07-29-2012, 04:27 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I'm looking for some info or a review on the two Tcheon Fung Sing hard shaving soaps now offered. These are the Bergamotto Neroli Intenso and the Tabacco Verde Intenso.

How do these perform compared to the regular TFS soap/RR La Famiglia?

Thanks!

43 1,690
 07-29-2012, 07:51 AM
  • xraygun
  • Bainbridge Island
User Info
More fragrance, a little more control on loading. Same wonderful cushioning lather as the TFS in the jar.

Fantastic soap.

Shipping wise you want to load up a box from them to take advantage of the 2kg one price shipping. Tons of great stuff you can't get just anywhere!

5 270
 07-29-2012, 07:59 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
One of our favorite Stateside vendors sells these two soaps.

43 1,690
 07-29-2012, 08:00 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I was really happy to be able to add these to my store last week. They are fantastic!

45 16,298
 07-29-2012, 08:48 AM
  • xraygun
  • Bainbridge Island
User Info
I didn't realize Phil! Wow, you've really been hauling in the luxury goods lately!

5 270
 07-29-2012, 08:57 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(07-29-2012, 08:48 AM)xraygun Wrote: I didn't realize Phil! Wow, you've really been hauling in the luxury goods lately!

It was definitely a busy week. Biggrin I will soon be stocking the TFS soft soaps soon as well in scents that are unique to TFS.

45 16,298
 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM
User Info
They are high quality and are easy to work with. When I launched the La Famiglia line, we debated going with the hard soap vs. the soft soap... we found the soft soap created a stable lather really easily, whereas the hard one look a bit more skill. The performance of both is pretty equal. Top notch product.

3 315
 07-29-2012, 02:02 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Does any of the TFS soap it smells like the Acqua Di Parma?

86 7,123
 07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
User Info
(07-29-2012, 02:02 PM)Teiste Wrote: Does any of the TFS soap it smells like the Acqua Di Parma?

SneakyBiggrin

3 315
 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(07-29-2012, 02:17 PM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 02:02 PM)Teiste Wrote: Does any of the TFS soap it smells like the Acqua Di Parma?

SneakyBiggrin

Well,I keep myself with the XXX then.However,the Neroli sound good to me...

86 7,123
 07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
User Info
Not yet Winky

Right now, they have 8 scents, both in luxury or refill jar. The hard soaps are new and made very limited (drying and space). The last badges of the Bergamotto Neroli and Tabacco Verde have the stronger scent as in the new soft soaps. (I had a valued Belgian customer who was actually the first to ask for the TFS BN to have more of the neroli scent).

As for the performance of the hard soaps: I personally never used hard soaps until we could get these. Getting lather from these soaps couldn't be easier. Even with a little too much water you just do a couple of extra swirls and you have one bowl full of creamy lather. I use the BN dure a lot.

We already have new scents for testing, but nothing like AdP.

We're very happy that Phil decided to add the TFS soaps.

0 224
 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(07-29-2012, 02:31 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote:
Not yet Winky

Right now, they have 8 scents, both in luxury or refill jar. The hard soaps are new and made very limited (drying and space). The last badges of the Bergamotto Neroli and Tabacco Verde have the stronger scent as in the new soft soaps. (I had a valued Belgian customer who was actually the first to ask for the TFS BN to have more of the neroli scent).

As for the performance of the hard soaps: I personally never used hard soaps until we could get these. Getting lather from these soaps couldn't be easier. Even with a little too much water you just do a couple of extra swirls and you have one bowl full of creamy lather. I use the BN dure a lot.

Eric,thanks a lot for the good info you have provided.
How would you describe the Neroli scent?Is it a complex scent?

86 7,123
 07-29-2012, 07:13 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I almost feel like this TFS hard soap flew under the radar. One thing is for certain, I will be ordering some.

43 1,690
 07-29-2012, 08:36 PM
User Info
(07-29-2012, 02:41 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 02:31 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote:
Not yet Winky

Eric,thanks a lot for the good info you have provided.
How would you describe the Neroli scent?Is it a complex scent?

Hi Teiste,

It is like the Bergamotto Neroli soft soap that has been described a lot. Floral scents, concentrated, great smell and I really like this one always, where I have had other Italian soft soaps that sometimes are out of my rotation for weeks.

The hard soap, it's as if you have to release the scents more when you lather it. Someone described the hard soap scent as more subdued, which is exactly what I think too.

Bye,

Eric

0 224
 08-03-2012, 09:24 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I received TFS Tabacco Verde hard soap from Phil today.

First, the scent is very nice. I have heard comparisons made to Tabac. While there are some similarities, I would say that if you don't like Tabac, you may very well like Tabacco Verde. The TFS scent is brighter, more up to date, and not overpowering by any stretch. I get plenty of scent from the hard soap, but it's not all up in my olfactory bulbs like Tabac tends to be.

As for the lather, I can compare to the soft soap (I have used the La Famiglia line). The hard soap is as easy to lather as its softer counterpart. Super easy. I have not shaved with it yet, but the lather reminds me very much of the La Famiglia. I milled the puck into a 4 inch diameter Container Store tin. This is going to work great for me. Lots of surface area to lather, and from my first experience I won't need to work the brush over the soap for very long.

This is very good stuff.

43 1,690
 08-03-2012, 09:53 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Andrew :
thanks for your inputs.It seems that these TSF soaps are truly very nice soaps.The Neroli sounds soo good for me...

86 7,123
 08-03-2012, 09:58 PM
User Info
What is with the name? Why does it sound so Chinese but made in Italy?

9 2,988
 08-03-2012, 10:07 PM
User Info
The man that once started this company, was the first Chinese to enter Italy. He started selling razorblades and worked his way up to get his own company.

His granddaughter is now the artisan of TFS and she really wants to maintain his name for the company and the soaps she produces.

0 224
 08-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(08-03-2012, 10:07 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: The man that once started this company, was the first Chinese to enter Italy. He started selling razorblades and worked his way up to get his own company.

His granddaughter is now the artisan of TFS and she really wants to maintain his name for the company and the soaps she produces.

That is very cool.

43 1,690
 08-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-03-2012, 10:07 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: The man that once started this company, was the first Chinese to enter Italy. He started selling razorblades and worked his way up to get his own company.

Thats a great story,thanks for sharing it.
Where is the factory located in Italy?Have you been there?

86 7,123