07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
User Info
Gents, I stumbled upon this website Giftsandcare.com while surfing. I had placed an order for ABC shave soap after reading about it being discontinued and few more items worth 155euros.

Since yesterday there is no response from them on my order status. Just want to check if these guys are credible enough and if my money is in safe hands.

I had seen there banners here on the nook too.

Help requested please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 795
 07-02-2016, 07:31 AM
User Info
I have dealt with them one time on some shave soap and shipping took longer than expected but it was shipping to me here in the states, I believe they are reputable and maybe lack of response is due to the holiday weekend.

6 1,335
 07-02-2016, 07:36 AM
User Info
Juan the owner of G&C is possibly one of the finest merchants I have had the pleasure of interacting with
I have a order pending too but I have been informed that
he is on vacation with his family and will be back next week
am positive he will revert ASAP
best
raj k

0 115
 07-02-2016, 07:36 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Excellent vendor : I've placed many orders with them : no worries!

102 18,649
 07-02-2016, 07:41 AM
User Info
(07-02-2016, 07:36 AM)Agravic Wrote: Excellent vendor : I've placed many orders with them : no worries!

Thanks a lot Sirs.Appreciate swift response.

1 795
 07-02-2016, 07:58 AM
User Info
(07-02-2016, 07:41 AM)Jags009 Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 07:36 AM)Agravic Wrote: Excellent vendor : I've placed many orders with them : no worries!

Thanks a lot Sirs.Appreciate swift response.

@Jags009 do not worry 
we have a chapter of the Indian Mafia of highly trained IT guys in Spain too, will probably knock their internet out  Tongue

0 115
 07-02-2016, 07:58 AM
User Info
Customer service can appear a bit lacking at times, I think its due to the language barrier more than anything else though. I've ordered with them successfully in the past, wouldn't hesitate to order again. Shipping was average considering they're in Spain, and I believe you can track your shipment status on their website if I remember correctly

28 779
 07-02-2016, 10:29 AM
User Info
I think - I stress THINK - they have started using a new shipping company, so the tracking number no longer is visible directly, when you long into your account on their site. It used to be easier to track your parcel, but now I don't see the tracking number and I always have to email them to ask for it.

Also shipping time seems to take longer than it used to do.

I have probably bought from their store 30-40 times, and I got to be one their better customers, but the new slow shipping time and the hazzle with not been given a tracking number right away, when you order has made me buy at other shops, but I still buy from G&C, but now also use Yourshaving and shaving station.

They have always done what they could to help me, but sometimes it takes a little bit too long for them to respond, 1-2 weeks times, other times they reply back in 1 day.

As said, it's a nice store, but I'm speading my business a bit more now, because their shipping time is VERY slow compared to all others shops I deal with in Europe - Yourshaving is not more expensive shippingwise, but their parcel reach me in 3-4 days, whereas parcel from G&C can take weeks to reach me now.

24 5,965
 07-02-2016, 10:55 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
packages to USA typically arrive in 1 week or less.  Their customer service is excellent.

And they are one of the few international vendors that will ship aftershaves and EdT's that contain alcohol.

168 1,378
 07-02-2016, 11:17 AM
User Info
They are excellent vendors, no worries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 403
 07-02-2016, 01:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
One more satisfied person here. I've ordered from and communicated with G&C all told, half dozen or so (~3+3) times. In my experience they are 100% reputable.

7 2,134
 07-02-2016, 02:01 PM
  • Journeyman
  • The Present (when I'm lucky)
User Info
As others have stated, G&C is an excellent vendor. Purchased from them many times.

18 277
 07-02-2016, 02:44 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-02-2016, 10:29 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I think - I stress THINK - they have started using a new shipping company, so the tracking number no longer is visible directly, when you long into your account on their site. It used to be easier to track your parcel, but now I don't see the tracking number and I always have to email them to ask for it.

Also shipping time seems to take longer than it used to do.

I have probably bought from their store 30-40 times, and I got to be one their better customers, but the new slow shipping time and the hazzle with not been given a tracking number right away, when you order has made me buy at other shops, but I still buy from G&C, but now also use Yourshaving and shaving station.

They have always done what they could to help me, but sometimes it takes a little bit too long for them to respond, 1-2 weeks times, other times they reply back in 1 day.

As said, it's a nice store, but I'm speading my business a bit more now, because their shipping time is VERY slow compared to all others shops I deal with in Europe - Yourshaving is not more expensive shippingwise, but their parcel reach me in 3-4 days, whereas parcel from G&C can take weeks to reach me now.

It's known to everyone that made orders from them the last two months that they started shipping their packages in a different way. Their new shipping partner is not good. At all! I don't have very good experience from them lately as well. Packages take twice the time to reach me and I have exactly the same problem with the tracking number. They ship the packages through Holland, that's why it takes much more time. I also prefer other vendors due to that fact. A package can't take two to three weeks to get delivered inside Europe. That's not acceptable from me. 

Before that change, they were my first choice most of the times. I've received around 8 packages since January from them.

49 1,996
 07-02-2016, 03:14 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I've had no issues with the new shipping : packages arrived here in a timely manner.

102 18,649
 07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
User Info
My experience with this vendor has been positive. I think people are far too worried about tracking numbers sometimes. If a vendor is at shave nook they are reputable or booted. Phil and Ravi review all of the vendors before approval. If you are backed by PayPal or a reputable bank, you have nothing to be worried about. International business is significantly different than domestic and requires a bit more patience.

63 1,720
 07-02-2016, 03:37 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've had nothing but excellent service from them.

38 5,108
 07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
(07-02-2016, 03:24 PM)NSmalls Wrote: My experience with this vendor has been positive. I think people are far too worried about tracking numbers sometimes. If a vendor is at shave nook they are reputable or booted. Phil and Ravi review all of the vendors before approval. If you are backed by PayPal or a reputable bank, you have nothing to be worried about. International business is significantly different than domestic and requires a bit more patience.

Well I had my two Vie Long brushes shipped from them 3-4 months ago, never got any notice, neither from them and unfortunately not from my local post office either - so the brushes ended up being shipped back to Spain. I exchanged the two Vie Long's to a Simpson Chubby 3 Super, so something good came from it - but just an annoying experience that happened due to poor information about tracking number.

24 5,965
 07-02-2016, 04:15 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Time matters to me. When I make an order with products that I've planned to give as gifts to family and friends, I want my order to reach me on time. I always order about 12 days earlier but the last time I ordered from G&C that was a problem for me. The package arrived 10 days after the expected delivery and as you know you can't give a gift after the birthdays. I had to keep it and buy another thing. That's a very good example why the tracking number is important sometimes. If you offer tracking shipping service, then make sure that you will provide your customers with the correct one. It's simple.

To give you another example of what we're talking about me and Claus, orders from G&C used to reach me in about 5 days after the shipping date. The last two with the new shipping partner took more than 15. That is a significant delay.

49 1,996
 07-02-2016, 04:19 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Such is life sometimes.
This is shaving gear, not life sustaining medications for example.
I focus on vendor reliability in terms of inventory, integrity, and such.

102 18,649
 07-02-2016, 05:23 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
I can see both side. Reliable great vendor but I didn't realise they have change delivery route so someone who had previously bought from then and need something urgently by a certain date might need to consider that.

Will definitely buy from them again as they do ship aftershave aboard.

10 376