01-11-2018, 09:55 PM
User Info
I will say that I have noticed that the lighter the material the more mild the shave. ie. my timeless .95 titanium open comb I can motor with the razor without a care in the world but the .95 stainless open comb you better behave you’ll bleed. I could be wrong but that’s the way it seems. Also, IAMCDB- Chris Bailey also prefers the SE’s to be lighter. Check him out on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 108
 01-15-2018, 07:04 PM
User Info
I’ve used the aluminum General several times the past few weeks and I’m truly impressed. The razor is becoming a favorite of mine, providing great shaves without fuss. I have a stainless steel General on the way, really excited to see how the shave compares.

17 766
 01-15-2018, 08:13 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-15-2018, 07:04 PM)chiefthunder Wrote: I’ve used the aluminum General several times the past few weeks and I’m truly impressed. The razor is becoming a favorite of mine, providing great shaves without fuss. I have a stainless steel General on the way, really excited to see how the shave compares.

If you're at all like me, you'll love it! I used my stainless General this morning. The more I use it, the more it seems to be headed toward the top of the heap of my AC blade razors. The ATT SE2 and Asylum RX are quaking in their boots...

7 453
 01-19-2018, 05:48 AM
User Info
[Image: 7DrvZWO.jpg]

A superb shave from a superb razor

8 944
 01-19-2018, 06:48 AM
User Info
Used my brass General yesterday with a new Schick Proline blade. That blade is really smooth and I could barely feel it. Even though it was smooth and I could barely feel it, absolute BBS with barely any effort. Think I will try that blade in my Asylum RX to see if it’s as smooth. As for now, I think i like the Feather Super blades the best in my SS and Brass Generals.

3 1,093
 01-21-2018, 09:16 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I have purchased the Aluminum, Brass and SS General. I didn't like the Aluminum to mild, I liked the Brass even though it was also mild (vertually no blade feel), smooth and efficent for a quick DFS I don't think the Brass could ever bite back. The SS I found to be the best for me of the 3. I get blade feel yet smooth, good feedback always letting me know how my shave is progressing getting a light BBS. 

52 557
 01-21-2018, 02:20 PM
User Info
(01-21-2018, 09:16 AM)bijou Wrote: I have purchased the Aluminum, Brass and SS General. I didn't like the Aluminum to mild, I liked the Brass even though it was also mild (vertually no blade feel), smooth and efficent for a quick DFS I don't think the Brass could ever bite back. The SS I found to be the best for me of the 3. I get blade feel yet smooth, good feedback always letting me know how my shave is progressing getting a light BBS. 

I thought they were all made to exactly the same specs.

5 1,706
 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(01-21-2018, 02:20 PM)shave/brush Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 09:16 AM)bijou Wrote: I have purchased the Aluminum, Brass and SS General. I didn't like the Aluminum to mild, I liked the Brass even though it was also mild (vertually no blade feel), smooth and efficent for a quick DFS I don't think the Brass could ever bite back. The SS I found to be the best for me of the 3. I get blade feel yet smooth, good feedback always letting me know how my shave is progressing getting a light BBS. 

I have no idea about they,re product business plan, what i do know is how their razor shave. The aluminum and brass are similiar in blade feel though the Brass has a touch more blade feel. The SS has more pronounced blade feel yet not overly aggressive. One thing about all General,s they are mild efficent shavers, the SS follows this patern but with a nice feel of blade and very accurate feedback.

52 557
 01-21-2018, 08:05 PM
User Info
(01-21-2018, 07:26 PM)bijou Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 02:20 PM)shave/brush Wrote:

I have no idea about they,re product business plan, what i do know is how their razor shave. The aluminum and brass are similiar in blade feel though the Brass has a touch more blade feel. The SS has more pronounced blade feel yet not overly aggressive. One thing about all General,s they are mild efficent shavers, the SS follows this patern but with a nice feel of blade and very accurate feedback.

Is it possible that, among three razors of identical geometry but different materials, the heavier of the three will seem more aggressive just by dint of the fact that it's more likely to exert pressure when applied to the skin?

9 143
 01-21-2018, 08:17 PM
User Info
(01-21-2018, 08:05 PM)BrickHud Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 02:20 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I thought they were all made to exactly the same specs.

Is it possible that, among three razors of identical geometry but different materials, the heavier of the three will seem more aggressive just by dint of the fact that it's more likely to exert pressure when applied to the skin?

I believe the brass one weights the most.

5 1,706
 01-21-2018, 09:31 PM
User Info
(01-21-2018, 08:05 PM)BrickHud Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 02:20 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I thought they were all made to exactly the same specs.

I believe weight plays a big part. My titanium .95 open comb shaved very differently than the stainless steel brother.

I have had all three generals and all though same specs, shave slightly different IMHO.

1 108
 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
User Info
I have the aluminum and the brass and I prefer the aluminum, although lately I've been using the Proline blade in a Feather SS kamisori.  And by lately, I mean starting on December 30th and continuing every day.  

I haven't quite decided yet whether this is the best way to use the Proline or not.  It's harder to do, for sure, but it sure shaves great.

3 1,746
 01-22-2018, 02:25 PM
User Info
(01-22-2018, 02:13 PM)kingfisher Wrote: I have the aluminum and the brass and I prefer the aluminum, although lately I've been using the Proline blade in a Feather SS kamisori.  And by lately, I mean starting on December 30th and continuing every day.  

I haven't quite decided yet whether this is the best way to use the Proline or not.  It's harder to do, for sure, but it sure shaves great.

Just started using a Proline blade in my Asylum Rx and it’s a wonderful match! Very smooth and sharp blade.

3 1,093
 01-22-2018, 03:26 PM
User Info
The Brass General today with a Feather Pro Super. Just a fantastic shave. Ive tried all blades and they work wonderfully with it. But my favorite is the Super paired with the Brass General. While still maintaining very good smoothness, it gets an extra boost in efficiency and blade feel, not a lot but definitely noticeable. And it's all the difference in the world for me. Blade life is nowhere near the others, but the quality and feel of shave is unparalleled imo.... Shaving

[Image: OWYTh5u.jpg]

1 194
 01-22-2018, 05:30 PM
User Info
(01-22-2018, 03:26 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote: The Brass General today with a Feather Pro Super. Just a fantastic shave. Ive tried all blades and they work wonderfully with it. But my favorite is the Super paired with the Brass General. While still maintaining very good smoothness, it gets an extra boost in efficiency and blade feel, not a lot but definitely noticeable. And it's all the difference in the world for me. Blade life is nowhere near the others, but the quality and feel of shave is unparalleled imo.... Shaving

+1 for me and add the stainless steel General with a Feather Super to that list too. I tried the Schick Proline the other day and although it was very smooth and efficient, I still like the Feather Supers in all of the Generals the best.

3 1,093
 01-22-2018, 06:09 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(01-22-2018, 05:30 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:26 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote: The Brass General today with a Feather Pro Super. Just a fantastic shave. Ive tried all blades and they work wonderfully with it. But my favorite is the Super paired with the Brass General. While still maintaining very good smoothness, it gets an extra boost in efficiency and blade feel, not a lot but definitely noticeable. And it's all the difference in the world for me. Blade life is nowhere near the others, but the quality and feel of shave is unparalleled imo.... Shaving

+1 for me and add the stainless steel General with a Feather Super to that list too.  I tried the Schick Proline the other day and although it was very smooth and efficient, I still like the Feather Supers in all of the General the best.

I agree with you, I did not like the proline, i,m all feather super

52 557
 01-23-2018, 04:45 AM
User Info

+1 for me and add the stainless steel General with a Feather Super to that list too. I tried the Schick Proline the other day and although it was very smooth and efficient, I still like the Feather Supers in all of the Generals the best.

Yes, I also prefer the Super in the SS General also. I don't have the aluminium version as I tend to prefer heavier razors.

1 194
 01-23-2018, 05:20 AM
User Info
(01-22-2018, 06:09 PM)bijou Wrote:

+1 for me and add the stainless steel General with a Feather Super to that list too.  I tried the Schick Proline the other day and although it was very smooth and efficient, I still like the Feather Supers in all of the General the best.

Well, it's not that the Proline is bad for me, it's actually quite good truthfully. I just prefer the more blade feel of the Super over the Proline in the Generals. In contrast, I enjoy the Proline in a couple other AC style razors like the Claymore, MR SE, the original El Jefe and the SS Hawk. Every razor&blade combo will work and react differently to every shaver.

In the end, every shaver will champion their own blade and razor combination. And there is certainly no harm in that. I can't stress enough the edict of YMMV in this topic......  Thumbsup

1 194
 01-23-2018, 05:25 AM
User Info
(01-23-2018, 05:20 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 06:09 PM)bijou Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 05:30 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote: +1 for me and add the stainless steel General with a Feather Super to that list too.  I tried the Schick Proline the other day and although it was very smooth and efficient, I still like the Feather Supers in all of the General the best.

Well, it's not that the Proline is bad for me, it's actually quite good truthfully. I just prefer the more blade feel of the Super over the Proline in the Generals. In contrast, I enjoy the Proline in a couple other AC style razors like the Claymore, MR SE, the original El Jefe and the SS Hawk. Every razor&blade combo will work and react differently to every shaver.

In the end, every shaver will champion their own blade and razor combination. And there is certainly no harm in that. I can't stress enough the edict of YMMV in this topic......  Thumbsup

I totally agree with you on this. I still love the Proline blade, I just don’t like it in the General. Love it in my Asylum Rx and the have not tried it in my SS Hawk.

3 1,093
 01-23-2018, 06:23 AM
User Info
It could be you guys like the Feather Pro Super in the General because it is a mild razor. I should have tried a Super in my General before I gave up on them. I used it in my Alumigoose v1 which is my most aggressive AC razor.

5 1,706