08-04-2017, 04:07 AM
User Info
Just got my DC .95 baseplate. Only took about a week from ordering through Matt. Love the fact that I can now use both OC and SB in one shave. What a great option to have!! I'll start using it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 880
 08-04-2017, 04:39 AM
User Info
(08-04-2017, 04:07 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Just got my DC .95 baseplate.  Only took about a week from ordering through Matt.  Love the fact that I can now use both OC and SB in one shave.  What a great option to have!!  I'll start using it next week.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! It's a great option I wish more razors manufactures offered.

0 112
 08-04-2017, 08:56 AM
User Info
(08-03-2017, 11:51 PM)AlexBelov Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 06:29 AM)JimmyH Wrote: My favorite is the .95 OC. I traded the .68 SB for a .95 SB, and then bought a .68 OC from a friend. The .68 OC works way better for me than the .68 SB did. The jury is still out on the .95 SB. I need to shave with it some more before I decide whether it is a keeper. It is odd, but as I've mentioned in the past, I prefer Timeless and Blackbird in OC, and Tradere and Wolfman in SB. Different strokes for different folks.

Can you compare Timeless and Blackbird.

Interesting question. Blackbird has a .58 blade gap. I didn't know that until I inquired in another thread and Shane pointed out that it is posted on the website. IME the BB is as efficient as the Timeless .95, and more efficient than the Timeless .68. Why that is must have to do with overall geometry and blade exposure I suppose. I'd say after 50+ years of doing it I'm an expert shaver, but I'm not a safety razor designer or developer, so I'm in awe of how great some of them shave, but clueless as to why one is 'better' than another. 

I love the Timeless and the Blackbird, so I wouldn't recommend one over the other. My recommendation is get one of each.  Smile

7 235
 08-04-2017, 12:40 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Jimmy,

You are spot on with your evaluation of the Timeless and the Blackbird. Both razors are exceptional, in every way. They are also different in many ways, making choosing one over the other difficult.

The Blackbird's pronounced blade presence and the shave head's extraordinary design contribute to the razor's magnetic feel on the skin, as if hugging it with each stroke.

The Timeless razor's scalloped .95 shave head, open comb or closed, brushes the skin like a silky quilt. I don't think I have ever come across a razor that shaves as smoothly as the Timeless. The open comb especially.

I have shaved with a wide variety of open comb razors, everything from the old Gillettes to the Wolfman, and have not been particularly impressed. The Timeless, however, has created a new love in me for the open comb.

150 3,038
 08-04-2017, 03:18 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(08-04-2017, 12:40 PM)Obie Wrote: Jimmy,

You are spot on with your evaluation of the Timeless and the Blackbird. Both razors are exceptional, in every way. They are also different in many ways, making choosing one over the other difficult.

The Blackbird's pronounced blade presence and the shave head's extraordinary design contribute to the razor's magnetic feel on the skin, as if hugging it with each stroke.

The Timeless razor's scalloped .95 shave head, open comb or closed, brushes the skin like a silky quilt. I don't think I have ever come across a razor that shaves as smoothly as the Timeless. The open comb especially.

I have shaved with a wide variety of open comb razors, everything from the old Gillettes to the Wolfman, and have not been particularly impressed. The Timeless, however, has created a new love in me for the open comb.

I completely agree with this (and the prior post). The Blackbird OC is blade-forward, and the Timeless .95 OC presents almost no blade feel. Both give tremendous, close, long-lasting shaves. To my face, the difference is akin to a Schick E2 compared to a Supply injector, or an ATT SE2 with a Pro Super compared to an Asylum RX with a Kai Mild. All great shaves, but very different experiences.

6 357
 08-08-2017, 07:02 AM
User Info
For those of you that have tried more than 1 baseplate, which is your favorite, Standard Bar, Open Comb or Scalloped?

10 167
 08-08-2017, 08:13 AM
User Info
Just used my dual comb plate with the smooth top cap and I can now definitely place my Timeless razor in the top spot of all of my DE razors. I have had the OC and Scalloped base plates with the smooth and scalloped top caps. I love having the dual comb because I can use one side for each pass. All of mine are .95 and I own every single modern day DE razor except the BBS-1. My Blackbird OC and SB are in second place and my dual comb .74 Wolfman is in 3rd place. All outstanding razors but Timeless is the best to me. Just my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 880
 08-08-2017, 08:34 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Today's shave with my newest Timeless razor felt as if a breeze from paradise. The brush was the Thater 26mm two-band finest silvertip; the soap Czech & Speake's Oxford and Cambridge; and the razor the Timeless .95 SB scalloped titanium. I wonder if I have ever enjoyed a shave as much as I did today.

The razor is relatively light in weight and perfectly balanced, as though it was made just for me. I find the rustic look quite pleasing, like getting lost in an antique shop filled with a garden of vintage razors. Of course, fit and finish are superb, and the razor is tucked in classy packaging worthy of its quality.

The razor's shave is pure silk, with modest blade feel. I do like blade feel, that on the Blackbird a good example, but somehow I do not miss it in the Timeless razors. In three passes, my usual, today's shave was close and comfortable. For me, it's always been: comfort over perfect. I dare say, I achieved both in my Timeless .95 titanium.

I have the stainless steel .95 scalloped open comb already, and love it. I would love to have the open comb titanium, too. It is pricey, yes, so I might have to sell my second Lamborghini.

150 3,038
 08-08-2017, 09:43 AM
User Info
(08-08-2017, 08:34 AM)Obie Wrote: Gentlemen,

Today's shave with my newest Timeless razor felt as if a breeze from paradise. The brush was the Thater 26mm two-band finest silvertip; the soap Czech & Speake's Oxford and Cambridge; and the razor the Timeless .95 SB scalloped titanium. I wonder if I have ever enjoyed a shave as much as I did today.

The razor is relatively light in weight and perfectly balanced, as though it was made just for me. I find the rustic look quite pleasing, like getting lost in an antique shop filled with a garden of vintage razors. Of course, fit and finish are superb, and the razor is tucked in classy packaging worthy of its quality.

The razor's shave is pure silk, with modest blade feel. I do like blade feel, that on the Blackbird a good example, but somehow I do not miss it in the Timeless razors. In three passes, my usual, today's shave was close and comfortable. For me, it's always been: comfort over perfect. I dare say, I achieved both in my Timeless .95 titanium.

I have the stainless steel .95 scalloped open comb already, and love it. I would love to have the open comb titanium, too. It is pricey, yes, so I might have to sell my second Lamborghini.

Excellent to hear, Obie. I ordered the Ti 0.95 OC with scalloped cap, yesterday.

31 5,293
 08-08-2017, 09:53 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(08-08-2017, 09:43 AM)Optometrist Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 08:34 AM)Obie Wrote: Gentlemen,

Excellent to hear, Obie. I ordered the Ti 0.95 OC with scalloped cap, yesterday.
David, my friend, the 0.95 OC titanium is tempting. This is razor heaven. I must admit, the Timeless has taken over the number one spot on my modest safety razor lineup. The Blackbird is almost neck and neck. Here is the lineup of my modern razors in order of preference:

Timeless
Blackbird,
Paradigm
Sabre
Wolfman (no longer have it)
ATT

150 3,038
 08-08-2017, 10:23 AM
User Info
(08-08-2017, 09:53 AM)Obie Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 09:43 AM)Optometrist Wrote: Excellent to hear, Obie. I ordered the Ti 0.95 OC with scalloped cap, yesterday.
David, my friend, the 0.95 OC titanium is tempting. This is razor heaven. I must admit, the Timeless has taken over the number one spot on my modest safety razor lineup. The Blackbird is almost neck and neck. Here is the lineup of my modern razors in order of preference:

Timeless
Blackbird,
Paradigm
Sabre
ATT

My recent acquisitions of Blackbird OC's have taken first place over the SS Timeless 0.95 OC. Interesting to see if the Timeless Ti can retake the top spot.

31 5,293
 08-08-2017, 12:46 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(08-08-2017, 10:23 AM)Optometrist Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 09:53 AM)Obie Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 09:43 AM)Optometrist Wrote: Excellent to hear, Obie. I ordered the Ti 0.95 OC with scalloped cap, yesterday.

Timeless
Blackbird,
Paradigm
Sabre
ATT

My recent acquisitions of Blackbird OC's have taken first place over the SS Timeless 0.95 OC. Interesting to see if the Timeless Ti can retake the top spot.
Yes, David, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that.

150 3,038
 08-08-2017, 05:24 PM
User Info
Of the modern machined razors that I own, I like the Timeless the best. Fantastic, smooth shave. I have both .68 and .95 baseplates, love them both. I own 4 timeless razors, but one is for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

0 25
 08-10-2017, 09:11 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
(08-08-2017, 05:24 PM)Lvanerstrom Wrote: Of the modern machined razors that I own, I like the Timeless the best. Fantastic, smooth shave. I have both .68 and .95 baseplates, love them both. I own 4 timeless razors, but one is for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I only have the 95 SB and the 68 scalloped and I agree...so far...numero uno !!!!!!!

6 2,028
 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM
User Info
It's difficult to pick up a different razor when I have the Timeless 95 SB.

10 167