01-12-2018, 01:43 AM
User Info
There is no need for the oil to be so complicated, I have used either grapeseed, sweet almond or apricot kernel oil as the carrier with a citrus EO either lime or grapefruit with another EO with healing/toning qualities. I have tried tea tree, calendula among others.

0 309
 01-12-2018, 03:16 AM
User Info
(01-12-2018, 01:43 AM)Sabre Wrote: There is no need for the oil to be so complicated, I have used either grapeseed, sweet almond or apricot kernel oil as the carrier with a citrus EO either lime or grapefruit with another EO with healing/toning qualities. I have tried tea tree, calendula among others.

Geranium was another EO I have used.

0 309
 06-23-2018, 10:42 AM
User Info
Here's my PSO recipe:
- 2 parts grape seed oil
- 1 part Abyssinian oil
- 1 part jojoba oil
- a few drops of lemon Myrtle EO

I rub 3 drops into my beard before my shower. This allows time for the oil to soak in and soften the stubble. If I don't use it, I don't get as good a shave and generally more irritation so it's definitely a permanent part of my routine.

For those who think it's messy and hands become oily...rub the oil in and then wash your hands with hand soap. Very simple!!

0 108
 06-24-2018, 04:32 AM
User Info
(07-29-2012, 08:05 PM)beartrap Wrote: It's not a matter of too much, it's just messy... Even if you apply a tiny bit, your hands are still oily and slippery, so you need to stop and wash your hands before going on. Plus I really didn't notice any benefit over pre-shave soaps and/or creams.

I use  preshave oil.  I put it on, shower, then shave.  That gives time for it to soak in and the excess to come off.

0 343