07-30-2012, 12:21 PM
User Info
Well after going a remarkable amount of time with not purchasing any new brushes, or anything of any significant cost, I fell off the bandwagon.

First it was a 25mm Muhle Silvertip Fibres in Ivory and a Muhle R41 Grande. That's okay. I was planning on the Muhle someday eventually anyhow, and the Muhle R41 I'll always be curious about.

Then I saw The Shave Nook brush that's coming. Hmm... Yeah I need that too. I'd be foolish to not purchase one at that price! Plus I already know from experience that combo of hair is great!

But wait I want the Jubilee that is coming as well... Okay.

And yesterday late at night I got bit by the Manchurian badger bug hard. Wondering what that's like again, after resisting all this time, and hearing it might not be found to source again anytime soon. Add to the fact that the Classic 1 came back in stock, and sending an e-mail to Mark sealed my fate. I ordered one. Rolleyes

Oh well. I'm still ahead of the game for clearing my den! I think that counts for something! Biggrin

23 650
 07-30-2012, 12:37 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
No pictures? Very cruel... Biggrin

88 4,233
 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, you need one of the DB TSN2012 Bill Bowl mugs to go with those brushes.Biggrin

178 23,821
 07-30-2012, 01:34 PM
User Info
(07-30-2012, 12:37 PM)beartrap Wrote: No pictures? Very cruel... Biggrin

Haven't gotten anything yet to take a picture of! Wink

(07-30-2012, 01:14 PM)Johnny Wrote: Well, you need one of the DB TSN2012 Bill Bowl mugs to go with those brushes.Biggrin

Lol Thankfully I can resist that! Something about my 2.50 bowl I picked up at Ross that I've liked better than anything else so far. Wink

23 650
 07-30-2012, 02:13 PM
User Info
I've ordered a Finest hair brush, a manchurian from FS, a HMW from NF, a Rooney 2 band, a Simpsons 2 band, a CH1 Super, PJ2 super, and various prototype brushes all within the past 3 months.

Prior to that, I was pretty good about staying on the wagon. Not going to mention prior spending sprees.....

Oh, and no brush picutres is just cruel. I'm not being hypocritical because I didn't start the thread.... right?

9 3,037
 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(07-30-2012, 12:21 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Well after going a remarkable amount of time with not purchasing any new brushes, or anything of any significant cost, I fell off the bandwagon.

First it was a 25mm Muhle Silvertip Fibres in Ivory and a Muhle R41 Grande. That's okay. I was planning on the Muhle someday eventually anyhow, and the Muhle R41 I'll always be curious about.

Then I saw The Shave Nook brush that's coming. Hmm... Yeah I need that too. I'd be foolish to not purchase one at that price! Plus I already know from experience that combo of hair is great!

And yesterday late at night I got bit by the Manchurian badger bug hard. Wondering what that's like again, after resisting all this time, and hearing it might not be found to source again anytime soon. Add to the fact that the Classic 1 came back in stock, and sending an e-mail to Mark sealed my fate. I ordered one. Rolleyes

Oh well. I'm still ahead of the game for clearing my den! I think that counts for something! Biggrin

Enjoy them all with health,and let us know what you think of each brush.Some of those brushes are precious gems,specially the Classic 1 in Manchurian Badger.

88 7,214
 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM
User Info
Pics will come when I actually get the stuff. But I could post one from the site now too... It counts right since I purchased one? Biggrin

(07-30-2012, 02:32 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 12:21 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Well after going a remarkable amount of time with not purchasing any new brushes, or anything of any significant cost, I fell off the bandwagon.

Enjoy them all with health,and let us know what you think of each brush.Some of those brushes are precious gems,specially the Classic 1 in Manchurian Badger.

Yes I will. I already know what the Silvertip Fibres is like, I just sold my last one so I could get a bigger one. I was thinking of just a 23mm but then a 25mm came along, and not too much so I felt I should take that one.

The same goes for The Shave Nook LE brush. I know what to expect here. If you're considering to buying one, I'd say do it in a heartbeat. My Caravela is awful hard to beat for the price, and sorry but TGN knots just don't count for me. Frank Shaving, nothing. So far that's been the best bang for buck brush I've come across, and while this one's just a bit smaller, I feel that's the same. I think it's almost criminal how cheap Semogue's LE's are. They're excellent and well thought out and deserve the attention they've been getting!

Attached Files Image(s)

23 650
 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(07-30-2012, 02:34 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Pics will come when I actually get the stuff. But I could post one from the site now too... It counts right since I purchased one? Biggrin

(07-30-2012, 02:32 PM)Teiste Wrote:

Yes I will. I already know what the Silvertip Fibres is like, I just sold my last one so I could get a bigger one. I was thinking of just a 23mm but then a 25mm came along, and not too much so I felt I should take that one.

That Classic 1 Manchurian badger I will put it in a rank of the 3 most GORGEOUS brushes under 23 mm knot,and I think it would be number one of the list...BabeandoBabeandoBabeando

88 7,214
 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM
User Info
Joe, If you had to come off the wagon you chose some fantastic brushes to make the fall worthwhile. I trust that you will enjoy the manchurian badger and the classic 1 is great looking brush. Enjoy them all.

32 1,747
 07-30-2012, 07:19 PM
User Info
We'll see how well I like the Manchurian. I recently depleted a lot of 2-bands from my collection as I just find them for the most part either with not enough flowthrough and too dense, or with a very few just to harsh, and in some cases some just were a tad too soft. I'm a bit nervous the Classic 1 might be too dense and I won't like it, but I know I'd kick myself if I didn't at least try one though. Always BST if I don't like it though! Biggrin

23 650
 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
User Info
Joe, no problem falling off the wagon as most of us have done it and some of us are still falling off or clinging to it.
Enjoy your soon-to-be additions.

83 21,097
 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
User Info
I just find it funny when I do get interested in a brush it usually leads to more than one! Rolleyes

I will enjoy my new brushes and I'll post pictures of when I get them and use them and let you all know my experiences with them, and thanks all. Smile

23 650
 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
User Info
What no link!? Inquiring minds need a link for the source of said brush.

32 6,461
 07-30-2012, 10:41 PM
User Info
http://www.shaving.ie for the Muhle Silvertip Fibres
http://www.simpsonshavingbrushes.com for the Classic 1 in Manchurian Badger & when the Jubilee is released I imagine
http://www.vintagescent.com on Friday to get the Shave Nook LE brush

Smile

23 650