06-13-2016, 08:07 PM
User Info
Short version; Nice shave.

Slightly longer version; Why didn't I try an injector before?

Well, I know why... I was too busy enjoying my DEs. But after I started to dabble in SEs, I decided to keep half an eye out for an injector. A few weeks ago a few NOS (New Old Stock) Schick razors came up for sale on my favourite shave forum, and after mulling it over for a short while I took the plunge.
[Image: 2016-05-18%2B19.57.59.jpg]
Bright yellow and cheerful this time traveller from the 70's is allegedly meant for a Lady, but I'm secure enough in my manliness to use whatever razor that comes to hand to hack of my beard... that, and the only real difference from a regular Schick is as far as I can tell the colour and shape of the handle.

I got delayed in trying it; first I had to wait for blades to arrive (I plan to keep the two vintage blades it came with, partly because I would hate to fall in love with a blade I can no longer get), then I had to get quite a bit of travelling for work out of the way. Since all indications is that injector blades lasts for more than a week, I want time to wear a blade out in one go without interruptions.

First shave was... remarkable unremarkable. About every other razor I've tried so far requires a little adjustment of angle, or some other adjustment... some have even been really nippy or downright angry. I assumed that like most SEs the Schick Lady Eversharp would be happiest if I placed the head flat against my skin, and it just worked. Simple as that.

[Image: IMG_20160613_061412.jpg]
The first shave with the Schick: Proraso blade, Brutalt Bra soap, Wilkinson Sword Badger brush, Myrsol Balsamica aftershave... and a Damn Fine Shave at the end of it all.

Bottom line? Try a Schick - it's a good razor.

3 4,666
 06-14-2016, 01:06 AM
User Info
Nice review! I have been really enjoying my shaves with the Personna blade. Would like to try the Schick injector blades (Chinese and Japanese versions).

Only issue I have had with the L1 injector is rinsing between passes, as I have thick coarse beard I find that I need to rinse quiet often. The shave is very good tho and handles multiple days growth of beard really well.

1 213
 06-14-2016, 06:24 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hans, I strongly recommend you to try one of the two vintage blades! Believe me, they deserve a try. No rust problems, the blade performs fantastic.

Nice review and photos! I agree, it's a nice razor that gives easily a smooth DFS! Personally, I really like the handle and its color. No problem with that at all. I'd say I prefer it over the usual black colored short handle of some Schick injectors from the 70's.

49 2,016
 06-14-2016, 07:48 AM
User Info
Hans, lovely shaver! I really like the yellow! Thumbsup

83 21,109
 06-14-2016, 08:13 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Enjoy your injector shaves, Hans Smile. I was real close to picking up one of Nick's NOS finds, but decided to save the cash for a brush instead.

Have you discovered that you can do one less pass than with DEs? With a DE I always do 3 passes, but with the injector 2 passes is all I need. 3 passes with the injector (or GEM for that matter) and I get some very annoying irritation.

7 2,355
 06-19-2016, 07:24 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Nice review Hans. 

My daughter is really enjoying hers (for her legs and underarms). She loves the yellow handle. I tried it too (of course) and was pleasantly surprised by the results. 

I've purchased a second from Nick for my wife. I'm still trying to convince her to try something other than carts...

99 18,011
 06-19-2016, 08:12 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Am I the only one who can't bear to use the injector and hunting the bay for another piece ?

10 378
 06-19-2016, 09:00 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Wasn't yellow the subliminal 'Power Tie'  a few fallacies and fads ago? So now you have a fine unisex razor to reference another passing style fancy. I imagine you could even use it in a public restroom without stirring up passions over gender specific  razor identity.

2 3,171
 06-20-2016, 08:11 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I'm glad to read that you're enjoying the Schick razor, my friends! It's good to know that!

I am going on a trip in a few days. The razor I'll take with me will be my Schick. I also have it in my rotation, along with other hi-end razors. I always have a very good shave with it. Never disappoints me.

49 2,016
 06-28-2016, 04:30 AM
User Info
Ladies and Gents, i have been doing a lot of study on these razors. Where is the best place to get one in good nick? And which Injector/blade is the best to accompany it?

0 24
 06-28-2016, 05:12 AM
User Info
You're a little late to buy a NOS from Nick, sadly.. as for the best blade, I'm not sure yet Smile

3 4,666
 06-28-2016, 05:24 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hans, which blades have you tried so far?

49 2,016
 06-28-2016, 06:14 AM
User Info
So far just the Prorasao - they last a lot longer than DE blades, don't they Smile ?

3 4,666