06-20-2016, 03:05 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
Ran across a tuck of original, English made Wilkinson Sword blades that survived 50+ years of electric dhaving and a couple of moves in my shaving closet. Popped one into my trusty AS-D2 razor this morning and had a delightful shave with it, easily the equal of any of the modern blades that I've been using with the AS-D2. I remember using them exclusively after discovering them back in the late 50s or early 60s. It was pleasant to be suddenly catapulted back to my early 20s, fresh out of school and starting my 'working life'!

I'll see how it fares in the longevity department over the next several days. Suffice to say, the Brits made a great blade, then, that still gives a good account of itself, nowadays!

0 363
 06-20-2016, 05:37 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I miss the advertising ' Balaclava, and a Wilkinson sword was there' Makes me want to renew an old hobby painting 54MM lead military figurines, customize a few with swords cut from a Wilkerson and Polsilver.

2 3,171
 06-25-2016, 11:40 AM
  • TADIII
  • Gilletter from Home
  • FL & NC
User Info
I finished my third shave with a late '70s Wilkinson Super Sword this morning, but the previous 12 shaves were with a 1974 Wilkinson Sword Master.  The Sword Master could have gone longer, but going against the grain on my throat resulted in two ingrowns so I changed it.  Made-in-England Wilkinson Sword blades have been my go-to blade since 1966.  (I did not discover them as early as Roger did, but I never left them once I did.)

Tom

15 89