06-05-2016, 02:38 PM
User Info
Hey Gang, I've been trying to find a few aftershaves that I like, but I've been mostly striking out in the scent department, which is getting both frustrating and expensive. I'd like to try more of the Razorock/Italian Barber, and Fine Aftershaves, but the first AS I tried from IB (Amici) and Fine (American Blend) are super heavy on the powder scent, which I really dislike. 

With that in mind, I could use some help narrowing down field before my next purchase, so any feedback on which of the RR, IB, and Fine aftershaves have a powder free scent would be greatly appreciated.  FWIW, I'm also trying to steer clear of scents like Floid Blue and Mentaldo Vigarossa, they both have a strong chemical smell to me. 

Any longevity info on the aftershaves you mention would also be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Loren

11 76
 06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
User Info
Loren, if you are looking to try Fine aftershaves without committing to a full size bottle, Maggard's offers very nice sample bottles of all six scents including the newly released Santal Absolut for $3.75 ea or all six for $22. The bottles have a built in atomizer and make great travel bottles as well. Happy hunting Shy

97 2,597
 06-05-2016, 03:17 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I only know Fines. Fine Platinum has no powder to my nose. It's like Floid Black or Wm Neumann Absolute Zero, which are both faintly reminiscent of Creed Aventus EdT.

14 662
 06-05-2016, 03:18 PM
User Info
John, thanks for that. I had looked at that sampler a few times in the past and they were always out of several scents in the set at a given time. Sounds like now is a good time to check again Smile

11 76
 06-05-2016, 03:20 PM
User Info
(06-05-2016, 03:17 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I only know Fines. Fine Platinum has no powder to my nose. It's like Floid Black or Wm Neumann Absolute Zero, which are both faintly reminiscent of Creed Aventus EdT.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

11 76
 06-08-2016, 07:32 PM
User Info
I don't get a powdery scent from fine platinum, orange noir, or fresh vetiver. That said, I didn't detect it in American blend either, so perhaps my sniffer is busted.

35 1,860
 06-11-2016, 03:04 PM
User Info
That's interesting. Could be I'm the one with the busted sniffer. Probably will order The Fine Platinum and Orange Noir samples, along with a few samples from other makers, next week.  Thanks for the reply!

11 76