07-07-2016, 09:56 AM
User Info
Good morning, ShaveNook.  I'm looking to free up some funds and some cabinet space by passing along a few items that just don't seem to get much use for me.  I am currently willing to entertain very particular trades, including:
  • Thater 3-bands and other borderline "floppy" brushes
  • Semogue Horn LE
  • Simpsons 2-band, non-Chubby/Duke
Anyway, starting with the Barrister & Mann Soap Lot, All Discontinued - $75 SOLD

[Image: DvFvz6d.jpg][Image: M9nEaEX.jpg]

Lot Includes Anise & Vetiver (Vegan Tre Citta) @ 70%, Solarion @ 90%, Fougere Imperial (Tallow) @95%, Fougere Aromatique (Tallow) @ 80%

Next up:

Vie Long 75th Anniversary 2-band brush - $100 SOLD

[Image: eqF6kdf.jpg][Image: MQSK7Yb.jpg][Image: YYbh5IP.jpg]

This brush has a hair grade that is the same as the Epsilon 2-band, but with a 24mm x 52mm loft and better handle.  In my opinion, a much superior brush in every regard that provides backbone, softness and scrub, unlike the Epsilon which is pretty overboard on backbone, scrub and density.

Next up:

Simpsons 58 Manchurian in Faux Tortoise - $200 (damn Brexit...) SOLD

[Image: PEghtzf.jpg][Image: 7dh8r4d.jpg][Image: tnaKuBS.jpg]

Gorgeous handle, superb construction all around.  A very polished example of Manchurian by Simpsons with backbone, scrub, flow-through, and density.  I've tried 3 Manchurian brushes now (a Duke, the m6 LE and this one), and I find this one to be the gentlest on the skin.  I suspect that the loft plays a large role here.  If you wanted to try a Manchurian in a handle that won't give your hand cramps, the Brexit has forced me to take a bit of a bath on this to stay "fair" compared to current list prices.

16 249
 07-07-2016, 10:00 AM
User Info
How soft do you find the tips/knot on the Vie Long?

79 1,296
 07-07-2016, 10:10 AM
User Info
(07-07-2016, 10:00 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: How soft do you find the tips/knot on the Vie Long?

I find the Vie Long to be pretty "dynamic", meaning that the tips are extremely soft, but the hair type has hefty backbone.  I have used it mostly with a long soak to loosen the backbone, and then I embrace the scrub.  With a quick wetting, I find it too rough on my face. 

To give comparison points based on my own experience, I find it to behave a lot like a much softer and better-sorted SOC badger.  It does not have squishy tips at all like Thaters, Shavemac 2-band Silvertip, older M&Fs, etc.

16 249
 07-07-2016, 10:35 AM
User Info
Killer deal on the 58!!!

10 1,652