06-05-2016, 02:38 PM
User Info
Hey Gang, I've been trying to find a few aftershaves that I like, but I've been mostly striking out in the scent department, which is getting both frustrating and expensive. I'd like to try more of the Razorock/Italian Barber, and Fine Aftershaves, but the first AS I tried from IB (Amici) and Fine (American Blend) are super heavy on the powder scent, which I really dislike. 

With that in mind, I could use some help narrowing down field before my next purchase, so any feedback on which of the RR, IB, and Fine aftershaves have a powder free scent would be greatly appreciated.  FWIW, I'm also trying to steer clear of scents like Floid Blue and Mentaldo Vigarossa, they both have a strong chemical smell to me. 

Any longevity info on the aftershaves you mention would also be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Loren

11 70
 06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
User Info
Loren, if you are looking to try Fine aftershaves without committing to a full size bottle, Maggard's offers very nice sample bottles of all six scents including the newly released Santal Absolut for $3.75 ea or all six for $22. The bottles have a built in atomizer and make great travel bottles as well. Happy hunting Shy

95 2,590
 06-05-2016, 03:17 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I only know Fines. Fine Platinum has no powder to my nose. It's like Floid Black or Wm Neumann Absolute Zero, which are both faintly reminiscent of Creed Aventus EdT.

6 354
 06-05-2016, 03:18 PM
User Info
John, thanks for that. I had looked at that sampler a few times in the past and they were always out of several scents in the set at a given time. Sounds like now is a good time to check again Smile

11 70
 06-05-2016, 03:20 PM
User Info
(06-05-2016, 03:17 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I only know Fines. Fine Platinum has no powder to my nose. It's like Floid Black or Wm Neumann Absolute Zero, which are both faintly reminiscent of Creed Aventus EdT.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

11 70
 06-08-2016, 07:32 PM
User Info
I don't get a powdery scent from fine platinum, orange noir, or fresh vetiver. That said, I didn't detect it in American blend either, so perhaps my sniffer is busted.

28 1,086
 06-11-2016, 03:04 PM
User Info
That's interesting. Could be I'm the one with the busted sniffer. Probably will order The Fine Platinum and Orange Noir samples, along with a few samples from other makers, next week.  Thanks for the reply!

11 70