07-09-2016, 07:45 PM
User Info
[Image: 0KbUZ21.jpg]

This what came out from my 4 months old Tulip which I bought brand new.
The brush was part of a rotation of my 8 Simpsons brushes but it just can't stop shedding every use. I had shampoo and comb the brush for 6~7 times and every time there at least 10+ loss bristle. Every shave there will be few shedding too. I never have such issue for the rest of my Simpsons brushes.
All the bristle were a mix of short and long, I'm trying to confirm is the knot having problem or the bristle is just too soft and broke easily.
Anyone have similar problem before? What are the outcome?
Thanks for all help.

0 3
 07-09-2016, 08:10 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'd suggest you contact the vendor where you purchased the brush from or contact Simpson direct.

99 18,011
 07-09-2016, 08:12 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Simpsons does not, will not respond to shedding issues.

2 3,171
 07-09-2016, 08:28 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I'm generally pretty optimistic, but that story doesn't look like it has a happy ending... :'-(

22 824
 07-09-2016, 08:47 PM
User Info
Sad to see that this is what $194 gets you these days. Funny how Paladin and Varlet don't have these problems.... Hope it works out for you.

158 1,018
 07-09-2016, 09:04 PM
User Info
[Image: Gdv33jv.jpg]

I had contacted the vendor and he was very helpful, I also emailed Simpsons but still waiting for reply. 
I want to confirm is the knot having issue or just the Super grade bristle is too soft and can broke easily.
The brush have a loft of 52mm and many of the loose bristle are similar or shorter than that length.
Before this I don't have any serious shedding with all my Simspspns. Even my very dense Chubbies only shed a few bristle after many uses. The only one I had some shedding experience was my Duke 3 but it got slow down and stable after few months and not that many of loose bristle like the Tulip 3. 
The Tulip 3 was a joy to use, the handle was wonderful and the super hair was very soft and comfortable to use for face lathering and with good flow. I really like this brush but it had shed so much bristle that i wish the knot can be denser for my liking and face lather.
My last purchase I bought a few new brushes together and with this one having issue, i got to neglect the rest of the brushes and try to use the Tulip more and monitor how it goes. it only so many times I can shave per week. 
Thanks for all help and viewing.

0 3
 07-09-2016, 10:29 PM
User Info
I think it's just defective. If you watch the craftsmanship videos from the official Simpsons YouTube channel it appears as if they are just carelessly churning out brushes all day long. With that kind of volume and lack of attention to detail there are bound to be defective ones here and there.

61 1,710
 07-09-2016, 11:16 PM
User Info
(07-09-2016, 08:12 PM)kav Wrote: Simpsons does not, will not respond to shedding issues.

Why not? 

Makes you scared to buy those brand new Manchuran Chubby's..

11 1,149
 07-10-2016, 03:02 AM
User Info
(07-09-2016, 10:29 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I think it's just defective. If you watch the craftsmanship videos from the official Simpsons YouTube channel it appears as if they are just carelessly churning out brushes all day long. With that kind of volume and lack of attention to detail there are bound to be defective ones here and there.

I agree that it's likely to be a defective brush.  However, I've seen the videos you refer to and don't see anything in them supporting your statements.  All manufacturers turn out an occasional shedder, and I've never seen any evidence to suggest that Simpson has proportionally more shedders.  This problem should be addressed by the vendor.

48 5,737
 07-10-2016, 03:38 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(07-10-2016, 03:02 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:29 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I think it's just defective. If you watch the craftsmanship videos from the official Simpsons YouTube channel it appears as if they are just carelessly churning out brushes all day long. With that kind of volume and lack of attention to detail there are bound to be defective ones here and there.

I agree that it's likely to be a defective brush.  However, I've seen the videos you refer to and don't see anything in them supporting your statements.  All manufacturers turn out an occasional shedder, and I've never seen any evidence to suggest that Simpson has proportionally more shedders.  This problem should be addressed by the vendor.

+1

0 1,694
 07-10-2016, 04:18 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Simpson is a supporting vendor and their Managing Director is a member. Perhaps, permit time for the issue to be addressed by the relevant people before throwing stones.

99 18,011
 07-10-2016, 04:19 AM
User Info
@ben65

I'm sorry to hear & view the issues you appear to be experiencing.

I would recommend contacting your vendor in the first instance as you say you have done (if not directly purchased through Simpson) for an immediate resolution. 

If you are dissatisfied with their response, please direct message me here or email us & I will take a personal interest in the matter until the issue is fully resolved for you.

Despite what you might read above or on any other forum our customer service is considered by many to be one of the best in the business.

Many thanks,

Mark

1 632
 07-10-2016, 05:05 AM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
(07-09-2016, 08:12 PM)kav Wrote: Simpsons does not, will not respond to shedding issues.

Incorrect.

I've had two incidents of shedding and Simpsons have responded on both to my satisfaction.

1 214
 07-10-2016, 06:57 AM
User Info
(07-10-2016, 03:02 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:

Post #13 of this thread is a good start...

158 1,018
 07-10-2016, 07:32 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
GROSVENOR LE  I possess 7 empty handles, sent by other owners. All shed catastrophically  and not one received, has received or ever will receive a professional reply. I don't need to throw rocks. I have all these limited edition handles. 24

2 3,171
 07-10-2016, 07:45 AM
User Info
(07-10-2016, 07:32 AM)kav Wrote: GROSVENOR LE  I possess 7 empty handles, sent by other owners. All shed catastrophically  and not one received, has received or ever will receive a professional reply. I don't need to throw rocks. I have all these limited edition handles. 24

Excuse me Sir, are you implying that seven different individuals, who have supposedly purchased seven defective Grosvenor Limited Edition brushes, have emailed our company & none have received a response?

If so, I am baffled by that and would ask that those individuals contact me directly on mark@progress-vulfix.com, perhaps sending their original message also, in order for me to bring some resolution or at least an adequate reply.

Anyone that knows me, will know that I work some fairly crazy hours & endeavour to make a point of replying in a prompt, efficient & courteous manner where time, geography & wifi permits.

I'll leave this thread now and welcome those messages at the email address I have provided.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

Mark

1 632
 07-10-2016, 07:52 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I was one and you know full well the goodwill and PR generated by the utter silence of your savvy customer service acumen. You are several years to late to sit upright and straighten your tie.

2 3,171
 07-10-2016, 07:54 AM
User Info
(07-10-2016, 07:52 AM)kav Wrote: I was one and you know full well the goodwill and PR generated by the utter silence of your savvy customer service acumen. You are several years to late to sit upright and straighten your tie.

May I ask how many years too late to straighten my tie?

1 632
 07-10-2016, 08:10 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
You going to invoke some 90 day guarantee clause? I was posting on SHAVE MY FACE, that old. My brush, used exclusively in cold water with
Mitchell's Wool Fat began shedding catastrophically six months into use. I had previously emailed a LETTER OF PRAISE which went unanswered.
I emailed you THREE TIMES. I even offered to PAY for a new knot. NO REPLY,EVER. I received two shedders from a vendor who reported a high
mortality rate. 4 forum members from SMF and B&B sent their alopecia suffering handles as Hors de Combat. I seem to have established my personnae of 'throwing rocks' early. I am no longer in contact with the four forum members who have since ceased posting. You are standing on other men's reputation and rattling your sabre. I advise you buy a sword knot from PALADIN, lest it fall out too. I'm done with this futile exchange.
I'm done with SIMPSONS. Paladin, Vie Long shall I continue?

2 3,171
 07-10-2016, 08:19 AM
User Info
I'm going to deduce from that rant that the Limited Edition Grosvenors you refer to were manufactured under the stewardship of my father, probably around the 2009 period.

I would have been living in Australia at the time, far removed from the company, my father taking over the Simpson business back in 2008.

Without jumping to the defence of my father, who's a big boy & can fight his playground scuffles himself, he isn't now & never was much for technology given his age, particularly the art of email conversation.

That is no excuse however & I am profoundly sorry that his deficiencies have led to your feelings of disgruntlement toward our company. I can understand that totally - I only wish you had taken this up with me privately instead of consistently doing down the mostly excellent work of my staff.

Never mind, what is done, is done now. We move on.

Mark

1 632