07-11-2016, 03:28 PM
User Info
(07-11-2016, 03:12 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I bought one last wekk - will arrive tomorrow or so.........

Will continue to buy all the Nuavia's, because they are just so good performers for me and great scents and great presentation - all in one, price about the same as Martin de Candre, but better performance imho.

Signs011 I agree on all points. Nuavia is at the very top of the heap for me. I'm very happy they came up with a scent that is geared toward the warmer weather.

8 837
 07-11-2016, 03:44 PM
User Info
I just pre-ordered mine from The Handlebar Supply. $62, with free shipping. When I think of shaving soap, I think of my Rosso and Blu. Soon I will also think about my Verde.

5 239
 07-11-2016, 03:59 PM
User Info
(07-11-2016, 03:27 PM)nikos.a Wrote: In my humble opinion, no soap deserves 55 euros. I have both the Nuavias and bought them almost a year ago, when the price was 40 euros, an expensive but affordable price for many wet shavers. Now the price is ridiculous, sorry. I am not going to follow the hype this time, because I respect my money. During the last months, I've tried some excellent performing soaps like CRSW and Savon de Volcans. Are they better performers than Nuavia soaps? Yes. Do I really need an overpriced soap to feed my ego? Not at all.

Compared to my Martin de Candre soaps including the shipping, the price will be the same - not cheap by any means, and not better than the two you mention, which are considerably cheaper, but I'm a sucker for the Nuavia presentation  Biggrin

I bought all the MDC's, and will continue to buy the Nuavias, as long as he does not go berserk with the number of Nuavia's - but I could see myself ending up buying all the new Nuavia's up until I own 10-12 of them.

But I certainly can understand your point of view, and I also think he should release refills, at least for the buyers, that can prove they already own the ceramic dish.

But with the number of soaps in my den, emptying a Nuavia pot is years into the future, 10-12 years probably.

I'm currently working hard on emptying the ceramic dish CRSW of Le Chypre Sombre /Drakkar Noir, because I already bought it in the tin container version, I just need the  CRSW ceramic bowl for my 250 gram Boellis Panama soap  Cool But I realize, I probably have to scrape it out, because I just can't seem to use it up fast enough, even using it once a week, it will take a year or more to finish it.

Mu Nuavia's are probalby being used once every 2-3 months, if in normal rotation, thus it can take a decade before I need a refill or new one.

24 5,618
 07-11-2016, 04:33 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Claus, I really can't find any major differences between the CRSW or the Savon de Volcans and the Nuavias. I do really believe that the latter are not better in any term than the first two. Our American friends are really fortunate that have a great artisan company like CRSW and they don't have to pay the very expensive shipping cost we pay every time we make orders from the States. I downsized my soap collection to 22 soaps at the moment. The Nuavias are two of them. I like them but they are not the best I have tried. If they hadn't the nice ceramic dish, they would have been another two good soaps with nice overpowering scents like many other artisanal products are. That is my opinion. I was one of the first guys that trusted Pannacrema on their new soap line, but I don't like their new marketing policy at all. Nuavia line doesn't deserve the large amount of money they ask for. The ceramic dish costs much more than the soap itself, their costs are very small. Not to mention that they tried to convince us that their Pure2O is a totally new product that performs excellent, while the differences between that and their previous tallow offering are not detectable. All the guys that are amazed about how good the Pure2O formula performs on some forums, I am almost sure they haven't tried the now discontinued Pannacrema classic line. They act like they discovered the American continent. Really? My point is that there are plenty of excellent soaps out there, but we still look for overpriced products of makers that focus more on their marketing tactic than other more important things.

49 1,882
 07-11-2016, 04:52 PM
User Info
(07-11-2016, 04:33 PM)nikos.a Wrote: Claus, I really can't find any major differences between the CRSW or the Savon de Volcans and the Nuavias. I do really believe that the latter are not better in any term than the first two. Our American friends are really fortunate that have a great artisan company like CRSW and they don't have to pay the very expensive shipping cost we pay every time we make orders from the States. I downsized my soap collection to 22 soaps at the moment. The Nuavias are two of them. I like them but they are not the best I have tried. If they hadn't the nice ceramic dish, they would have been another two good soaps with nice overpowering scents like many other artisanal products are. That is my opinion. I was one of the first guys that trusted Pannacrema on their new soap line, but I don't like their new marketing policy at all. Nuavia line doesn't deserve the large amount of money they ask for. The ceramic dish costs much more than the soap itself, their costs are very small. Not to mention that they tried to convince us that their Pure2O is a totally new product that performs excellent, while the differences between that and their previous tallow offering are not detectable. All the guys that are amazed about how good the Pure2O formula performs on some forums, I am almost sure they haven't tried the now discontinued Pannacrema classic line. They act like they discovered the American continent. Really? My point is that there are plenty of excellent soaps out there, but we still look for overpriced products of makers that focus more on their marketing tactic than other more important things.

I appreciate this perspective. Everyone is different. In my case, for example, I enjoy my CRSW very much, but find Nuavia, B&M and Tabac to be better soaps. (I haven't tried Savon--yet.) If I were fiscally smart about this stuff, I'd buy Tabac, and only Tabac, and in bulk when Perfumania is essentially giving it away for free, but I don't. Whether I find Nuavia to be my favorite because it really is the best, or has the coolest container, or has the best scent, or costs a lot, who knows? I do know that I really enjoy my MdC as well, but I think I like Tabac and CRSW better. And they're a lot cheaper.

5 239
 07-11-2016, 05:31 PM
User Info
(07-11-2016, 04:33 PM)nikos.a Wrote: Claus, I really can't find any major differences between the CRSW or the Savon de Volcans and the Nuavias. I do really believe that the latter are not better in any term than the first two. Our American friends are really fortunate that have a great artisan company like CRSW and they don't have to pay the very expensive shipping cost we pay every time we make orders from the States. I downsized my soap collection to 22 soaps at the moment. The Nuavias are two of them. I like them but they are not the best I have tried. If they hadn't the nice ceramic dish, they would have been another two good soaps with nice overpowering scents like many other artisanal products are. That is my opinion. I was one of the first guys that trusted Pannacrema on their new soap line, but I don't like their new marketing policy at all. Nuavia line doesn't deserve the large amount of money they ask for. The ceramic dish costs much more than the soap itself, their costs are very small. Not to mention that they tried to convince us that their Pure2O is a totally new product that performs excellent, while the differences between that and their previous tallow offering are not detectable. All the guys that are amazed about how good the Pure2O formula performs on some forums, I am almost sure they haven't tried the now discontinued Pannacrema classic line. They act like they discovered the American continent. Really? My point is that there are plenty of excellent soaps out there, but we still look for overpriced products of makers that focus more on their marketing tactic than other more important things.

I don't understand what you mean....

144 883
 07-11-2016, 05:48 PM
User Info

I disagree entirely with your line of reasoning. PannaCrema and CRSW are very similar when it comes to pricing. CRSW released a ceramic bowl with a soap for $50. Nuavia is $60. PannaCrema's regular tallow line is $14.36 and CRSW charges $16.50. Would you buy the more expensive CRSW soap if given the chance? More fair, I think, to compare Nuavia to the CRSW LE and not the regular line...

144 883
 07-11-2016, 06:49 PM
User Info
I'm not buying until I can get a refill or regular container.

The crocks look nice, but I don't have room for them. I have enough delicate stuff to worry about. That and I shower shave. I'm not going to haul a ceramic dish into the shower and risk dropping it. I just want to toss the soap in a Grundtal tin and stick it to the wall with the rest of them when not in use.

7 1,202
 07-11-2016, 09:55 PM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
(07-11-2016, 06:49 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: I'm not buying until I can get a refill

Absolutely. Whether or not I would ever finish the thing, the fact that they don't offer a refill just doesn't sit right with me.

55 2,355
 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM
User Info
My limit price for a shaving soap would be around the €60-70, so Nuavia and CRSW Select Ceramic as well as MDC (with shipping), all falls into the expensive but not intolerable expensive category for me.
As said Nuavia price compared to MDC and CRSW Ceramic is about the same.

I do have a limit. For instance both my Czech & Spraks are with the wooden containers from Phil. My Boellis is bought in the 250 gram block and I plan to use the CRSW Ceramic bowl for it.

24 5,618
 07-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-11-2016, 05:31 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

I don't understand what you mean....
If you knew the history of Pannacrema as an artisan maker, how they act now and back in the days that some of us were buying their products directly from them because there was no reseller to offer their soaps, you would have no questions. I tried their soaps for the first time more than two years ago, not recently like many wet shavers did after they started offering the Nuavia line.

49 1,882
 07-12-2016, 10:10 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-11-2016, 05:48 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

I disagree entirely with your line of reasoning. PannaCrema and CRSW are very similar when it comes to pricing. CRSW released a ceramic bowl with a soap for $50. Nuavia is $60. PannaCrema's regular tallow line is $14.36 and CRSW charges $16.50. Would you buy the more expensive CRSW soap if given the chance? More fair, I think, to compare Nuavia to the CRSW LE and not the regular line...
I will tell you one more thing. I bought both the Nuavias for 40 euros each, while the CRSW v.2 cost me almost 40 dollars each to order them. Do you see any major difference? Shipping has also a cost to the final customer.

From my perspective, you compare two different things. A LE of CRSW with limited soaps available each time that you have to be very quick and lucky to get one, while the Nuavia soaps are always available to buy them from the resellers and directly from the Pannacrema. It would be more fair to compare two standard and not LE offerings. The comparison I did in the previous posts had to do with the performance- price ratio and not with the presentation- price ratio. I don't give much attention to the presentation, performance is what matters to me the most. To answer your question, I would not buy the CRSW LE because it would cost me more than 75$ to get it here, nor any Nuavia soap with the new pricing. As I said above, no soap deserves that amount of money whatsoever. I am not a collector, even though I have a little more than 20 soaps, and I am not convinced that I have to buy any new soap that hits the market just to use it four times a year or post pictures in the SOTD threads. I am a wet shaver that tries to enjoy all of his products.

I don't want to convince anyone, this is not my intention. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. I won't continue any further discussion here, there is no need to say more.

49 1,882
 07-12-2016, 10:21 AM
User Info
(07-12-2016, 10:10 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 05:48 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

I will tell you one more thing. I bought both the Nuavias for 40 euros each, while the CRSW v.2 cost me almost 40 dollars each to order them. Do you see any major difference? Shipping has also a cost to the final customer.

From my perspective, you compare two different things. A LE of CRSW with limited soaps available each time that you have to be very quick and lucky to get one, while the Nuavia soaps are always available to buy them from the resellers and directly from the Pannacrema. It would be more fair to compare two standard and not LE offerings. The comparison I did in the previous posts had to do with the performance- price ratio and not with the presentation- price ratio. I don't give much attention to the presentation, performance is what matters to me the most. To answer your question, I would not buy the CRSW LE because it would cost me more than 75$ to get it here, nor any Nuavia soap with the new pricing. As I said above, no soap deserves that amount of money whatsoever. I am not a collector, even though I have a little more than 20 soaps, and I am not convinced that I have to buy any new soap that hits the market just to use it four times a year or post pictures in the SOTD threads. I am a wet shaver that tries to enjoy all of his products.

I don't want to convince anyone, this is not my intention. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. I won't continue any further discussion here, there is no need to say more.
I keep a very small rotation of soaps now, and Nuavia is one of my favorites. I understand and fully support anyone unwilling to pay the premium on a luxury soap. I also agree that there are many people who buy the latest and greatest just so they can be seen in the SOTD threads. I spend a bit more on soaps, but I have a much smaller collection than most. I have used CRSW in the past and I would say that Nuavia stand above them in terms of scent, performance and presentation, but I would say that is the case for Nuavia versus almost anything else on the market. My current basis for comparison would be Jabonman. I own a few of these soaps and find performance, scent, and price to be unbeatable. I just think Nuavia is a step above. Going to pick up my Verde from FedEx within the hour....

144 883
 07-13-2016, 10:48 PM
User Info
(07-11-2016, 03:27 PM)nikos.a Wrote: In my humble opinion, no soap deserves 55 euros. I have both the Nuavias and bought them almost a year ago, when the price was 40 euros, an expensive but affordable price for many wet shavers. Now the price is ridiculous, sorry. I am not going to follow the hype this time, because I respect my money. During the last months, I tried some excellent performing soaps like CRSW and Savon de Volcans. Are they better performers than Nuavia soaps? Yes. Do I really need an overpriced soap to feed my ego? Not at all.
Cant wait to try nuavia.

0 87
 07-14-2016, 12:54 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-13-2016, 10:48 PM)Thundert65 Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 03:27 PM)nikos.a Wrote: In my humble opinion, no soap deserves 55 euros. I have both the Nuavias and bought them almost a year ago, when the price was 40 euros, an expensive but affordable price for many wet shavers. Now the price is ridiculous, sorry. I am not going to follow the hype this time, because I respect my money. During the last months, I tried some excellent performing soaps like CRSW and Savon de Volcans. Are they better performers than Nuavia soaps? Yes. Do I really need an overpriced soap to feed my ego? Not at all.
Why dont you feed my ego and send me those soaps.  If you have all these problems with the way they do things and are angry at the price, and saying that people who buy it only to use it 3-4 times a year are.........    
You have 20 +soaps so you either use yours 12 times a year or use a few and let the rest sit, and whats so bad about people liking the pure20. Jist because you like the tallow doesnt mean that they are idiots for liking the new formula. They like it, let them be excited. 
You are entitled to your opinions, but my point is you dont have to take subtle and not so subtle jabs at people over something that, in the big picture of life, is insignificant. Let the people enjoy what they enjoy and keep your grumpiness to yourself. Have a good day.
Seriously? Give me a break.

If you have your own problems, I am not here to solve them for you.

49 1,882
 07-14-2016, 03:35 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(07-11-2016, 03:59 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: But I certainly can understand your point of view, and I also think he should release refills, at least for the buyers, that can prove they already own the ceramic dish.

But with the number of soaps in my den, emptying a Nuavia pot is years into the future, 10-12 years probably.
Oh my, If proof of ownership is instituted I'll never own Nuavia. I, too, will wait for the puck only offering, but given my luck, it'll probably come out at a cost that is too close to the price of soap/cream plus container to make it worthwhile. Yeah, I make value judgments all the time, but don't we all?

Buying soaps beyond current need is a young man's game to play. I'm probably already past my reasonable number, but continue to buy. Why? Because it's fun!

0 363
 07-15-2016, 09:19 AM
User Info
(07-14-2016, 03:35 AM)beamon Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 03:59 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: But I certainly can understand your point of view, and I also think he should release refills, at least for the buyers, that can prove they already own the ceramic dish.

Oh my, If proof of ownership is instituted I'll never own Nuavia. I, too, will wait for the puck only offering, but given my luck, it'll probably come out at a cost that is too close to the price of soap/cream plus container to make it worthwhile. Yeah, I make value judgments all the time, but don't we all?

Buying soaps beyond current need is a young man's game to play. I'm probably already past my reasonable number, but continue to buy. Why? Because it's fun!

Amen to this.  I hear you won't be plucked from this planet until all of your soaps are gone.

8 49
 07-15-2016, 12:09 PM
User Info
From someone that has Verde can they please describe the scent and give impressions.

4 642
 07-16-2016, 02:02 AM
User Info
As with others, the scent to me is lighter than the others, it does whip up slightly more in lather but is 'cooler' 'lighter' and definitely sweeter, rather than the deeper scents of rosa and blu. Great for a couple of afternoon shaves in the hot weather this last week. I hope this helps, I am not the most sophisticated with scents. 

I am new to the NUAVIA soaps (2 within the last 2 months and verde this past week). I am untainted by previously created expectations about the brand and its marketing plans and I am a sucker for containers so I am covered there too. 
With many of the constantly top rated soaps from the forums in my den, I still feel these are my best in performance. The argument over cost to me is too subjective to comment directly on dollar value but with consistently high shipping charges and limited access to product for me living in Asia, I don't find the metrics of these comparatively prohibitive to most of my good ones. 

My opinion but I am very happy with it and will continue to follow pannacrema' offerings.

0 120
 07-17-2016, 04:37 AM
User Info
(07-16-2016, 02:02 AM)Lloydw Wrote: As with others, the scent to me is lighter than the others, it does whip up slightly more in lather but is 'cooler' 'lighter' and definitely sweeter, rather than the deeper scents of rosa and blu. Great for a couple of afternoon shaves in the hot weather this last week. I hope this helps, I am not the most sophisticated with scents. 

I am new to the NUAVIA soaps (2 within the last 2 months and verde this past week). I am untainted by previously created expectations about the brand and its marketing plans and I am a sucker for containers so I am covered there too. 
With many of the constantly top rated soaps from the forums in my den, I still feel these are my best in performance. The argument over cost to me is too subjective to comment directly on dollar value but with consistently high shipping charges and limited access to product for me living in Asia, I don't find the metrics of these comparatively prohibitive to most of my good ones. 

My opinion but I am very happy with it and will continue to follow pannacrema' offerings.

Thanks Lloyd.

0 90