10-21-2017, 11:44 AM
User Info
Today I'm wearing Histoire de Parfums 1725 'Casanova'.

Very well balanced lavender, anise, almond, amber, vanilla, cedar, sandalwood powdery composition.

Great blend by....an unknown perfumer ??

Barbershop like in feel, also a feel of iris, yet iris is not listed as part of the notes in this fragrance.
Dior Homme vibe from this, but not a clone at all. This is its own fragrance. Love the vibe I get from this all night long.
Longevity: All night long, but no longer than that - 6-8 hours. 

It's in my personal Top 50 among the fragarnces I own. Always look forward to wearing this, the 2-3 times a year I wear it.
It is a unisex fragrance, all frags are, but this can definitely be worn by a woman too.

[Image: histoires-de-parfums-1725-unisex-eau-de-...9b425a.jpg]

24 5,972
 10-21-2017, 11:51 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
YSL La nuit de l' homme

It's a favorite.

49 1,999
 10-21-2017, 09:42 PM
  • Bouki
  • Sandwich Islands
User Info
Kyoto (Comme des Garçons) cedar, Japanese cypress (hinoki), incense
Clean, terpenic, and a little peppery, Kyoto is the smell of hinoki incense. The cypress eventually dries down to sweet cedar tinged with just a wisp of smoke. It’s not a complex fragrance, but its simplicity perfectly matched the mood of my visit to a Buddhist temple today.

[Image: tKesf8o.png]

5 140
 10-21-2017, 11:01 PM
User Info
Caron - Yatagan

[Image: T25Sjqx.jpg]

0 357
 10-22-2017, 06:53 AM
User Info
Creed - Virgin Island Water

Still warm here, so decided to break out the lime, rum and coconut!

[Image: 1AOxIAa.png]

0 491
 10-22-2017, 07:42 AM
User Info
To Claus: Thank you.

Today I am wearing Helmut Lang & Cuiron. Current version. Imagine (remember Tongue ) you bought new Bugatti Veyron. You sit down into cocpit and can smell finest luxurious leather, wood, bergamot, pepper and yes , some plastic. Smell of luxurious leather is very nice, but on the other hand, who wants to smell like car interior ... Smile

[Image: 3B0Tma3.jpg]

0 73
 10-22-2017, 08:22 AM
User Info
(10-22-2017, 07:42 AM)Petronius Wrote: To Claus: Thank you.

Today I am wearing Helmut Lang & Cuiron. Current version. Imagine (remember ) you bought new Bugatti Veyron. You sit down into cocpit and can smell finest luxurious leather, wood, bergamot, pepper and yes , some plastic. Smell of luxurious leather is very nice, but on the other hand, who wants to smell like car interior ...

[Image: 3B0Tma3.jpg]

That's almost the same vibe I get when I am wearing Adjatay by The Different Company. One of my bank's branch is in a high end commercial tower and they always have tuberose oil Lamps in the lobby. Some of the plush hotels have the same stuff going. I have literally stopped wearing it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 804
 10-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(10-21-2017, 11:44 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Today I'm wearing Histoire de Parfums 1725 'Casanova'.

Very well balanced lavender, anise, almond, amber, vanilla, cedar, sandalwood powdery composition.

Barbershop like in feel, also a feel of iris, yet iris is not listed as part of the notes in this fragrance.
Dior Homme vibe from this, but not a clone at all. This is its own fragrance. Love the vibe I get from this all night long.

It's in my personal Top 50 among the fragarnces I own. Always look forward to wearing this, the 2-3 times a year I wear it.
It is a unisex fragrance, all frags are, but this can definitely be worn by a woman too.

Claus...many people compare 1725 Casanova to MDCI Invasion Barbare. Have you tried both?  Personally I really like IB but have not had a chance to try 1725.

168 1,392
 10-22-2017, 01:35 PM
User Info
(10-22-2017, 10:31 AM)Steelman Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 11:44 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Today I'm wearing Histoire de Parfums 1725 'Casanova'.

Claus...many people compare 1725 Casanova to MDCI Invasion Barbare. Have you tried both?  Personally I really like IB but have not had a chance to try 1725.

I have a decant of IB, a 40 ml decant.

IB is a more classic mature old style fougere with the violet leaf, pepper and lavender much in the foreground to my nose and then a darkness.
IB has excellent longevity on me, 12+ hours.

1725 definitely has some of the same vibes as IB, but I get more of the almond, anise, citrus and woody notes in 1725. 1725 is also slightly more soft, iris and feminine to my nose.

What do I prefer then ?
BOTH !, but 1725 by a hair over IB.

I would have to rate IB 9,75/10 and 1725 10/10

IB is the darker brother of 1725. 1725 is softer and more well rounded.

If on a budget, I would just get YSL Rive Gauche, Prada Amber Pour Homme and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

24 5,972
 10-22-2017, 01:47 PM
User Info
This evening I'm wearing: Hermès Equipage, my bottle was bought in 2012.

This a very well crafted mature fragrance, not for people under the age of 35 in my view.

A highly complex desginer fragrance, not for the average Joe. 
I read this on Fragrantica, which in detail describes what I get from Equipage: "It's soapy, spicy, woody, floral, earthy and a little smokey"

A mess of a fragrance ? NO! But a fragrance from the past, for the mature nose.
Really a masterpiece in its own right.
They don't make fragrances like this anymore.

[Image: 375x500.7.jpg]

24 5,972
 10-22-2017, 01:59 PM
User Info
[Image: 94a96e813af256b3b204919914fc12d1--fragrances.jpg][Image: 94a96e813af256b3b204919914fc12d1--fragrances.jpg]

Quote:The end justifies the means. For women and men, the spirit of conquest sometimes leads us down unexpected paths. To win the most worthy of all battles – the game of seduction –, there need to be strategies, sharp tactics and the determined desire, always, to triumph. On a playing field that only men used to enjoy, L'Art de la Guerre shakes up the rules, mixing the nostalgic freshness of fern with the spicy and smoky notes of eternity.

0 48
 10-22-2017, 05:28 PM
  • Bouki
  • Sandwich Islands
User Info
Cuir de Russie, edt (Les Exclusifs de Chanel) jasmine, ylang ylang, citrus, birch tar, cedar
The current eau de toilette of this remarkable fragrance opens as wonderful blend of jasmine, birch tar, and balsam. But after thirty minutes, it dries down to a soapy leather that’s as weak as water. On me, it dissipates to something less than a skin scent even. It’s a trace, a whiff, a soupçon that’s gone after two hours, just a fleeting brush with fame. To think I was hoping for a chauffeured Bentley and an engraved invitation to dinner at the chalet.
[Image: 4E3hZDn.png]

5 140
 Yesterday, 01:36 AM
User Info
Guerlain - Vetiver

[Image: 36k35wR.jpg]

0 357
 Yesterday, 06:33 AM
User Info
Creed - Silver Mountain Water

Great summer frag, with enough depth for fall.

[Image: wa5TltA.png]

0 491
 Yesterday, 09:15 AM
User Info
Diptyque & L'Ombre Dans L'Eau - feminine fruity rose. When you close your eyes, you can smell field full of dark red narkotic roses ... For truly rose lovers. [Image: SVlCLHT.jpg]

0 73
 Yesterday, 11:53 AM
User Info
Today I’m wearing yet another favourite of mine. Very underrated and well blended fragrance. Not quite potent enough for winter, so fall is where I prefer to wear this. A woody, spicy opening with a faint rose in the background. Incense kicking in later with a dry nutty element. Love it.
Penhaligon Elixir.
Longevity: 5-7 hours. Mild projection.
Great cosy well blended fragrance. Love it.
[Image: a444d5f9d8f25b68a6a574e5a779eb50.jpg]

24 5,972
 7 hours ago
  • Bouki
  • Sandwich Islands
User Info
Vetiver (Etro) sage & vetiver
This opens brilliantly with a flourish of dirty sage that gives the vetiver some roots. But when it’s gone, after about fifteen minutes, the fragrance dries down to the same linear vetiver that can be had in fragrances half the price. Like most vetivers, this is a quiet, private scent. 
[Image: LpDRfcN.png]

5 140
 3 hours ago
User Info
Imaginary Authors - The Soft Lawn

[Image: Ia92nLQ.jpg]

0 357