06-11-2016, 09:19 AM
User Info
(06-11-2016, 07:56 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote: Is bonanza similar to Etsy?

It is except where ETSY files a 1099 on you Bonanza does not.  Bonanza is more like a E-bay without the majority of the cheap junk.  So I would say a little of both because on Bonanza you can list items as make offer but no bidding auction style.

0 413
 06-11-2016, 03:19 PM
User Info
Here are some Burl/Alumilite resin I have on hand currently for turning.  

Red & white alumilite and burl-

[Image: ZUpFtUa.jpg]

Hard to tell in this picture but a deep purple & white alumilite with burl-

[Image: USuDpAv.jpg]

Blue & gold alumilite with burl-

[Image: ANFQnoO.jpg]

Green & gold Alumililte with burl-

[Image: 6et5SUr.jpg]

0 413
 06-12-2016, 04:24 AM
User Info
Just so folks know we also do women's makeup application brushes.  I try to pick acrylic with nice prints that are colorful for sell and set them to beautiful kabuki brush heads!  Unlike commercial bought makeup brushes with like 1/2" handle if that is what they want to call that, we give the ladies a real handle to hold to eliminate finger fatigue from finger gripping.

Here is a giraffe print acrylic that is popular with the women.  This one is being donated for auction to the NC Zoo Society to raise money for the zoo.

[Image: uZTOHMW.jpg]

0 413
 06-12-2016, 05:56 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
Hello and welcome from the other Carolina!  ...awesome shed too!

11 721
 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM
User Info
(06-12-2016, 05:56 AM)racebmx Wrote: Hello and welcome from the other Carolina!  ...awesome shed too!

Why thank you!  My family and I spend a lot of time in Charleston, SC to include IOP and Folly Beach!  In fact, we have toyed with living there!

0 413
 06-15-2016, 04:34 AM
User Info
Well I just finished another custom order for a gentleman wanting a robust manly brush made from teak wood which was a slight departure from my normal woods used.  I have to say it was a pleasure working with this wood and honestly quite natural given it is used in boat building so this is maybe a great marriage.

It is set to a 22mm Silvertip badger knot set to 50mm loft.  No staining, just natural appearance for that classic look as requested.  We are in full swing for all the needs of the consumer this spring/summer!

[Image: CBtHyFu.jpg]

0 413
 06-16-2016, 12:36 PM
User Info
In the coming weeks As The Brush Turns will begin shipping brushes worldwide to open up our clientele.  We will have to figure out international shipping to gain an average and charge a flat rate for ease of shipping rather than figuring each destination individually.  We are sure we will come up on the short end mostly in terms of shipping but sometimes that is business!

0 413
 06-16-2016, 04:01 PM
User Info
Thumbup BONUS FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL Thumbup

Now through Saturday anyone buying an existing in stock shaving brush will also get a 4 oz. bottle of aftershave your choice of scent!  Just email me direct with the scent of your choosing after purchasing the brush or place it in the buyer notes in Bonanza.  This is a $12.50 value!

We have 4 brush singles and the 3 brush Limited Edition set that each are individually numbered made out of Bethlehem sourced Olivewood!  As an added bonus if you purchase the limited edition set I will include 3 bottles of aftershave your choice of scent(s)!  This is a $37.50 value!

0 413
 06-18-2016, 01:23 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Str8shaver is a good man to deal with. I need to get my knot up to him he's got my handle ready.

5 584
 06-18-2016, 03:37 PM
User Info
(06-18-2016, 01:23 PM)Chaddy Wrote: Str8shaver is a good man to deal with. I need to get my knot up to him he's got my handle ready.

Thanks Chad for the kind words.  The brush handle is sitting nicely on a shelf waiting for when you are ready my friend.

0 413
 06-19-2016, 09:05 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Welcome Wave1

103 2,036
 06-19-2016, 09:26 AM
User Info
(06-19-2016, 09:05 AM)Gabe Wrote: Welcome Wave1

Thanks Gabe!

0 413
 06-19-2016, 12:17 PM
User Info
Nice brushes with some different styles you dont see. Ill have to keep an eye out.

0 87
 06-19-2016, 12:51 PM
User Info
(06-19-2016, 12:17 PM)Thundert65 Wrote: Nice brushes with some different styles you dont see. Ill have to keep an eye out.

By all means and thank you sir.  We also do custom orders as well.  

I do have some more designs and features coming in a month or just a little beyond that folks may be interested in.  I will test the consumer waters as I say with one to see what reception it gets.

0 413
 06-21-2016, 04:18 PM
User Info
Here is a brush handle I turned from the Teak as well that I had no real end in mind.  If it appeals to you and you have a knot you are looking for a handle to set to it go to my web site and look at offer.

measurements-

Height- 2 3/8"
Opening-  approximate 1" or 25.4mm
Finish- hand rubbed urethane (2 coats) and two coats lacquer to a natural finish with no stain.

The only small flaw is the discoloration for either a sanding strike I suspect on the left hand side from the picture of the brushes bottom.  Other than that............what you see!

[Image: 6Kj3zUc.jpg]
[Image: jdyezaU.jpg]

0 413
 06-21-2016, 04:44 PM
User Info
Eeeeek Early 4th of July Sale Eeeeek

Starting tonight through midnight July 4th all in-stock brushes and other items are 10% off!  Actually, we at ATBT rounded up so you are getting more than 10% off!  So if you were on the fence about a brush you had your eye on............don't wait! 

As an added bonus.....anyone who purchases two brushes will get their choice of an aftershave on us!  You just include in the buyer transaction remarks what scent you wish and a 4 oz. bottle is yours!

Happy 4th to all!

0 413
 06-22-2016, 06:48 AM
User Info
We are estimating that we are one week out from developing a women's leg shaving balm for applying after a shave to soothe the legs!  It will have the same added benefits as the men's but with a floral scent rather than a manly scent of course! 

So look for that to be launched after some R&D and testing by actual consumers to get the feedback we need.  What a great thing for that special woman in your life to have on hand.

Once again, thank you all for your replies and shopping with us.  We look forward to the upcoming summer months to place a few more brushes with a twist to our lineup.

0 413
 06-23-2016, 05:39 AM
User Info
Just wanted to update all......we have a new look to our web site with direct link to our store front.  This look is much better and quite honestly, easier to use than the other version!

It is also linked in my signature and here as well: As The Brush Turns Web Site

0 413
 06-23-2016, 04:34 PM
User Info
Here is a new creation in the works.  Problem is I do not know whether to keep it or offer for sale once I finish it Huh

It is my last piece of Bethlehem sourced olivewood from the Middle East and the only piece I have created with a gunmetal accent band placed at the top of the brush.

I have sanded it down to a fine smooth finish then I am using a new friction polish to give it that semi-gloss sheen look.  I think I will not lacquer it but leave as is here.  Decisions decisions!

Feedback welcomed of course on what you think of this creation and if I made more do you think they would be sellers or just dust collectors?

[Image: hGLD9nI.jpg]

0 413
 06-24-2016, 04:18 AM
User Info
Feedback coming in for the ladies leg balm (LLB) rather than calling it aftershave!  Also, test subjects would rather see a misting pump rather than flip lid.  So changes being made and supplies ordered to do the change.

So if you have that special lady to include your wives that want a nice pleasing floral scented leg balm for application after a shave.............check our site come July 1st for the release of this newest product for the ladies!  It will also be priced until July 4th midnight at the same pricing level as the men's aftershaves.

We look forward to this new product and are excited.

0 413