07-02-2016, 03:27 AM
User Info
Took inventory of wood and resins and we still have nicely figured Maple locally sourced for your brush dreams and a lot of teak still from FEQ.  Also we have the hybrid burl/resins alumilite as well! 

Trying to get a few projects out the door.  So contact us reference a custom designed brush and knot.  We will correspond with you and the price so there is no surprises. 

We also just got in another piece of equipment to better assist us in polishing and dressing up brushes during the build phase.  We are excited to get this piece of equipment to work.

Happy 4th to all!

0 413
 07-04-2016, 05:38 PM
User Info
A few resets and polishing up the existing acrylic brushes for a customer.  One to go which will be a new knot set.

[Image: JZx86O8.jpg]

0 413
 07-06-2016, 04:08 AM
User Info
We have added a flat rate across the board shipping to International Worldwide now. 

We also have our newest brush added to the sale site which is a beautiful Olive wood sourced from the Holy Land in Bethlehem and is set to a 21mm Silvertip badger and adorned with a gunmetal colored metal accent band.  The brush has been wet sanded with 3200 grit micro mesh then a high friction polish applied then two coats clear lacquer.

This brush has a 47.6mm loft for some backbone and the handle alone measures 3 3/8" for a true barber styled brush.

[Image: y9BWz5N.jpg]

[Image: vwbxaZL.jpg]

0 413
 07-10-2016, 11:08 AM
User Info
I have two more additional Black Badger knots 21mm sizing on hand if you are thinking of a custom brush.  I like the black badger because it is still soft yet has backbone.  It is the same knot I used in my personal brush I just made with teak and a metal band accent.

So if you are looking to commission a new brush please let us know what you are looking for and we will discuss your idea.

0 413
 07-11-2016, 04:31 AM
User Info
Well I received my Schulze Weyer 6/8 razor the other day and it had some nicks in the scales and may have been the original scales but not sure.  I bought some scale material from a new source I am trying out that uses polyester resin to see how it works out in the use for razor scales.  I shaved it down to a think slab and used micro mesh for 13 step up to 12000 grit to get a shine then used Novus to polish up the scales.  I made the scales a bit untraditional as well to experiment a bit since it is a personal razor.

All in all, I like the material which is easy to work with but cutting out the pattern can be dicey due to the little more fragility of the composition. 

[Image: WRZI4jZ.jpg]
[Image: QxCjZAJ.jpg]
[Image: t7FqCID.jpg]

0 413
 07-15-2016, 10:59 AM
User Info
July 15, 2016 NEWS ALERT: 

Well we are looking to add some kiln dried Padauk; Yellowheart; and Purpleheart in the stock for making custom razor scales down the road.  But as always, if it can be sourced, we will make it or try very hard!

0 413
 07-16-2016, 03:18 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Welcome to the Party!  I wish you much success.

4 916
 07-16-2016, 04:17 PM
User Info
(07-16-2016, 03:18 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Welcome to the Party!  I wish you much success.

Thank you kindly sir!  I have seen your work and it is very impressive.  I do this on the side and it is not a fulltime job nor really a income precipitator.  It is really just the love of doing and working with my hands.  I am sure you being a woodworker understand that.  In fact, if I were a CEO and the board of directors saw my profit margin per piece I would be fired and replaced in the blink of an eye.

0 413
 07-18-2016, 08:32 AM
User Info
As a reminder.......we can also turn a handle for you as well if you have the knot you wish to set yourself.  Just contact us and we will be happy to discuss what you want and the size of the opening you need as well as the depth.

Enjoy your summer and happy shaving!

0 413
 07-19-2016, 02:54 AM
User Info
Well we finished up a German beauty with a new facelift.  Here is a Imperial Razor with the black bakelite scales removed and a set of stabilized buckeye burl scales custom fitted to it.  We used bullseye step down brass washers; nylon internal friction washers; brass pins; fabricated ivory acrylic wedge; and a thumbnotch.  As usual these were 9 step micro-mesh wet sanded then a high friction polish and two coat lacquer to finish it off.  All in all a fun project.

[Image: H8DE0zQ.jpg]

0 413
 07-22-2016, 11:46 AM
User Info
Special running until the end of July..............buy one of the brushes listed on our sales site and get a free 4 oz. bottle of aftershave in your scent choice! 

Simply when you make your purchase state which you would like in the comments! 

0 413
 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM
User Info
Also coming soon................Padauk; Yellowheart; and Purpleheart wood for making custom scales!  So if you have a razor needing a scale facelift and like any of these wood species, please let us know!

We have sourced excellent stock from one of our suppliers for a working man's wage and this savings will be passed to the customer!  We always pass along savings to our customers!

0 413
 07-28-2016, 12:10 PM
User Info
We are 3 days away from the end of the Buy A Listed Brush Get A Free 4 oz. Bottle Of Aftershave

Hurry before this ends.  All aftershaves are mixed at time of order! 

0 413
 08-02-2016, 04:36 PM
User Info
A newly re-scaled Ralf Aust 5/8 round toe.  I had no real issue with the black acrylic scales but decided to fab some from honey streaked horn using brass step down collars; nylon pivot bushings; and a copper/silver colored polyester resin wedge.

[Image: rNrDX7X.jpg]
[Image: DK4ZL2Q.jpg]
[Image: F8GgyW3.jpg]

0 413
 08-04-2016, 06:10 AM
User Info
We are estimating around November we will be able to provide custom cut scales for customers.  We will offer options to send in your razor to be re-scaled or a simple scale purchase option which may be better for the customer. 

We will be offering hopefully G10; micarta; various stabilized wood; horn material; and hardwoods.

We may even do a basic typical hammock styled scales for ease as well in mass for sale in the various materials.

0 413
 08-04-2016, 06:29 AM
User Info
In a effort to unload existing stock we at ATBT to clear out the several brushes we have due to custom orders being made are making the following discounts:

Contact us through email on the Bonanza sale site and state which brush you want and receive 15% off that listed price! 

Secondly, if you buy 3 or more of the existing brushes you will get 20% off listed price and a free 4 oz. aftershave your choice of scent!  This also includes the Limited Edition 3 brush set on this offer.

So email us direct from the site so we can make the adjustment in price for you!  This offer will run through Sunday, August 07, until midnight!  If you email us late we will also respond the next day on the 8th to fulfill the request!

This is a great deal on custom made brushes.  We need to make room for added building material in the shop so we want to sell these brushes off and begin a total custom per order business which is flourishing.  For some reason however, these are not catching the eyes of folks or they just do not like the design we have imparted on each brush.  Our loss is your gain on these my friends.

Thank you!

0 413
 08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
User Info
Two new pieces of stock for fabricating scales and a 1.5" square turning stock for a near matching brush!

I really think I scored some nice stabilized pieces here when I was able to pick up these two pieces for future projects.  If you like these colors please let us know for we are doing custom orders mainly from this point on rather than making brushes for selling on our Bonanza sell site.

We have sold two more of the existing brushes so we are getting close to having the existing custom turned unspoken brushes all sold to make room for stock to build custom!!!

We are excited with the existing sale and how we have moved some brushes and given customers a custom brush at a fraction of the cost most customs cost! 

[Image: OmJC5ts.jpg]

[Image: TRskbZT.jpg]

0 413
 08-14-2016, 03:57 AM
User Info
Well I was able to source some Jade Ghost G10 for scales!  I am stocking up a small supply of scale material to start doing scales.  It will certainly be a great addition to the business.  I expect us to be full swing by October on this.  Still trying to source certain other hardware for doing scales in the meantime to be a cost savings to the customer!

0 413
 08-15-2016, 11:58 AM
User Info
Two new men's aftershave scents are in the making!  We are excited here at ATBT's to be experimenting with two new scents to perfect and offer for sale.  Hopefully the test subjects will like them and give favorable feedback!

Stay tuned and remember, we have a few brushes left that are on sale now at 20% off listed price in a effort to clear stock on hand to make way for an almost entirely custom per order business.  I say this but if anyone knows me, I will more than likely add a brush every so often to the sale site for immediate purchase........I can't help myself sometimes!

Thank you from ATBT!

0 413
 08-18-2016, 10:54 AM
User Info
Two new aftershave scents completed after much experimentation on willing subjects!  The first is a very deep and smooth velvety woodsy leather scent demanding of men who are not afraid for you to know they are a man, just like Chuck Norris!  I do make light and joke on that description but in a direct way, it's true.  The scent is called "Dark Suede" and obviously so.   The second is a crisp oceanic type smell you get when you smell the sea oats from the sand dunes after a crisp rain on the beach.  We call it "Sand Dunes" for that reason.  It does have a softer smell than most men's aftershaves but every so often don't you want to please the ladies with a lighter and not so overbearing scent?  We say at ATBT, yes!

So these will go online at Bonanza by this weekend after we work out some logistics.  But if you wish to order them prior just contact us via email from our web site and I will personally package up your order and get to you before it hits the site! 

Stay tuned for more to come.  We now have G10 Ghost Jade in for scales as well as a nice green dyed stabilized maple which should make for some nice scales to makeover that old razor!

[Image: jOTy2Nu.jpg]

0 413