07-01-2016, 07:22 PM
User Info
I know Henri et Victoria offers an absinthe scented soap, but from what I can see they only have full size pucks. Mystic water also has their "Green Fairy" and does actually offer samples, but does anyone know of other brands who offer sample sizes of Absinthe?

0 19
 07-01-2016, 07:39 PM
User Info
(07-01-2016, 07:22 PM)Kris_H_97 Wrote: I know Henri et Victoria offers an absinthe scented soap, but from what I can see they only have full size pucks. Mystic water also has their "Green Fairy" and does actually offer samples, but does anyone know of other brands who offer sample sizes of Absinthe?

Mickey Lee Soapworks offered (past tense) one called 'La Fée Verte' (The Green Fairy). It's been out of production for a few years now, but you could probably find one if you wanted. I could send a small sample for you to smell if you would like. It's their older base, released a little after 'The Drunken Goat'. It's similar, but not the same.

7 305
 07-01-2016, 07:43 PM
User Info
I have little experience with what absinthe smells like alone but Razorback Don Donato is absinthe and hint of cedar.

79 1,298
 07-01-2016, 08:30 PM
User Info
Does Mystic Water's soap actually smell of absinthe? I love absinthe, but I'm not really sure what it would smell like without the alcohol.

3 196
 07-01-2016, 08:49 PM
User Info
(07-01-2016, 08:30 PM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: Does Mystic Water's soap actually smell of absinthe? I love absinthe, but I'm not really sure what it would smell like without the alcohol.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it. I went ahead and bought that particular sample. Seems the next best choice would have been RazoRocks "Don Donato", but it's out of stock and/or doesn't offer sample sizes. I'd hate to grab a whole puck of anything and end up regretting it. 
I havn't had Absinthe in a long time, but I loved the smell and taste and just hope the soap gods can deliver what I'm hoping for...

0 19
 07-02-2016, 04:30 AM
User Info
Coincidentally - I just ordered the Henri et Victoria absinthe last week.  I will only have it in about 10 days as I am traveling and will only be home then. 

Choice based on the fond memories of the liquid too - I will let you know how it turns out. 

I will be happy to send a sample if you wish

0 132
 07-03-2016, 05:15 PM
User Info
(07-01-2016, 08:30 PM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: Does Mystic Water's soap actually smell of absinthe? I love absinthe, but I'm not really sure what it would smell like without the alcohol.

MW is pretty nice, and has a good resemblance to absinthe.  It is rounded out a bit by litsea (bright, lemongrass-ish scent) and rosemary, so it doesn't have that cloyingly-sweet anise scent to it.  I don't detect either of those oils in much significance on my puck.  The overall effect is similar to the liqueur.  

For me, the scent is a great dark, murky sort of thing that works nicely during the grey fall-winter-spring thing in Oregon.

Other options would be Stirling, but that is straight anise so you'll end up with more of a black licorice scent rather than absinthe.

My favorite anise scent was done by B&M, though, the Anise & Vetiver released a few years back.  The Tre Citta formula burns my skin lightly (KOH-only soaps do that a bit) and the performance isn't as good as other soaps I use these days, but I still have the tub sitting under the sink so I can sniff it!

16 249
 07-03-2016, 06:04 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder but I'll stick with Lagavulin ( hey, throwing things at the screen is no solution)

2 3,171
 07-04-2016, 09:20 AM
User Info
Barrister and Mann Beaudelaire is pretty close to an absinthe scent, IMO

-ntr(nwu)

1 255
 07-09-2016, 11:00 AM
User Info

As promised I have a small review, the scent is nice, perhaps a bit on the subtle side for some, but for me I felt it was just about right. As I said before, it's been a long time since I had any Absinthe, but from what I remember this seems to be about it, and I don't recall back in the day any particular "alcohol" scent in the drink its self. This soap does not give someone in the absinthe 'know' any inclination towards black licorice, however my wife only focused on that aspect and doesn't care for it, but then again she's ignorant to absinthe and black licorice is the only thing she knows that smells like that. 
The lather is something of it's own review. I'm one of the guys who's had trouble with getting anything that resembles a thick lather from MW and due to the fact that I don't want my shave to be a hit or miss chore AND there's plenty more soap pucks in the sea, I probably won't be a returning customer to MW. That's a shame too.

0 19
 07-10-2016, 03:13 PM
User Info
gray fall-winter-spring thing in Oregon for sure.  I get that.  green fairy would apply too.

73 1,263
 07-11-2016, 10:44 PM
User Info
Anybody know if that Henri et V, has menthol in it? I found one review where it says it does, but that's it. I would have though more people would have mentioned it if it did...

0 19
 08-13-2016, 04:14 PM
User Info
You can buy a sample of Henry's at Maggards for $2.75.

4 32
 08-13-2016, 04:16 PM
User Info
Sorry, double posted

4 32