of review saying it was scritchy. It seems the newer batches may have softer tips though. The hair used as stated above is finest which is a 2 band silvertip hair. 
This brush can also be bought cheaper I believe, from European vendors. One place to check out if I remember right was giftsandcare.com

26 761
 06-04-2016, 06:12 PM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(06-04-2016, 03:38 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 03:32 PM)capri Wrote: Hi Guys

Thanks in advance.

It's one of the best value badger brushes you can get, if you like 2-band, backbone and soft tips.
Just a great brush. No matter the price. But it's very fairly priced.

I don't believe they call it silvertip - just 2-band super.

But there are no rules, the manufacturers can call ti what they want..
if they wated to call this Platin-Gold-Silvertip badger, they could.

No badger brush inspection police will come after them  Biggrin

Exactly.

If you look it up on different vendors sites it is referred to by many different names as far as the type of badger knot it is. That said, I own and use one and can only agree that it is a very good value for the money if you like a nice 2 band badger. I enjoy face lathering and the soft tips and good backbone are exactly what I want in brush.

0 1,694
 06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
User Info
thanks for the inputs guys, thanks !

how does this SOC badger compare w/ the silver tip brushes  like this semogue:

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Semogue-..._1515.html

Thank you!

0 103
 06-04-2016, 10:05 PM
User Info
@capri the Semogue 730HD silvertip is softer than the SOC 2-band which mean you can use it straight away and their is no scritchy at all and the backbone is not as good as the SOC 2-band, however the knot is 22mm and the loft is 57mm which will be to much splaying or maybe too floppy during face lathering with a silvertip you can use this as a bowl lathering without issue.

You might want to get a Semogue Special Edition 2013 the knot is 24mm and the loft is 48mm and is a silvertip would a better option for face lathering.
Click for a Semogue Special Edition 2013

0 171
 06-04-2016, 10:20 PM
User Info
(06-04-2016, 10:05 PM)SpeedyPC Wrote: @capri the Semogue 730HD silvertip is softer than the SOC 2-band which mean you can use it straight away and their is no scritchy at all and the backbone is not as good as the SOC 2-band, however the knot is 22mm and the loft is 57mm which will be to much splaying or maybe too floppy during face lathering with a silvertip you can use this as a bowl lathering without issue.

Thanks for clarification.... i'd better wait for my SOC2 band ...

0 103
 06-05-2016, 02:52 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(06-04-2016, 06:10 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 04:34 PM)SpeedyPC Wrote: @capri I've own the Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood and is not Silvertip the hair grade is Finest Badger as Best Badger, keep in mind those is scritchy after you use it about 10 or 15 times either hand or bowl lather the tip will soften up some hair will started to curl (more) and therefore feel more "gel" tips.

This is the first I've heard of a soc being called gel-tipped. From my research when I as contemplating buying one , there were quite a bit of review saying it was scritchy. It seems the newer batches may have softer tips though. The hair used as stated above is finest which is a 2 band silvertip hair. 
This brush can also be bought cheaper I believe, from European vendors. One place to check out if I remember right was giftsandcare.com

+1 on giftsandcare.com.  I just read an awesome review about his customer ervice on this forum. Plus if you are in the states, its cheaper than amazon. $58 plus shipping

72 1,217