06-27-2016, 05:49 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Today I finally received my single edge injector razor from Supply Provision. It has been a long haul since March when I first pre-ordered it. The company has been great with it's communication every query has been responded to quickly. I was a bit anxious to shave with this new razor. All my razors are considerably more expensive than this one ($60). How would it compare to my Mongoose,One Blade, ATT SE in transit and my Futur?
Initially I had some difficulty inserting the blade. It was not the razors fault but rather it was the dispenser's difficulty. The sliding mechanism would not catch the blade to slide it in place. After several attempts I worked it out. According to instructions one is supposed to place the razor flat on the face and the go to a 10 or 20 degree lift. I tried it. Too confusing. I just changed the angle until the sound of the beard being cut was the loudest and shaved. It was easy to find and maintain the correct angle. A relative fast 3 pass shave was easily obtained. One small weeper on my chin. I think the weeper might have been an older weeper re-opened. The resulting shave was smooth and clean. There is some slight irritation under my chin that I do not experience with my other razors. However, I think I might have pressed a little too hard under my chin. I will have to experiment with it on the next few shaves.
All and all an excellent shave. I can see this razor easily becoming my travel razor. It is far better than a Cart and probably could get through inspection at an airport. This razor is definitely a keeper and a bargain at the price.

68 1,047
 06-27-2016, 06:25 PM
User Info
just got mine too Barry, must have been on the same usps plane.  sure is a beautiful piece.  no problem loading the blade.  I still have tons of shick injectors to use also.  wtg was mild on mid aggression.  moved to full aggression and loved the shave.  Hit the nail on the atg up from the neck.  not perfect yet but that should happen very quickly.  I want to fall in love with this razor as my carts that I use on my head look pedestrian and just don't do it for this old man.  I got the new ATT se 1 and other than the width of the blade it is perfect too.  What a great time for se's. The price point is very fair on this one  and since I don't travel much I will have to go out on the porch to travel with it.

73 1,260
 06-27-2016, 07:00 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Nice to hear your thought, gents. I'm reasonably interested in trying this new injector razor. Please continue to give your impressions every so often. Enjoy your shaves.

4 1,910
 06-28-2016, 06:39 AM
User Info
Shaved with mine yesterday and it went just okay. I like the razor design and how it looks as well as the weight. I think it shaves better than the classic injectors I have tried in the past. It is hard to get used to the size of the head and blade after shaving with the Mongoose, ATT SE1 and the various Cobras'. The Feather Artist Club blades are just so much better than the injector blades and cover so much more area it is hard to make the adjustment the other way. Going to shave with all of the included heads and see if that makes any difference. I started with the 2 dot device. I have no complaints about the shave other than I was not blown away and it is harder to shave with a small injector after the experience of the Cobra or ATT SE1.

51 315
 06-28-2016, 09:55 AM
User Info
Re: the airport thing, I wouldn't chance it. I tried to do that with an old Schick injector and they flagged me. Had to check the bag.

15 1,018
 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Thanks good to know

68 1,047
 06-28-2016, 05:42 PM
User Info
You guys that recently received yours....is this the first run with the flaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 345
 06-28-2016, 05:59 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Mine has the flaw

68 1,047
 06-28-2016, 07:15 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA