12-10-2016, 10:26 AM
User Info
About two years ago I thought I would try using alum.  In about a week I noticed a small rash on the lower left side of my neck.  It was the size of a jelly bean.  I didn’t think much of it.  Then a few days later I got very early showered and shaved and within fifteen minutes my entire neck up to and over my jaw bone I had a red rash that looked like measles.  It felt like my neck was sunburned and was very itchy.  It was too early to call my dermatologist so I went on the internet.  I learned that eczema is like allergies and be can caused by several different things including but not limited to diet, plants, air quality even the detergent used to wash your clothes which touch the affected area.  In my case it was the alum.  I found that a antibacterial which alum is can cause it.  I stopped using it and have not have the problem since.  I am not in the medical field but have read the prolonged use of topical steroids is not suggested.  This could be trite but you may want to get the opinion of another dermatologist because there are many things that can cause eczema and it may be something in your home.  Did your dermatologist rule out psoriasis? 

0 253
 12-12-2016, 10:52 AM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I use to get eczema & psoriasis on the back of my hands and stomach and found it was triggered by nuts... cashews in particular. I can eat cashews in moderation but if I eat too many I'll get a minor outbreak. I also found detergent soaps like body washes made the problem worse and switching to more natural bar soaps helped out.

2 517
 05-03-2017, 02:28 PM
User Info
Nizoral Shampoo works well...It's a shampoo but can be used anywhere on the body!

2 52
 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
Coconut Oil works great, for me.  Almost, like magic.

1 589
 10-14-2017, 05:33 AM
User Info
I know this is somewhat old but I'll still provide my input. I noticed soaps like body washes really irritated mine. When I use Yardley, Kirk's castille, and other soaps it goes away. Many of the liquids are harsh detergents.

1 45
 10-14-2017, 06:20 PM
User Info
(09-19-2016, 02:06 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: The best cure for eczema I've ever seen was RELAX. Stress is a major cause. Take a day off just for you.
I do agree with you, when I'm in a stressful situation for a long period, always some cutaneous issues like eczema appear.
I have try many different things but I do notice that if I relax my skin healls himself.
But this is only my experience.
Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

0 93