07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
The rotation 2 swap box has just arrived. I will get pictures uploaded tomorrow. However, it is time to start getting things ready for the next rotation!

For those of you that have not done one of these boxes before:
before the box gets to you; communicate with the next person on the list. Make sure they will be home (ie. not on vacation or at a university, etc...) and ready to receive the box and make sure you have the correct address
When the box gets to you, take some stuff out and put some stuff in. Lets not fill the box with broken things or things that most of us can easily find locally.
Take pictures if you wish, but at least let us know what you took out and what you put back in.
Ship the box to the next person on the list. If the box is badly damaged, replace the box. Large flat rate boxes can be picked up at the post office for free.
This is a large flat rate priority mail box. It will cost about $15 to ship. Make sure you get tracking information!
You don't have to post the tracking number on here, but at least let myself and the next person on the list know the tracking number.
Don't try to match dollar to dollar the value of what you are taking out and what you are putting in. Have fun - this is more of an opportunity to try something different and pass on something else. However, please don't fill the box with williams, vdh, and every day products that are in most stores. However, vintage williams, vintage colgate, etc.. is another story.
This box will stay within the United States. I am sorry for all our international members, but there are several reasons for this limitation including (unfair price to ship jump for the person sending a heavy box international, inability to track, customs regulations, etc...)

If you want on the list for this rotation: What I am going to need, is A) confirmation that you are willing to take this on, B) contact information (Name, Phone number, e-mail, address). PM me with the info to get on the list.

Please PM me by August 15th if you want in on this rotation. The rotation list will be set up and announced in this thread on the 16th and the box will ship on the 17th.

The box has been packed and it is ready to go, so all I need is the information from each of you by August 15th and then it will be in the mail to first on the rotation list on the 17th.

Here is what is currently in the box:

Aftershaves, balms, colognes:
[Image: IMG_20120731_111208.jpg]

Hand salve, hair products, pre-shave balms, oils, etc...
[Image: IMG_20120731_111254.jpg]

Shaving creams:
[Image: IMG_20120731_111304.jpg]

Brushes: 2 of which are vintage
[Image: IMG_20120731_111313.jpg]

Soaps and a bag of samples (may include some cream samples)
[Image: IMG_20120731_111424.jpg]

Razor blades:
[Image: IMG_20120731_120243.jpg]

Razors:
[Image: IMG_20120731_120259.jpg]

0 253
 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  • jss
User Info
Very nice....

0 264
 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Looks good. I can't wait to see what goes in the box Aaaaa

10 1,120
 08-03-2012, 07:10 PM
User Info
PM sent..

2 396
 08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
User Info
Justin, great to see you doing this. i hope you guys in the US have fun. Enjoy.

75 20,883
 08-07-2012, 12:09 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
OK, we have four new members for the next rotation!

Now, how about all those previous members, I haven't heard from any of you. PMs will be sent to check on you all!

0 253
 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
There is still time to get on the list for this rotation!

At the moment we have (in no particular order)
  • MegaBullfrog
  • Grant_Atwood
  • Mick Toley
  • Soulska
  • Howler
  • MsBlackwolf
  • Saliavin
  • Etoyoc

0 253
 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Wow... only 8 on the rotation (and that is including myself).

The box will be mailed out on Friday like I planned. However, I really would like to see at least 10 on a rotation. Maybe after this rotation, we will take a pause for a month or two.

Anyway, the original deadline to get info in to me was today. And well, that is almost over. i don't need a day to put together the order of the rotation. So I am going to extend this until Midnight CDT tomorrow. If you want on the list, shoot me a pm with the following information. If I don't have your info, I won't add you to the list (those on the list previously, I probably have your info)

1) name
2) address
3) e-mail
4) phone number

Still just doing U.S. members.

0 253
 08-15-2012, 07:41 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(08-15-2012, 06:43 PM)etoyoc Wrote: Wow... only 8 on the rotation (and that is including myself).

The box will be mailed out on Friday like I planned. However, I really would like to see at least 10 on a rotation. Maybe after this rotation, we will take a pause for a month or two.

Anyway, the original deadline to get info in to me was today. And well, that is almost over. i don't need a day to put together the order of the rotation. So I am going to extend this until Midnight CDT tomorrow. If you want on the list, shoot me a pm with the following information. If I don't have your info, I won't add you to the list (those on the list previously, I probably have your info)

1) name
2) address
3) e-mail
4) phone number

How many people were in on the last rotation?

10 1,120
 08-16-2012, 02:44 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
(08-15-2012, 07:41 PM)MickToley Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 06:43 PM)etoyoc Wrote: Wow... only 8 on the rotation (and that is including myself).

1) name
2) address
3) e-mail
4) phone number

How many people were in on the last rotation?

It was only 9-10 people. So this rotation isn't that much shorter. However, I still would like to see a larger list. I was hoping for more members the last time around as well.

0 253
 08-17-2012, 02:54 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
OK, here is the short list in the order of the rotation:
  • Mick Toley
  • MegaBullfrog
  • MsBlackwolf
  • Grant_Atwood
  • Soulska
  • Howler
  • Saliavin
  • Etoyoc

I will be mailing the box to Michael today (if I have enough time to get the post office done during break).

As we move through the list, keep an eye on the list. When the box is heading to you, please contact the next person on the list to make sure they are ready to receive the box and to get their mailing information. Yes, I have all of your information; however, people go to school in the fall, people take vacations, people move, etc... If you can not get in touch with the next person on the list - let me know.

0 253
 08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Woo Hoo! the box is now in the mail. It should be to Michael by the middle of next week.

There will be a change in the rotation. Megabullfrog is going to be leaped over for now and will add him back in the rotation at a later point in time.
  • Mick Toley
  • MegaBullfrog moving down in the rotation
  • MsBlackwolf
  • MegaBullfrog maybe here...
  • Grant_Atwood
  • Soulska
  • Howler
  • Saliavin
  • Etoyoc

0 253
 08-17-2012, 07:00 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I can't wait to see. I'll post pics as soon as I receive it.

10 1,120
 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I received the box today and there is a lot of stuff inside. I'll be sending it out today or early in the morning. Here are pics as promised. They were taken from my cell phone, please excuse the poor quality.

[Image: 4-8094C21A-663388-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-4CC5115F-1393285-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-AF543C33-937367-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-CAF98729-705472-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-76060E7A-664936-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-4F48B3CC-1080129-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-174A9205-783903-800.jpg]

[Image: 4-0DFF5A6D-803324-800.jpg]

Here is what I took out

[Image: IMAG0317.jpg]

And here is what I put in. Maybe Pam will like the Mama Bear's Lilac & Lavender soap, it was too flowery for me.

[Image: 4-60107040-1129509-800.jpg]

10 1,120
 08-20-2012, 10:14 AM
User Info
Aaaaa

Aaaaa

1 345
 08-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
The box won't be going out today, hopefully it will go out tomorrow. My post office is giving me a hard time with it because of the liquids inside. They're telling me I must repack it and send it parcel post. HuhHuh

10 1,120
 08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
User Info
Pssssttttttttttt...don't tell them

1 345
 08-20-2012, 07:12 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(08-20-2012, 06:33 PM)MsBlackwolf Wrote: Pssssttttttttttt...don't tell them

I'm going to have to go grab a large flat rate box tomorrow and repack it, " liquids " is written on the box. Justin sent the box and said that he told the post office of the liquids and that they didn't ship it by air. My post office says that I can't use that flat rate priority box and send it by ground. So, how did it get from Justin to me in the time that it would a take priority package if it was shipped ground?

10 1,120
 08-21-2012, 02:47 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
(08-20-2012, 07:12 PM)MickToley Wrote:
(08-20-2012, 06:33 PM)MsBlackwolf Wrote: Pssssttttttttttt...don't tell them

I'm going to have to go grab a large flat rate box tomorrow and repack it, " liquids " is written on the box. Justin sent the box and said that he told the post office of the liquids and that they didn't ship it by air. My post office says that I can't use that flat rate priority box and send it by ground. So, how did it get from Justin to me in the time that it would a take priority package if it was shipped ground?

That is one good question. I was shocked that you received the box so soon. Looking at tracking the box went from Valparaiso to Gary, IN to NY. I didn't think the post office shipped air mail out of Gary. Usually with things going through air mail, the box goes from Valpo to Indy and then air mailed out. But I can not deny that the box just got there surprisingly fast for either air mail or ground.

As we have been complaining on another thread, each post office appears to be a pain about a different set of shipping rules. Seeing that the box I sent you is already marked liquids (my post office has no problem with aftershave and cologne being in the box), you will need to mark that out or get a new box. However, in all the years of these traveling boxes, I can't recall any time where they were not sent out by priority mail. In fact, I recall a certain member paying for the $15 in postage with stamps. Rows and rows of stamps...

Updated rotation:
  • Mick Toley
  • MsBlackwolf
  • Grant_Atwood
  • Soulska
  • Howler
  • MegaBullfrog
  • Saliavin
  • Etoyoc

0 253
 08-21-2012, 05:08 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Actually by law according to the USPS colognes/perfumes/aftershaves anything with a low flashpoint can NOT be shipped priority mail and must be mailed parcel post. If caught the punishment could be a hefty fine (I'm thinking it may be 5k) and/or imprisonment.

So that might be something to consider with the box is to remove those types of items from the box and stick with what is legally allowed by the post office just to be safe to protect those involved with mailing it.

Does the post office actually know that it's aftershaves with an alcohol content or just that it's a liquid? That could make a huge difference on the response that you get! Our post office I believe has posters up saying what is allowed and what is not allowed. I don't go there often as I have packages picked up at my home.

One of the crafts I do make and sell that is non-shave related is these cute little doll bottles that are real baby bottles but are permanently sealed but filled with a liquid to look like faux milk, juice etc. They are a child's toy. That would be an acceptable liquid to mail first class or priority. But I do mark my packages non-flammable liquids. But before I labeled them I did have packages return to me after being in route because they didn't know what type of liquid was inside and were returned ground. I then had to pay postage again to mail them out. Which is why I started to label those packages as such.

So it boils down to if you want to take the risk and follow the law for which they do have a reason for it. Or take the risk and hope no one gets caught and punished. You can only use the flat rate boxes for priority mail.

I'm not in on the rotation since it's not for vendors but since this is a topic I also sometimes deal with on my soapmaking forum that I am admin of so I thought I would give my 2 cents. I have members who want to make and sell hand sanitizer gels which also have a low flashpoint which is also a no-no because it's considered a drug by the FDA, but that's another topic. But also the sale of various fragrance oils among themselves which this topic does have something to do with.

7 405