03-13-2017, 11:56 PM
User Info
I concur, this razor is among my favorites and I can't wait to get my hands on a brass version provided it shaves the same.

0 175
 03-14-2017, 01:10 AM
User Info
(03-13-2017, 06:10 PM)SweetReason Wrote: This may as well be my favorite razor. Super comfy, mild shave while being extra efficient. It almost feels like I'm cheating when I use this razor. I'm waiting patiently for the Stainless Steel version to be released.

The new version of the general will be in brass. I can not wait to see her arrive. Brass is an excellent thermal conductor.

0 210
 03-15-2017, 03:35 PM
User Info
Stainless is supposed to be coming late summer early fall according to Kirk.

0 24
 03-18-2017, 08:52 PM
User Info
Just got my discounted aluminum head today. I plan to pair it with the Matador S5 handle, which nicely matches the matte finish. My black General + Charcoal Goods copper handle is in the regular rotation. I usually prefer more aggressive shavers, but the General is a nice change of pace.

0 50
 03-19-2017, 05:47 AM
User Info
(03-18-2017, 08:52 PM)Viseguy Wrote: Just got my discounted aluminum head today. I plan to pair it with the Matador S5 handle, which nicely matches the matte finish. My black General + Charcoal Goods copper handle is in the regular rotation. I usually prefer more aggressive shavers, but the General is a nice change of pace.

I feel the same way about the General. I usually prefer a more aggressive razor also but as you said, the General gives a nice close shave and is a change of pace.

5 1,449
 03-19-2017, 05:47 PM
User Info
I should never read these threads on razors I don't yet own. Enablers! I love a good SE razor, and my RR Hawk is a good shave paired with the Pro Super. Looking forward to trying the General as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

0 45
 03-20-2017, 09:03 AM
User Info
I do not know if this has been posted in the thread or not, but I wanted to share something that happened to me this weekend.  I was cleaning my OneBlade in a dilutled solution of Simple Green - soaking off the Feather blade glue - and decided I would go ahead and soak my silver General after the OneBlade was done.  I only had enough solution to soak the head and part of the handle and, as it did not have any glue on it, I left it in for only an hour.  When I pulled it out I immediately noticed the anondized coating was changed where the Simple Green touched the razor.  It now has a whitish haze over the silver compared to when received.  Lesson here: DO NOT SOAK YOUR GENERAL IN SIMPLE GREEN.  I typically just rinse with hot water, but decided to use the Simple Green for a "deeper clean" because I had it available.  Big mistake!   

59 427
 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Aluminum made razors and their coating are very sensitive in general( see what I did there). Barbicide is not also not recommended.

Sorry to hear that, Michael.

48 1,877
 03-20-2017, 09:11 AM
User Info
Sorry to hear about that Michael, and thanks for posting this to educate us.  There are a growing number of aluminum razors available, and I suspect most of us assume Simple Green is a safe cleaner.

39 3,976
 03-20-2017, 10:57 AM
User Info
Bad things happen to the greatest of guys. Murphys law I'm afraid.

0 175
 03-20-2017, 12:59 PM
User Info
Thank you very much for the heads up.  I am sorry it happened to you Michael but at least I hope this can now be avoided.

0 140
 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM
User Info
(03-20-2017, 12:59 PM)White Tuna Wrote: at least I hope this can now be avoided.

+1 Someone had to do it. I am happy to take one for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 427
 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM
User Info
Thanks for the heads up Michael.
Update from my side everyone : I just came back home from work and have the general now in hand. I shaved in morning today so will give it a go tomorrow evening.

Just a question, there are some blades in here which have non-english words on it, not sure what brand are they, can anyone help?

4 103
 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM
User Info
(03-20-2017, 04:44 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Just a question, there are some bladed in here which have non-english words on it, not sure what brand are they, can anyone help?

All of the blades were manufactured in Japan (I believe), unless there are some others now in the tour box. If you can post a photo I, or someone else, can surely help in deciphering which is which (e.g., Feather Pro, Super Pro, ProGuard).

59 427
 03-21-2017, 05:55 AM
User Info
(03-20-2017, 09:03 AM)poonjaji Wrote: I do not know if this has been posted in the thread or not, but I wanted to share something that happened to me this weekend.  I was cleaning my OneBlade in a dilutled solution of Simple Green - soaking off the Feather blade glue - and decided I would go ahead and soak my silver General after the OneBlade was done.  I only had enough solution to soak the head and part of the handle and, as it did not have any glue on it, I left it in for only an hour.  When I pulled it out I immediately noticed the anondized coating was changed where the Simple Green touched the razor.  It now has a whitish haze over the silver compared to when received.  Lesson here: DO NOT SOAK YOUR GENERAL IN SIMPLE GREEN.  I typically just rinse with hot water, but decided to use the Simple Green for a "deeper clean" because I had it available.  Big mistake!   

That's a shame to here that happened and I for one am not surprised. I haven't used Simple Green in at least 7yrs now as I had the same thing happen to a $250 brand new kitchen faucet I was installing for a customer of mine and had to replace the faucet out of pocket, so learned my lesson and was the last time I ever used it. That is, imo, the worst cleaning solution in the world that man ever invented!!

0 24
 03-21-2017, 04:19 PM
User Info
(03-20-2017, 07:35 PM)poonjaji Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 04:44 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Just a question, there are some bladed in here which have non-english words on it, not sure what brand are they, can anyone help?

All of the blades were manufactured in Japan (I believe), unless there are some others now in the tour box. If you can post a photo I, or someone else, can surely help in deciphering which is which (e.g., Feather Pro, Super Pro, ProGuard).

Ok those are feathers, didnt see it written on the side

Ok all set for my first shave. Will be using my new wolf whiskers brush for the first time with my all time favorite soap.

[Image: 414e19dbb0eada4a4c09edec72233be2.jpg]

4 103